Re: wine.com delivery fail

#251 Post by AD Northup » October 8th, 2020, 4:12 pm

Nick Ellis wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 4:05 pm
AD Northup wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 8:02 pm
J_Weber wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 7:40 pm

What details exactly? My situation is pretty much the same as the other 800K people living in this part of Indiana.
Probably the crossing of state borders part (hypothetically circumventing your home states rightfully earned sales tax collections?)
RIGHTFULLY EARNED?

I just cleared out my nasal passages with a 2018 Baudry Granges when I read that.
That’s what the state would argue, and win, unfortunately. No one (myself included) enjoys it, but it is indeed the law of the land.
A n d r e w N o r t h u p

2020 WsOTY:

2015 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs La Presle (#1)
1954 Fontanafredda Barbaresco
2015 Ultramarine BdB

2019 WsOTY:
1994 Edmunds St. John Les Côtes Sauvages
2016 P. S. Garcia Grenache Piedra Lisa
2002 Perrier-Jouet Belle Époque
2005 Faja dos Padres Malvasia

Nick Ellis

#252 Post by Nick Ellis » October 8th, 2020, 4:17 pm

AD Northup wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 4:12 pm
Nick Ellis wrote:
AD Northup wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 8:02 pm

Probably the crossing of state borders part (hypothetically circumventing your home states rightfully earned sales tax collections?)
RIGHTFULLY EARNED?

I just cleared out my nasal passages with a 2018 Baudry Granges when I read that.
That’s what the state would argue, and win, unfortunately. No one (myself included) enjoys it, but it is indeed the law of the land.
I understand your point, but the state would not win if I’m on that jury. I’d also move to Fallujah before Indiana, so that’s never going to happen.

AD Northup
GCC Member
GCC Member

#253 Post by AD Northup » October 8th, 2020, 4:21 pm

Nick Ellis wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 4:17 pm
AD Northup wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 4:12 pm
Nick Ellis wrote:

RIGHTFULLY EARNED?

I understand your point, but the state would not win if I’m on that jury. I’d also move to Fallujah before Indiana, so that’s never going to happen.
[rofl.gif]
A n d r e w N o r t h u p

2020 WsOTY:

2015 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs La Presle (#1)
1954 Fontanafredda Barbaresco
2015 Ultramarine BdB

2019 WsOTY:
1994 Edmunds St. John Les Côtes Sauvages
2016 P. S. Garcia Grenache Piedra Lisa
2002 Perrier-Jouet Belle Époque
2005 Faja dos Padres Malvasia

Mike C.

#254 Post by Mike C. » October 8th, 2020, 4:39 pm

NY warehouse order:

10/01 - Ordered new inventory (2018 Bernard Moreau Vergers)
10/06 - Requested delivery date (so requested ship date of 10/05 with one-day standard transit)
10/08 - Actual ship date

So there is a backlog but things are going out.
h@0

Arv R

#255 Post by Arv R » October 8th, 2020, 8:19 pm

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 8.15.07 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 8.20.16 PM.png
R_@_0

Chris Crutchfield

#256 Post by Chris Crutchfield » October 8th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Could be with the cooling temps they are getting slammed with orders (both held orders as well as new orders). Probably most people here who ordered something during the summer asked to have it shipped right about now (I know I did).

Chris Crutchfield

#257 Post by Chris Crutchfield » October 9th, 2020, 10:31 am

Well, my orders from a few months back that I asked to be held until mid-October are now shipping. So we will see if I actually get everything that I ordered.

T. Williams

#258 Post by T. Williams » October 9th, 2020, 10:58 am

I had 4 bottles from mid summer scheduled to ship on 10-5-20. They shipped on 10-7-20 and arrived yesterday. Had I not seen this thread I wouldn’t have noticed anything.
Tim W.
Proud Member: Young and Spendy

https://www.instagram.com/twilliams_dad.chef.engineer/

joejolesch

#259 Post by joejolesch » October 9th, 2020, 11:05 am

For what it’s worth, every order I placed over the summer with codes have been shipped accurately and correctly over the last few weeks.

mmarcellus
GCC Member
GCC Member

#260 Post by mmarcellus » October 9th, 2020, 11:25 am

joejolesch wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 11:05 am
For what it’s worth, every order I placed over the summer with codes have been shipped accurately and correctly over the last few weeks.
My orders have also shipped accurately and correctly, though some late August orders were delayed. I currently have have one order sitting in limbo. (NY warehouse).
M @ r k

G. Curd
GCC Member
GCC Member

#261 Post by G. Curd » October 9th, 2020, 11:59 am

I can add to those who luckily had no problems. My order from June shipped this week as scheduled. I do feel for those who had shipping/payment problems. I hope it all gets worked out
G a v i n

JBrochu

#262 Post by JBrochu » October 9th, 2020, 12:20 pm

I don't understand how 75% of the wines I ordered across 15 orders between May and August were no longer available, while other people's orders where not impacted at all. Do you folks all know the warehouse you get shipments from? All my problem orders would have been coming from the NY warehouse.
J@hn

T. Williams

#263 Post by T. Williams » October 9th, 2020, 12:29 pm

JBrochu wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 12:20 pm
I don't understand how 75% of the wines I ordered across 15 orders between May and August were no longer available, while other people's orders where not impacted at all. Do you folks all know the warehouse you get shipments from? All my problem orders would have been coming from the NY warehouse.
Luck of the draw probably. What did you order, maybe we can triangulate common missing wines. I am a NY warehouser too.
Tim W.

Chris Crutchfield

#264 Post by Chris Crutchfield » October 9th, 2020, 12:37 pm

JBrochu wrote:
NY warehouse for me. I haven't received the shipments yet, but did get fedex tracking notifications for half a dozen parcels heading my way. Most of the stuff that I ordered has been showing OOS for a while, so it seems like they were indeed holding it for me. I'll know more in a day or two.

JBrochu

#265 Post by JBrochu » October 9th, 2020, 1:04 pm

T. Williams wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 12:29 pm
JBrochu wrote:
Luck of the draw probably. What did you order, maybe we can triangulate common missing wines. I am a NY warehouser too.
I deleted the pending orders from CT after wine.com finally canceled them, so I don't know exactly what I had ordered. Mostly various bottles, (two or three bottles of probably 10 to 12 different releases), of Oregon pinot noir, estate bottlings from Ribbon Ridge and Eola-Amity Hills. 2018 Delille Chaleur Estate Blanc. A few different Spanish Mencia. And several Barolo and Barbaresco. Oh yeah and several Beaujolais offerings. It was about 80 or 90 bottles in total.

For the most part, when I get those discount codes I check what's on sale and look for things with great ratings and try to snag two or three bottles. I'm still early in this hobby so my buying is not super focused on specific producers and regions.
J@hn

T. Williams

#266 Post by T. Williams » October 9th, 2020, 1:12 pm

JBrochu wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 1:04 pm
T. Williams wrote:
JBrochu wrote:
I deleted the pending orders from CT after wine.com finally canceled them, so I don't know exactly what I had ordered. Mostly various bottles, (two or three bottles of probably 10 to 12 different releases), of Oregon pinot noir, estate bottlings from Ribbon Ridge and Eola-Amity Hills. 2018 Delille Chaleur Estate Blanc. A few different Spanish Mencia. And several Barolo and Barbaresco. Oh yeah and several Beaujolais offerings. It was about 80 or 90 bottles in total.

For the most part, when I get those discount codes I check what's on sale and look for things with great ratings and try to snag two or three bottles. I'm still early in this hobby so my buying is not super focused on specific producers and regions.
Are you sure they cancelled because of the inventory system upgrade debacle or did they cancel the orders because they thought you were using coupon codes that broke their Ts&Cs? I was able to place some orders for $1 bottles based on stacking coupons, but they cancelled those orders on me. I've used lots (almost all the 33% off ones + a bunch of the lesser %'s) of the coupon codes and really only was able to get 3 cases worth of wine, maybe the high bottle count raised a flag?
Tim W.

JBrochu

#267 Post by JBrochu » October 9th, 2020, 1:25 pm

T. Williams wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 1:12 pm
JBrochu wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 1:04 pm
T. Williams wrote:

Are you sure they cancelled because of the inventory system upgrade debacle or did they cancel the orders because they thought you were using coupon codes that broke their Ts&Cs? I was able to place some orders for $1 bottles based on stacking coupons, but they cancelled those orders on me. I've used lots (almost all the 33% off ones + a bunch of the lesser %'s) of the coupon codes and really only was able to get 3 cases worth of wine, maybe the high bottle count raised a flag?
They were definitely canceled due to the inventory being gone. I initiated the cancellation of the orders, not them. This was after they contacted me to make replacements picks for the second time, and I asked them for a full accounting of each of my open orders. Once I found out that 75% of the bottles were no longer available, I told them to cancel anything still outstanding.

I didn't stack any coupons and I only used one account.
J@hn

T. Williams

#268 Post by T. Williams » October 9th, 2020, 1:28 pm

JBrochu wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 1:25 pm

They were definitely canceled due to the inventory being gone. I initiated the cancellation of the orders, not them. This was after they contacted me to make replacements picks for the second time, and I asked them for a full accounting of each of my open orders. Once I found out that 75% of the bottles were no longer available, I told them to cancel anything still outstanding.

I didn't stack any coupons and I only used one account.
Ouch. That's a real downer then.
Tim W.

Joe G a l e w s k i
GCC Member
GCC Member

#269 Post by Joe G a l e w s k i » October 11th, 2020, 9:58 am

I just returned 2 shipments. One was 2 bottles of 2014 Dunn Howell Mountain, the other 1 bottle of 2015 Chateau Monsbousquet. All 3 bottles shipped from California when it was 90F to 100F, all 3 bottles show signs of seepage, with 1 bottle that has a raised cork. I wrote on all 3 bottles that they were shipped in 90F+ weather. I told wine.com I would do that and they were ok with it. Looking at the 2 ruined bottles of Dunn Howell Mountain makes me sad.
Winecom shipping error (3).jpg
Winecom shipping error (1).jpg
Winecom shipping error (2).jpg

Victor Hong

#270 Post by Victor Hong » October 11th, 2020, 7:59 pm

TrustPilot reviewers are now reporting problems with applying their gift cards for purchases.
WineHunter.

cjsadler

#271 Post by cjsadler » October 12th, 2020, 10:26 am

joejolesch wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 11:05 am
Some of the orders I placed this summer are now shipping (out of NY). Not on the correct dates (one that was supposed to ship in November just went out today), but at least they didn't ship them during the summer. Luckily, I'll be home. The correct wines seem to have been held, but I guess I'll find out for sure when I open the boxes.

Update: It's 4 orders and counting that suddenly went out today (these were all supposed to be shipped later in Oct or in Nov/Dec). The FedEx Office that these are being held at is going to hate me.
Chris Sadler

frank n

#272 Post by frank n » October 12th, 2020, 8:56 pm

wine.com seems to mess up a few of my orders by having them shipped earlier than the selected date. Aside from that, every time when i call in to voice my concerns, their customer service representatives are extremely understanding, and cooperative! Some of them have gone above and beyond to keep everyone happy, and specifically for me. I am sure they want to keep everyone happy especially to their loyal stewardship members. Hopefully, they will overcome their challenges soon!
N@ champagne.gif [cheers.gif]

Chris Crutchfield

#273 Post by Chris Crutchfield » October 12th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Chris Crutchfield wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 12:37 pm
JBrochu wrote:
NY warehouse for me. I haven't received the shipments yet, but did get fedex tracking notifications for half a dozen parcels heading my way. Most of the stuff that I ordered has been showing OOS for a while, so it seems like they were indeed holding it for me. I'll know more in a day or two.
My orders from August have mostly shipped out, there are a few orders that are still pending but most of my wine made it to me. Now I just need to figure out how to force Rakuten to credit me my cash back.

Mike Wenzel
GCC Member
GCC Member

#274 Post by Mike Wenzel » October 12th, 2020, 10:29 pm

Against my better judgment ordered seven bottles last week. Got shipping notice that wines would ship a day later than promised. Went to pick up the wine (since Fed Ex usually does a fake delivery with Wine.com for me) and only one of seven bottles arrived. Communicated on chat and was told remainder would ship this week, when it was 90+ degrees. Cancelled the remainder because shipping date could not be controlled. Checked my credit card and instead of a refund was charged a second time, but dollar amounts were 30 cents apart for two orders. Then received another shipping notice today for the now cancelled order, but only 6 pounds, so seems like another two bottles.

Sam C.

#275 Post by Sam C. » October 15th, 2020, 2:36 pm

Orders from the summer shipped a day earlier then expected (oct 11 vs 12th) which wasn't an issue. One order was supposed to be two bottles but box only had one. I had to wait 45 minutes to get on a chat online but once connected the person quickly said they would ship a replacement. I received a notice the next day acknowledging the issue and stating a replacement wine was on the way. Wine showed up today. Good outcome although a pain to have to monitor.
Chainan

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#276 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f » October 15th, 2020, 2:45 pm

I noticed a few things on their site today that I had not noticed earlier in the week. Not sure what they mean, but ...

- The site took way longer than it should to load the landing page (more than once). Once in, navigating within the site was normal.
- The site is now back to showing "ships tomorrow" for in-stock wines, as opposed saying that the first available ship date is a week out, as it has been doing for a couple of weeks.
- At least one new wine I'd been periodically checking on - the 2018 Ridge Lytton Springs - is now showing as available, so they are at least adding some inventory (I also had an "alert" set up for this one, but I haven't received anything on that).

No news on my actual orders other than that none of them show as shipping earlier than scheduled. The earliest scheduled ship date is Monday, so that's when the real test begins.

DanielP
GCC Member
GCC Member

#277 Post by DanielP » October 15th, 2020, 2:47 pm

I ordered some newly stocked wines from the NY warehouse and it shipped next day and arrived the following day.
P@ik

JBrochu

#278 Post by JBrochu » October 15th, 2020, 3:15 pm

DanielP wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 2:47 pm
I ordered some newly stocked wines from the NY warehouse and it shipped next day and arrived the following day.
Interesting. I just poked around on the site and can't find anything that ships before Wed, 10/21. I looked at wines from Oregon, Napa, and Burgundy. This is the NY warehouse.
J@hn

Mike C.

#279 Post by Mike C. » October 15th, 2020, 3:22 pm

Placed an order 10/1 for delivery 10/6 and just shipped today for delivery 10/16. Not the speediest, but I’m perfectly fine with it given the discounts they offer.
h@0

DanielP
GCC Member
GCC Member

#280 Post by DanielP » October 15th, 2020, 4:11 pm

JBrochu wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 3:15 pm
DanielP wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 2:47 pm
Interesting. I just poked around on the site and can't find anything that ships before Wed, 10/21. I looked at wines from Oregon, Napa, and Burgundy. This is the NY warehouse.
Yeah it did the same for me. Estimated delivery date was Oct 22, but it actually shipped that same day on Oct 12
P@ik

frank n

#281 Post by frank n » October 17th, 2020, 8:14 am

Anyone else are experiencing this issue when they try to click on their pending orders?
Attachments
Capture0.JPG

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#282 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f » October 17th, 2020, 8:26 am

frank n wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 8:14 am
Anyone else are experiencing this issue when they try to click on their pending orders?
Yes. I first noticed it last night, and I'm still seeing it now.

frank n

#283 Post by frank n » October 17th, 2020, 8:34 am

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 8:26 am
frank n wrote:
Yes. I first noticed it last night, and I'm still seeing it now.
sigh..... their website/system is so unstable. :-)

mmarcellus
GCC Member
GCC Member

#284 Post by mmarcellus » October 17th, 2020, 9:19 am

frank n wrote:
Same here. Only happened when I clicked on the order number for my one open order. I went to chat and was only number 12, so waited it out. According to the rep, my (long delayed) order is scheduled to be shipped on Monday and I should see tracking information when it ships. When asked about why I was getting the error, the rep said it could be a "system glitch integration", and to try again in a couple hours. The most optimistic scenario is that once they pulled my order that has been in limbo, it no longer was accessible from the open order screen due to their system issues, and once Fed Ex gets it, all will be well. We'll see.

Based on reports of other orders shipping, it sounds like they are beginning to get a grip on this system disaster, but I'm sure it's going to be a long, slow, painful process for them. Hopefully they've brought in competent people to fix this mess.
M @ r k

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#285 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f » October 19th, 2020, 3:53 pm

And now we've entered put up or shut up time for my orders, and after what initially seemed like a good start, they're stumbling out of the gate. I divided my orders up to ship some this week, some next, and some the week after that.

Today got off to a great start when I got shipping notices for every order I had scheduled to ship today. But now that they have hit the FedEx tracking system, I clicked on the details and judging by the weight of the packages shown there, almost exactly half of my wine is missing.

I have found 5am PDT to be the best time to get customer service in the chat, so I'll be on with them at that time tomorrow to see what they say. Hopefully the answer is that some of the wines are just shipping separately and have all gone out or about to, but I'm not holding my breath.

JBrochu

#286 Post by JBrochu » October 19th, 2020, 5:08 pm

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 3:53 pm
And now we've entered put up or shut up time for my orders, and after what initially seemed like a good start, they're stumbling out of the gate. I divided my orders up to ship some this week, some next, and some the week after that.

Today got off to a great start when I got shipping notices for every order I had scheduled to ship today. But now that they have hit the FedEx tracking system, I clicked on the details and judging by the weight of the packages shown there, almost exactly half of my wine is missing.

I have found 5am PDT to be the best time to get customer service in the chat, so I'll be on with them at that time tomorrow to see what they say. Hopefully the answer is that some of the wines are just shipping separately and have all gone out or about to, but I'm not holding my breath.
Did the billing hit for the full amount of bottles expected?
J@hn

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#287 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f » October 19th, 2020, 5:23 pm

JBrochu wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 5:08 pm

Did the billing hit for the full amount of bottles expected?
I've checked but it hasn't hit yet.

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#288 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f » October 20th, 2020, 5:51 am

Updates -

1) Credit card shows full amount charged, which is correct as long as the orders shipped in full.

2) Chat with agent revealed that some (but not all) of the orders that seemed underweight had more than one tracking number, even though only one tracking number shows on their website. She was able to give me additional tracking numbers. Agent said all of my orders show on her system as being sent in full. The weights still don't add up, but with the additional tracking numbers, it's closer than it used to be. Since they show complete on her screen, we'll wait and see what arrives (scheduled for Friday) and go from there. Hopefully they all arrive in full...

Robert M yers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#289 Post by Robert M yers » October 20th, 2020, 6:55 am

8 orders of PYCM on the way, on schedule ordered earlier in the summer. Charges look correct either just over $100 or $200 so I’m hopeful.

JBrochu

#290 Post by JBrochu » October 20th, 2020, 2:26 pm

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 5:51 am
Updates -

1) Credit card shows full amount charged, which is correct as long as the orders shipped in full.

2) Chat with agent revealed that some (but not all) of the orders that seemed underweight had more than one tracking number, even though only one tracking number shows on their website. She was able to give me additional tracking numbers. Agent said all of my orders show on her system as being sent in full. The weights still don't add up, but with the additional tracking numbers, it's closer than it used to be. Since they show complete on her screen, we'll wait and see what arrives (scheduled for Friday) and go from there. Hopefully they all arrive in full...
Hopefully you receive everything. Now I'm starting to think more of my cancelled orders may have shipped complete if I didn't cancel them, but the inventory system was so screwed up that the CS reps couldn't tell!

They are really starting to get hammered on TrustPilot now with multiple new negative reviews every day, including partial shipments (while charging full price) and shipping tequila instead of wine. I continue to hope they pull out of this and get back to normal, but it's not looking good imo.
J@hn

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#291 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f » October 20th, 2020, 2:33 pm

JBrochu wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 2:26 pm
D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 5:51 am
Updates -

Hopefully you receive everything. Now I'm starting to think more of my cancelled orders may have shipped complete if I didn't cancel them, but the inventory system was so screwed up that the CS reps couldn't tell!

They are really starting to get hammered on TrustPilot now with multiple new negative reviews every day, including partial shipments (while charging full price) and shipping tequila instead of wine. I continue to hope they pull out of this and get back to normal, but it's not looking good imo.
Fingers crossed, and hoping my 11-bottle order doesn't end up arriving as four bottles of Meomi and three bottles of tequila.

JeremyMullman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#292 Post by JeremyMullman » October 20th, 2020, 8:55 pm

Smooth Wine.com order —placed in August, shipped as scheduled- ruined by FedEx, which delivered my wine to ... someplace not my house. Sigh

Chris Crutchfield

#293 Post by Chris Crutchfield » October 20th, 2020, 9:05 pm

Every order I placed in August shipped intact, as well as a dozen or so orders I placed in the past week. Despite all the fails over the past 1-2 months, it seems like they have pulled through.

NY warehouse, FWIW.

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#294 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f » October 21st, 2020, 5:16 am

JeremyMullman wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 8:55 pm
Smooth Wine.com order —placed in August, shipped as scheduled- ruined by FedEx, which delivered my wine to ... someplace not my house. Sigh
Now that just sucks. Ugh.

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#295 Post by Michae1 P0wers » October 21st, 2020, 5:41 am

Chris Crutchfield wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 9:05 pm
Every order I placed in August shipped intact, as well as a dozen or so orders I placed in the past week. Despite all the fails over the past 1-2 months, it seems like they have pulled through.

NY warehouse, FWIW.
Same here except from CA. Two orders still in transit but everything so far has been correct and orders are now going out as scheduled.

Victor Hong

#296 Post by Victor Hong » October 21st, 2020, 5:44 am

Good to hear.
WineHunter.

JeremyMullman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#297 Post by JeremyMullman » October 21st, 2020, 6:51 am

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 5:16 am
JeremyMullman wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 8:55 pm
Now that just sucks. Ugh.
Yeah, seriously irritating. Not a huge shipment -two bottles of Carlisle I grabbed by stacking a few small offers— but still irritating.

joejolesch

#298 Post by joejolesch » October 21st, 2020, 7:23 am

Used every decent coupon and every order shipped correctly. The last just hit today, 9 orders in total from June. None of these were anything particularly special, just a stockpile of ‘18 Geyserville, Bollinger SC, Billecart Rosé, ‘16 Monsanto CCR, and a couple of K Syrahs.

frank n

#299 Post by frank n » October 21st, 2020, 8:45 am

Anyone is having problems with logging into their wine.com account? First i noticed their chat option is not available anymore.

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#300 Post by Michae1 P0wers » October 21st, 2020, 9:07 am

A few days ago it would give me an error message when I clicked on "my orders" or a particular order. Each time simply backing out and clicking again resolved it. Chat feature is still there for me; still annoyingly pops up for "Jeff" to ask me if he can help me find a great wine. I'm good Jeff. I'm good.

Return to “Wine Talk”