William & Mary - September 22nd!

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
Demian Saenz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 143
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 7:28 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#101 Post by Demian Saenz » September 22nd, 2020, 2:08 pm

I went with 2/2/2 for my first allocation. You guys are getting me excited for this delivery.

David Schliecker
Posts: 225
Joined: June 16th, 2009, 11:58 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#102 Post by David Schliecker » September 22nd, 2020, 2:58 pm

In for 4x4x4. I am going to Popega one of each when they get delivered and then let the rest of them sleep for a little bit.

Michael_D
Posts: 48
Joined: September 7th, 2018, 10:15 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#103 Post by Michael_D » September 22nd, 2020, 3:43 pm

Chris H. wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 1:47 pm
Michael_D wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 1:34 pm
I have not tasted these wines, but decided to place an order (2/2/2) based on so much positive feedback on this site.
I was a first time buyer in 2016, and out of 6 bottles, I am down to 1. Excellent cabernet, that I find great balance, amazing quality of fruit, and just first class Napa cab. Buy with confidence. I think this will be a wine that can age, and only improve over short term cellaring.

2018 should be killer stuff!!
Thanks for the comments. I normally do not buy unless I've tasted, but in this COVID day and age, my yearly NAPA sabatical is on hold.

This forum is proving to be an expensive place to visit. I've added Realm, Rhys, Macdonald - and now this wine to my allocation list. (Peter Michael/Lewelling/Kosta Brown/Sea Smoke/Saxum/Cayuse/Turley) .....
D - Drew

User avatar
Bill Tex Landreth
Posts: 22946
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 11:45 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#104 Post by Bill Tex Landreth » September 22nd, 2020, 4:16 pm

David Schliecker wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 2:58 pm
In for 4x4x4. I am going to Popega one of each when they get delivered and then let the rest of them sleep for a little bit.
Haha. Will be doing the same in a couple of weeks when I am in Chicago for a dinner with friends.
Compact Disc and Wine Theft should be reported and prosecuted.

User avatar
Mark Maddox
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 147
Joined: January 8th, 2018, 10:14 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#105 Post by Mark Maddox » September 22nd, 2020, 5:29 pm

4x4x4...love these wines

Chr!s G|@rn3r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 612
Joined: November 25th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#106 Post by Chr!s G|@rn3r » September 22nd, 2020, 5:44 pm

5 Shiffcabs, 2 napcabs, 1shiffprop

Biggest order of W&M in 3 years on the list. The 2016 shiff cab is possibly my favorite wine Ive ever tasted.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5958
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#107 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » September 22nd, 2020, 7:07 pm

2016 WM cab is brilliant. Drank a bottle at mastros in Vegas last year which was just sublime.

User avatar
T Fletcher
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 412
Joined: October 31st, 2011, 11:05 am
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#108 Post by T Fletcher » September 22nd, 2020, 7:40 pm

Holy cow! The Shifflett Cab shows to be SOLD OUT!

If that's accurate, congrats to Will! The next "Wait List" producer???
Trent Fletcher
CT: tcufletch

NickRut
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 982
Joined: June 10th, 2016, 5:00 pm

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#109 Post by NickRut » September 22nd, 2020, 7:50 pm

Wow - first of the 18s I’ve personally seen sell out, especially in the first day. Impressive!
Rutkowski

Michael Fess
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 711
Joined: May 10th, 2010, 5:51 am
Location: Denver, CO

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#110 Post by Michael Fess » September 22nd, 2020, 8:00 pm

Pretty sure earlier today my allocation was 12 bottles of the Shifflett, just went in it was 3 bottles. I bought them.

User avatar
Tyler F.
Posts: 172
Joined: June 22nd, 2019, 10:41 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#111 Post by Tyler F. » September 22nd, 2020, 8:06 pm

NickRut wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 7:50 pm
Wow - first of the 18s I’ve personally seen sell out, especially in the first day. Impressive!
Wow! Glad I did not wait to purchase!
Tyler Fabian

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 21026
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#112 Post by Brian Tuite » September 22nd, 2020, 8:22 pm

Tyler F. wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 8:06 pm
NickRut wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 7:50 pm
Wow - first of the 18s I’ve personally seen sell out, especially in the first day. Impressive!
Wow! Glad I did not wait to purchase!
I’m glad Len Stevens didn’t follow my advice on it being available for a few days. I’d have to sell him some of mine.
All said I’m not the baller some of you guys are but I spent way more than I usually do.
4 Shifflett Cab 750s + 1 Mag
2 - Prop Red
2- Napa

I’ll take the 2020 vintage off. Maybe.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

Chris H.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 239
Joined: January 18th, 2018, 11:56 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#113 Post by Chris H. » September 22nd, 2020, 8:28 pm

Tyler F. wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 8:06 pm
NickRut wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 7:50 pm
Wow - first of the 18s I’ve personally seen sell out, especially in the first day. Impressive!
Wow! Glad I did not wait to purchase!
Yes, I just checked my 12 bottles now display as n/a for the Shifflett Cabernet. Glad I got 3, was thinking about more, but that'll do.

Awesome news for Will!!!
H a r r i s

Chris H.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 239
Joined: January 18th, 2018, 11:56 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#114 Post by Chris H. » September 22nd, 2020, 8:32 pm

Michael_D wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 3:43 pm
Chris H. wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 1:47 pm
Michael_D wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 1:34 pm
I have not tasted these wines, but decided to place an order (2/2/2) based on so much positive feedback on this site.
I was a first time buyer in 2016, and out of 6 bottles, I am down to 1. Excellent cabernet, that I find great balance, amazing quality of fruit, and just first class Napa cab. Buy with confidence. I think this will be a wine that can age, and only improve over short term cellaring.

2018 should be killer stuff!!
Thanks for the comments. I normally do not buy unless I've tasted, but in this COVID day and age, my yearly NAPA sabatical is on hold.

This forum is proving to be an expensive place to visit. I've added Realm, Rhys, Macdonald - and now this wine to my allocation list. (Peter Michael/Lewelling/Kosta Brown/Sea Smoke/Saxum/Cayuse/Turley) .....
You'll be really pleased with the wineries that you've added to your allocation list. Realm is totally first class, and The Bard is fairly priced for the quality, Rhys--even their appellation chardonnay and pinot are impressive, the single vineyard bottlings take it up a notch from an already high level. I've been on the MacDonald waiting list since 2018, and I figure I have a few more years to wait. I'd highly suggest Greer (their 2016 is off the charts good), while you wait, I am sure there is some 2017 Cabernet still available. Personally, I think I am going to take the 2017 vintage off, and hopefully will be able to buy the 2018 when offered next year. The 2017 Napa Cabs have been a bit underwhelming considering the 2012-2016 vintages, so I had to draw a line in the sand with that producer, unfortunately. Next year though!
H a r r i s

jeffruggels
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 736
Joined: June 24th, 2011, 9:32 am
Location: Burbank

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#115 Post by jeffruggels » September 22nd, 2020, 8:42 pm

Sold out day one - WOW. Congrats to will and his family!

User avatar
Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5803
Joined: February 1st, 2009, 6:25 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#116 Post by Kris Patten » September 22nd, 2020, 9:16 pm

In for some Red Blend, I love Franc, and for a Napa Cab to test drive. Will has been such a great guy, even sending me some 17's when we had our little boy last October and couldn't buy, that I had to get a couple. He's helped me over the years a ton be it RM or W&M.

Will definitely put some 19s in my sons birth year stash next year too.

Thanks Will.
ITB

Tom Reddick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1561
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 9:56 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#117 Post by Tom Reddick » September 22nd, 2020, 9:35 pm

NickRut wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 7:50 pm
Wow - first of the 18s I’ve personally seen sell out, especially in the first day. Impressive!
Big congratulations to Will! I was a buyer and fan from day 1. The wines are sensationally good. Day one sellouts were inevitable at some point- and well done to Will for reaching a big milestone.
ITB - Cellar appraisals

MichaelLee
Posts: 74
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 4:56 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#118 Post by MichaelLee » September 22nd, 2020, 9:56 pm

I dont think it's sold out yet. I am able to still place an order.

Nicholas C
Posts: 115
Joined: July 24th, 2020, 9:58 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#119 Post by Nicholas C » September 22nd, 2020, 10:05 pm

I loved Will's tasting note for the Shifflett cab, power in its simplicity that made me reconsider and add an extra bottle than I had planned

"This is the best wine I have ever made."
[ 0 0 p 3 r

User avatar
Tyler F.
Posts: 172
Joined: June 22nd, 2019, 10:41 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#120 Post by Tyler F. » September 22nd, 2020, 10:25 pm

MichaelLee wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 9:56 pm
I dont think it's sold out yet. I am able to still place an order.
Shifflett is gone. The Napa and Proprietary Red are still available.
Tyler Fabian

Frank Z
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 547
Joined: September 5th, 2018, 12:04 pm

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#121 Post by Frank Z » September 22nd, 2020, 10:44 pm

I was just able to add 3 Shifflett to my cart about an hour ago, but then I got distracted and now it’s truly gone! Ha!
Frank Zhang

David Crow
Posts: 135
Joined: September 30th, 2016, 8:22 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#122 Post by David Crow » September 23rd, 2020, 5:48 am

So is William & Mary becoming the next Macdonald?

Chr!s G|@rn3r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 612
Joined: November 25th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#123 Post by Chr!s G|@rn3r » September 23rd, 2020, 5:55 am

David Crow wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 5:48 am
So is William & Mary becoming the next Macdonald?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=154528&p=2582454&hi ... d#p2582454

David Crow
Posts: 135
Joined: September 30th, 2016, 8:22 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#124 Post by David Crow » September 23rd, 2020, 6:10 am

Chr!s G|@rn3r wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 5:55 am
David Crow wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 5:48 am
So is William & Mary becoming the next Macdonald?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=154528&p=2582454&hi ... d#p2582454
I remember that thread. Just wondering if the quick sellout suggests it’s officially reached that status.

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 21026
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#125 Post by Brian Tuite » September 23rd, 2020, 6:32 am

David Crow wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 6:10 am
Chr!s G|@rn3r wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 5:55 am
David Crow wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 5:48 am
So is William & Mary becoming the next Macdonald?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=154528&p=2582454&hi ... d#p2582454
I remember that thread. Just wondering if the quick sellout suggests it’s officially reached that status.
If someone wants to give me $700 for my 2018 Shifflett Mag I’ll say yes it has.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

User avatar
Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1994
Joined: June 20th, 2011, 7:49 am
Location: Sherman Oaks

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#126 Post by Scott Watkins » September 23rd, 2020, 7:07 am

Brian Tuite wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 6:32 am
David Crow wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 6:10 am
I remember that thread. Just wondering if the quick sellout suggests it’s officially reached that status.
If someone wants to give me $700 for my 2018 Shifflett Mag I’ll say yes it has.
If it is I guess next year we will only be able to buy 3 :(
“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

Demian Saenz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 143
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 7:28 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#127 Post by Demian Saenz » September 23rd, 2020, 7:32 am

It looks like the Proprietary Red is close to selling out. I just went back for a couple more bottles and my allocation was down to 1.

NickRut
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 982
Joined: June 10th, 2016, 5:00 pm

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#128 Post by NickRut » September 23rd, 2020, 7:40 am

Demian Saenz wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 7:32 am
It looks like the Proprietary Red is close to selling out. I just went back for a couple more bottles and my allocation was down to 1.

Ha I was going to do the same. Figured why not another 3 and now both order number and wishlist are n/a. This stuff moved quick!
Rutkowski

ykwon
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1022
Joined: November 29th, 2014, 9:10 am
Location: The Big D

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#129 Post by ykwon » September 23rd, 2020, 7:46 am

Finally got off my but to place an order. Sad I waited too long and missed on the estate cab.
y 0 n 9
k w 0 n

User avatar
Bud Carey
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5773
Joined: February 2nd, 2009, 8:29 am
Location: Philly Suburbs

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#130 Post by Bud Carey » September 23rd, 2020, 7:55 am

I ordered early... 6 of each. Needless to say, I'm a big fan.
Budman

Matt A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 62
Joined: August 29th, 2019, 2:53 pm

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#131 Post by Matt A » September 23rd, 2020, 8:06 am

Wow, those went fast.
Last couple years I could wait till December and still make an order. Glad I didn’t procrastinate this time around. Word of mouth is a powerful thing.

Congrats to Will Segui & Family!
And on the 8th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said “I need a caretaker.”
So God made a Farmer.
-Paul Harvey

joejolesch
Posts: 294
Joined: December 4th, 2019, 9:24 pm

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#132 Post by joejolesch » September 23rd, 2020, 8:30 am

I was able to order 3 bottles of the 2017 back in July, but felt ”this time it’s different” and placed my order 15 minutes after seeing the email. So glad I didn’t hesitate!

Edit: Huge congrats to Will & family, this is well earned! [cheers.gif]

User avatar
Brian Lynch
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: April 29th, 2010, 8:36 am
Location: Philly

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#133 Post by Brian Lynch » September 23rd, 2020, 8:37 am

T Fletcher wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 7:40 pm
Holy cow! The Shifflett Cab shows to be SOLD OUT!

If that's accurate, congrats to Will! The next "Wait List" producer???
I bought a mixed case a half hour before your post so count me lucky to have gotten the last of the remaining Shifflett Cab. Will is so awesome that we are really happy for him and his family. Congrats!
The Waterboys

Keith Koshk!n
Posts: 44
Joined: January 13th, 2019, 9:04 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#134 Post by Keith Koshk!n » September 23rd, 2020, 9:27 am

Wow, glad I got my order in last night on my phone while my kid was falling asleep. 3 Shifflett Ranch cabs, 2 Napa cabs, and 1 Proprietary.

I don't buy nearly as much Napa cab as I used to, but this is an easy call.

Fabulous wines. Can't wait to try these in a few years.

User avatar
Gus Siokis
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 209
Joined: August 25th, 2018, 11:12 am
Location: Marietta, Georgia

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#135 Post by Gus Siokis » September 23rd, 2020, 9:45 am

email landed in my junk folder and missed on the Shifflett....picked up some Napa Cab and Proprietary.
CT: gsiokis
Instagram: GiantDolphan

User avatar
John Webber
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 966
Joined: February 26th, 2009, 8:40 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#136 Post by John Webber » September 23rd, 2020, 10:04 am

I snooze, I lose. No cab for me.

User avatar
Bill Tex Landreth
Posts: 22946
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 11:45 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#137 Post by Bill Tex Landreth » September 23rd, 2020, 11:05 am

John Webber wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 10:04 am
I snooze, I lose. No cab for me.
I'll bring you a bottle next time I head that way.
Compact Disc and Wine Theft should be reported and prosecuted.

User avatar
John Webber
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 966
Joined: February 26th, 2009, 8:40 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#138 Post by John Webber » September 23rd, 2020, 11:35 am

Bill Tex Landreth wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 11:05 am
John Webber wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 10:04 am
I snooze, I lose. No cab for me.
I'll bring you a bottle next time I head that way.
Love this place! :)

K.C0LBURN
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20
Joined: September 3rd, 2020, 7:08 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#139 Post by K.C0LBURN » September 23rd, 2020, 1:36 pm

Narrowly got some Shifflett last night. Feeling lucky now!
K A T H E R I N E

Len Stevens
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 250
Joined: May 10th, 2019, 9:13 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#140 Post by Len Stevens » September 23rd, 2020, 2:25 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 8:22 pm
Tyler F. wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 8:06 pm
NickRut wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 7:50 pm
Wow - first of the 18s I’ve personally seen sell out, especially in the first day. Impressive!
Wow! Glad I did not wait to purchase!
I’m glad Len Stevens didn’t follow my advice on it being available for a few days. I’d have to sell him some of mine.
All said I’m not the baller some of you guys are but I spent way more than I usually do.
4 Shifflett Cab 750s + 1 Mag
2 - Prop Red
2- Napa

I’ll take the 2020 vintage off. Maybe.
Brian

Will contacted me directly and took great care of me! All I will say is that I am a buyer of his for life. What a class act.

Mike C.
Posts: 249
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#141 Post by Mike C. » September 23rd, 2020, 2:59 pm

As I’ve moved to buying more old world wine, I’ve been cutting my lists, but sounds like I should get on this train...
h@0

Mike C.
Posts: 249
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#142 Post by Mike C. » September 23rd, 2020, 3:08 pm

Mike C. wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 2:59 pm
As I’ve moved to buying more old world wine, I’ve been cutting my lists, but sounds like I should get on this train...
And I did. Shifflett Cab obviously sold out, but at least got 2 x Napa and 2 x Prop
h@0

User avatar
Christine Courtney
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 31
Joined: July 27th, 2019, 5:03 am
Location: Las Vegas and Walnut Creek

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#143 Post by Christine Courtney » September 23rd, 2020, 4:39 pm

Damn, missed out. I only ever want 1 bottle of each wine, so sometimes I wish the wineries would give a guaranteed allocation of at least 1 bottle for a couple of days if we have made the list, especially during the workweek releases. I appreciate that some people have the means to buy multiple bottles of each wine if it offered, but then it takes away from some of us being able to enjoy, as it is a few people with a lot, instead of a lot of people with a few.
"I can certainly see you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between bordeaux and claret" John Cleese-Fawlty Towers

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 21026
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#144 Post by Brian Tuite » September 23rd, 2020, 5:49 pm

Christine Courtney wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 4:39 pm
Damn, missed out. I only ever want 1 bottle of each wine, so sometimes I wish the wineries would give a guaranteed allocation of at least 1 bottle for a couple of days if we have made the list, especially during the workweek releases. I appreciate that some people have the means to buy multiple bottles of each wine if it offered, but then it takes away from some of us being able to enjoy, as it is a few people with a lot, instead of a lot of people with a few.
You can say that again!

Oh, wait...
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

User avatar
Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5803
Joined: February 1st, 2009, 6:25 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#145 Post by Kris Patten » September 23rd, 2020, 5:49 pm

Christine is REALLY bummed x3....maybe Will will see her despair and come to the rescue.
ITB

ykwon
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1022
Joined: November 29th, 2014, 9:10 am
Location: The Big D

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#146 Post by ykwon » September 23rd, 2020, 5:59 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 5:49 pm
Christine Courtney wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 4:39 pm
Damn, missed out. I only ever want 1 bottle of each wine, so sometimes I wish the wineries would give a guaranteed allocation of at least 1 bottle for a couple of days if we have made the list, especially during the workweek releases. I appreciate that some people have the means to buy multiple bottles of each wine if it offered, but then it takes away from some of us being able to enjoy, as it is a few people with a lot, instead of a lot of people with a few.
You can say that again!

Oh, wait...
[rofl.gif]
y 0 n 9
k w 0 n

User avatar
Curtis Chen
Posts: 1307
Joined: June 27th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#147 Post by Curtis Chen » September 23rd, 2020, 6:20 pm

Kris Patten wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 5:49 pm
Christine is REALLY bummed x3....maybe Will will see her despair and come to the rescue.
One post per bottle. Reached minimum allocation.
CellarTracker: Curtis Chen

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 21026
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#148 Post by Brian Tuite » September 23rd, 2020, 6:28 pm

Kris Patten wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 5:49 pm
Christine is REALLY bummed x3....maybe Will will see her despair and come to the rescue.
Bernie! Bernie! Bernie!
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

Russell Porter
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2020, 8:59 am

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#149 Post by Russell Porter » September 23rd, 2020, 8:32 pm

I was introduced to William & Mary through a friend this summer who arranged for a tasting in Napa. It was clearly a great wine and I got on the list. I didn't realize until I saw this thread how popular and well known this wine was (As you can see, I'm new to the group...it's my first post). In any event, I was smart enough to buy off of my allocation on the first day, and now feel very fortunate I did!

User avatar
Christine Courtney
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 31
Joined: July 27th, 2019, 5:03 am
Location: Las Vegas and Walnut Creek

Re: William & Mary - September 22nd!

#150 Post by Christine Courtney » September 24th, 2020, 4:25 am

ykwon wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 5:59 pm
Brian Tuite wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 5:49 pm
Christine Courtney wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 4:39 pm
Damn, missed out. I only ever want 1 bottle of each wine, so sometimes I wish the wineries would give a guaranteed allocation of at least 1 bottle for a couple of days if we have made the list, especially during the workweek releases. I appreciate that some people have the means to buy multiple bottles of each wine if it offered, but then it takes away from some of us being able to enjoy, as it is a few people with a lot, instead of a lot of people with a few.
You can say that again!

Oh, wait...
[rofl.gif]
I am so sorry.....when I went to post I got the circle of death on my computer, so I hit submit again and nothing happened, so I reloaded the page and it was gone, so I started a new post, lol!! I only see one here now, so I hope the "repeats' were removed. But yes, I am bummed, perhaps one could say x 3 newhere

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”