TNs: 2017 Lumpp A Vigne, 2016 Tignanello

Revisited the Lumpp A Vigne which was again tremendous and drinking far above its level. Dark fruits with nice acidity and ample class on the palate with great transparency and a long finish.

From 375; 16 tig was a BEAST. Lovely dark fruits in the nose but burly tannins prevented access to the goods; becoming minimally more lenient over a couple hours. This will be fantastic in time, but locked down hard atm.

Nice, thanks for the TN. I’m holding a few A Vigne and Crausot in 2017. But I’m surprised though: was this an early taste or do you like them this young? I normally don’t start opening mine before 7 to 10 years after vintage.

Lumpp Gang checking in.

Phil, I had the '17 Petit Marole and it was already delicious.

I love 17 burgs and generally like to drink young burgs early before they shut down. 16s are gonna a take a minute to be ready, though.

What do you like about the 17’s? Can’t say I’ve tasted the vintage yet.

Not Michael, but I have been having trouble keeping my hands off of my 17s. They are exquisite now, with expressive, layered fruit and notable depth and complexity. They feel very true to place and are well-proportioned.

Friendly, generous and open with beautiful fruit.

Michael,

You seem to post on Lumpp more frequently than anyone. Can you share some specific wines + vintage from Lumpp?

I think you’ve convinced me of cracking open an A Vigne 2017 this year. I may be too conservative with them…

What about Crausot, as anybody tried a 2017 yet?

I have mostly a Vigne, but I have a few cras long that I haven’t opened yet.