10cc

Not on a dreadlock holiday, just put one next to an 00cc. Both simply brilliant.

2010 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Corton-Charlemagne, Grand Cru: Probably a decade away from its peak and oh so fresh. It has steely line and great intensity. There are notes of flint, preserved lemon and the most pure white peach fruit. There’s a hint of spice and the wine has such great clarity and focus. The finish has the usual PYCM chalky dry extract and length to burn.

2000 Faiveley Corton-Charlemagne, Grand Cru: A magic bottle drinking at its apogee. Has some retrained tropical notes along with smoky mineral and aniseed. It is rich, layered and powerful, almost in a Montrachet kind of way, but still has the razor sharp spine of Corton. It builds through the palate, has wonderful detail and is supremely long with some finishing citrus rind bitterness.

love those 2010 pycm.

I guess you got lucky…

I’m not in love
So don’t forget it
It’s just a silly phase I’m going through
And just because
I call you up
Don’t get me wrong, don’t think you’ve got it made
I’m not in love, no no, it’s because

Although, PYCM and Faiveley seem to be on the “low premox” train. Good for you, Jeremy!

That 2010 CC from PYCM is one of the best. I had it in magnum with the last being served last week. It has always been precise and incredibly long. Thanks for the note. It has always been special to me since I served it at my daughters wedding to my wine friends.

So you had the godly and creme of the crop?

What’s the band got to do with this?

‘10 Corton-Charlemagne

Paging Craig G, paging Craig G… [popcorn.gif]

What happened to the other eight?!?

10 cc. I was thinking quite small bottles. Hard to get the cork out.

I don’t like reggae.

I love it.

I need a bat-signal.

Lovely. We opened a 2000 Bonneau du Martray CC today and it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t singing like those…

That’s what I first thought too. I like the 2nd option of the vintage and lovely grand cru vineyard getting the handle especially if that was your intention.