TN: 2008 Willi Schaefer Graacher Domprobst Riesling Kabinett (Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer)

• 2008 Willi Schaefer Graacher Domprobst Riesling Kabinett - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (9/16/2020)
    Pop and poured. From 375
    Kaffir lime, slate, florals, and honey on the nose showing some signs of maturity. It’s graceful on the palate with simultaneously succulent yet snappy fruit that is beautifully balanced with its RS and acidity. This has gained focus since my last TN 9 years ago. I love the contrast where the depth and gravitas of Domprobst is offset with the lightness and lift of the vintage and reaches a great middle ground. On the palate it’s lifted and fresh with beautiful slate, RS, honey, orchard fruit, and florals. This smells and tastes of Graach. Mouthwatering and a real shame I bought this wine in 375 format. Complicated, yet offering effortlessly joyful drinking. A magnum would have been a better choice. Drinking at peak with plenty of time in hand even in this too diminutive format.

FWIW, fantastic with shrimp tacos with chile lime crema on fresh corn tortillas. 92 (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thank you for a wonderful TN Todd. The 2008 Auslesen are just starting to unfurl- definitely a very fine vintage for Schaefer.

Kabinett in halfs is mortification of the flesh

Indeed

Kabinett in halves is barely enough for one glass.

And thanks for the note. I have some 750s. That’s barely enough for two glasses.

Great notes Todd. Thanks for sharing.