New Domaine Storage inventory software replacing CellarTracker

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Post Reply
Message
Author
HoosJustinG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 309
Joined: January 18th, 2020, 9:30 pm

New Domaine Storage inventory software replacing CellarTracker

#1 Post by HoosJustinG » September 15th, 2020, 2:07 pm

Am I the only one kinda miffed by this? I prefer CellarTracker’s interface and now I have to manage CT separately for what I have stored there...
I'm a good man ... in fact, it's my last name

Alex Valdes
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 206
Joined: June 22nd, 2020, 12:47 pm
Location: CT

Re: New Domaine Storage inventory software replacing CellarTracker

#2 Post by Alex Valdes » September 15th, 2020, 2:10 pm

What happened?

HoosJustinG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 309
Joined: January 18th, 2020, 9:30 pm

Re: New Domaine Storage inventory software replacing CellarTracker

#3 Post by HoosJustinG » September 15th, 2020, 4:59 pm

Alex Valdes wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 2:10 pm
What happened?
They launched a proprietary inventory management system. I suppose bottle pull requests are easier - not that sending emails was actually difficult - but having to manually manage CellarTracker inventory for bottles kept offsite by reconciling with this software is definitely harder.
I'm a good man ... in fact, it's my last name

User avatar
Ethan Abraham
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1542
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 10:34 am

Re: New Domaine Storage inventory software replacing CellarTracker

#4 Post by Ethan Abraham » September 15th, 2020, 5:08 pm

That's been the case for years.

HoosJustinG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 309
Joined: January 18th, 2020, 9:30 pm

Re: New Domaine Storage inventory software replacing CellarTracker

#5 Post by HoosJustinG » September 15th, 2020, 5:31 pm

Ethan Abraham wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 5:08 pm
That's been the case for years.
Maybe it’s rolled out one location at a time? My “premier” account in DC just got converted.
I'm a good man ... in fact, it's my last name

Evan Tunis
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 49
Joined: January 17th, 2020, 9:28 am

Re: New Domaine Storage inventory software replacing CellarTracker

#6 Post by Evan Tunis » September 15th, 2020, 5:43 pm

HoosJustinG wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 2:07 pm
Am I the only one kinda miffed by this? I prefer CellarTracker’s interface and now I have to manage CT separately for what I have stored there...
I'm sorry for your loss.

Alex Valdes
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 206
Joined: June 22nd, 2020, 12:47 pm
Location: CT

Re: New Domaine Storage inventory software replacing CellarTracker

#7 Post by Alex Valdes » September 15th, 2020, 6:13 pm

HoosJustinG wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 4:59 pm
Alex Valdes wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 2:10 pm
What happened?
They launched a proprietary inventory management system. I suppose bottle pull requests are easier - not that sending emails was actually difficult - but having to manually manage CellarTracker inventory for bottles kept offsite by reconciling with this software is definitely harder.
Gotcha. For NJ we’ve been on the proprietary system for a while.

I don’t like it either but have found putting everything in CT and clicking through what arrives / removing what goes to be ok. I periodically I download the spreadsheet and add up the bottles to make sure I’m not missing anything.

HoosJustinG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 309
Joined: January 18th, 2020, 9:30 pm

Re: New Domaine Storage inventory software replacing CellarTracker

#8 Post by HoosJustinG » September 15th, 2020, 7:28 pm

Evan Tunis wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 5:43 pm
HoosJustinG wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 2:07 pm
Am I the only one kinda miffed by this? I prefer CellarTracker’s interface and now I have to manage CT separately for what I have stored there...
I'm sorry for your loss.
Lol please point me to the last gripe on this message board that was not an ultimate first world problem. But yes, not the end of the world...
I'm a good man ... in fact, it's my last name

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”