Barrel furniture

A new store front opened recently here in the south SF East Bay. As I was watching them build out, I had hopes it was going to be a wine bar :wink: but turned out to be custom furniture made from wine barrels. No affiliation, just thought it might be of interest to folks here. I’m not sure if they ship, but worth checking in to if something catches your eye. Having seen the products up close, it’s some nice work.

https://www.enriquezbarrelscustombuilt.com/

Looks awesome!

Not to take anything away from this, but it reminds me of the Gilliams Winery and home…up on Spring Mountain when they were still operating. As I recall, the building was largely made out of old recycled redwood wine casks. They said they had a bee issue in the early years…

E3CC1F0D-F297-474D-BA4A-808E5813F2F3.jpeg
Cool. Love the poolside chairs. Furniture would go well w my wine cellar flooring made of wine barrels.

One of my friends pushed into retirement prematurely has been doing this down in. San Diego as well. Gonna have him make me a few of the Adirondack chairs

There are a few pieces in there that I would not mind owning.

There’s a guy out on Hwy 12 about 1/3 mile East of Melita Rd in Santa Rosa does this as well. Has a large display in his yard along the Hwy.

We’ve had this handcrafted wine barrel furniture in our ‘wine room’ for a couple of years - just sold them as we are downsizing.

They are well-built, look great, are sturdy, and reasonably-priced - https://www.timberhomefurnishings.com/product-page/4-piece-solid-wood-barrel-table-set-795.

They deliver directly to PA-NJ-DE-MD-DC-Northern VA - mentions other options available too.

I got a rocking chair made from staves and it is great.
www.winebarrelchairs.com

There was a guy named Whit McLeod who made toilet seat covers out of barrel heads. I am worried that Whit is very ill or no longer with us.

Anyway you put the seat up and there was the logo of your favorite cooper…or least favorite if you preferred. I thought about getting some for Jean and Noelle Francois but I couldn t decide whether i should give them Taransaud and Seguin Moreau seats or one with their company name.

I have Jack Daniel’s rocking chairs made from barrels on my front porch. Some great wood work out there.

Wow. With the cupholder equivalent for the rocking chair wine set!

With the exception of the pool chairs, I thought these were utterly tacky. They look like what I’d expect to see in a new winery founded by the wealthy founder of an auto parts chain and named for his dog, where the best thing you could say about the winery was that the view from the deck is stunning.

Don’t be so harsh. Some of them can really complete the room if you have a wagon wheel coffee table.

+1

You usually have good taste, Alan, what happened? neener

What the hell? It’s a small family business, the quality looks good to me. Some of the pieces aren’t things I’d own for myself, but if I had a pool, or a big entertaining patio, or a wine room, there are a number that would be fun to have. I posted because I wanted to share with a group likely to be interested, and to support a small business. If it doesn’t appeal to you, maybe just move on?

Your only chance of redeeming yourself, Alan, is to send us interior pictures of your own home. And all I can say, is it better look tasteful.

Lol, i get enough grief for the outside of my house, you think I’m going to post pictures of the inside? neener

I can say, there’s a lot of velvet.

Clever. That way you probably are never asked to host wine events.

Some super fugly shit, but this could be our Berserker throne:

7C7963E7-774F-4B77-86A0-E0921C694F41.jpeg