wine.com delivery fail

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: wine.com delivery fail

#351 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

Got an e-mail from wine.com today:
You made an order with us several weeks ago that was significantly delayed. We'd like to apologize for that experience and for how long it's taken us to get back to you. We have been working hard to resolve the problems that caused the delay and are back to our normal, prompt service.

As a valued customer we'd like to offer you $50 off your next order to make up for the poor experience. Here is a one-time code that can be redeemed through the end of the year:<code>

We hope you'll give us this opportunity to show you how we've turned things around.

Sincerely,
The Wine.com Team
Of course, they have moved my warehouse from NY to FL and now the selection is significantly worse and there's nothing really that I want at the moment.

Adam G

#352 Post by Adam G »

I'll jump in with my mostly terrible experience of late.

Like many of you, I placed a bunch of orders in June/July for shipping Monday this week, figuring that was safe for Southern California.

Problem #1: One shipment got pulled over Labour Day in their mess of a system "upgrade" that we're all now familiar with. I tried to get in touch with them immediately to hold the shipment (had some Corison that I won't open for at least a decade), and they said they'd make sure it didn't get sent. Too bad t hey were wrong and it sat in hot warehouses/trucks over a long weekend and arrived cooked and leaking. Of course, it's not really about whether they made a mistake but about how they deal with it. They insisted on having me ship it back (seemed dumb given it was spoiled and worthless, but it's their money) and that they'd send a replacement. I insisted that the replacement be sent with my other orders in November and they assured me it would be done.

Problem #2: Same order, a week or two later. No FedEx info or return ship info had come, so I got in touch with them again and tried to sort it out. This time, at least, the FedEx return was processed (although missing the email confirmation I'd been told I'd get). I couldn't see a replacement order in the system, but they assured me it was there.

Problem #3: I also got a notice from them (as many others) that a couple bottles I'd ordered were out of stock. No need to rehash the comments on the stupidity there. I got on the chat yet again to try to resolve it, and they said that although they couldn't substitute the wine I asked for (a tiny "upgrade" in terms of price from the same producer) themselves, they'd get it done via management. I received an email to that effect, but never heard back. Even when emailing back multiple times.

Problem #4: Although everything shipped on the requested date, the two missing bottles didn't show and they charged me some random amount for that order. The CS rep tried to tell me it was just the base price of the bottles plus tax, and I know our sales taxes are high in CA, but they're not 20%, which is what it worked out to. They haven't done anything about that order, so I will likely have to sort it out with the CC company.

Problem #5: No reshipment of my Labour Day snafu order. Except now the wine I ordered was out of stock. I said I wanted a replacement with the next vintage, which they do have in stock. The CS rep eventually said they'd create the order and give me 40% off those and the replacement missing bottles of the other wine from #3 above. Then they asked for my CVV over email and I said "hells no" and so she converted it to a gift card in the amount of 40% off the wines I said I wanted. Finally something fair and reasonable. So I put in the replacement order last night to ship on Monday and we'll see.

So I'm still left with having to likely get at least two charges reversed on my credit card (one from September!) becasue the refunds they said they'd process haven't gone through yet. I'll give it a couple more days before calling the CC company.

Also, their customer service is beyond terrible. Every time I've had to wait in long queues, which isn't the end of the world, except when it kicks you off. What really steamed me was when they'd just summarily "end the chat" and force you back into the queue without even seeing if there was anything else to discuss. I tried to phone them yesterday but after 5 tries where it said I couldn't even wait on hold, I had to resort to the queue. I've had at least 6 or so emails go completely unanswered, even ones where it was part of a longer exchange. The good service I had from the THIRD rep on the chat yesterday gives me some hope. But wow.
A. Gr0ssm@n

Dennis Atick
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#353 Post by Dennis Atick »

Yeah, but How 'bout them coupons?
@decaturwinedude

Arv R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#354 Post by Arv R »

You have the patience of someone who might be enticed into Madiran.
Adam G wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:45 am I'll jump in with my mostly terrible experience of late.

Like many of you, I placed a bunch of orders in June/July for shipping Monday this week, figuring that was safe for Southern California.

Problem #1: One shipment got pulled over Labour Day in their mess of a system "upgrade" that we're all now familiar with. I tried to get in touch with them immediately to hold the shipment (had some Corison that I won't open for at least a decade), and they said they'd make sure it didn't get sent. Too bad t hey were wrong and it sat in hot warehouses/trucks over a long weekend and arrived cooked and leaking. Of course, it's not really about whether they made a mistake but about how they deal with it. They insisted on having me ship it back (seemed dumb given it was spoiled and worthless, but it's their money) and that they'd send a replacement. I insisted that the replacement be sent with my other orders in November and they assured me it would be done.

Problem #2: Same order, a week or two later. No FedEx info or return ship info had come, so I got in touch with them again and tried to sort it out. This time, at least, the FedEx return was processed (although missing the email confirmation I'd been told I'd get). I couldn't see a replacement order in the system, but they assured me it was there.

Problem #3: I also got a notice from them (as many others) that a couple bottles I'd ordered were out of stock. No need to rehash the comments on the stupidity there. I got on the chat yet again to try to resolve it, and they said that although they couldn't substitute the wine I asked for (a tiny "upgrade" in terms of price from the same producer) themselves, they'd get it done via management. I received an email to that effect, but never heard back. Even when emailing back multiple times.

Problem #4: Although everything shipped on the requested date, the two missing bottles didn't show and they charged me some random amount for that order. The CS rep tried to tell me it was just the base price of the bottles plus tax, and I know our sales taxes are high in CA, but they're not 20%, which is what it worked out to. They haven't done anything about that order, so I will likely have to sort it out with the CC company.

Problem #5: No reshipment of my Labour Day snafu order. Except now the wine I ordered was out of stock. I said I wanted a replacement with the next vintage, which they do have in stock. The CS rep eventually said they'd create the order and give me 40% off those and the replacement missing bottles of the other wine from #3 above. Then they asked for my CVV over email and I said "hells no" and so she converted it to a gift card in the amount of 40% off the wines I said I wanted. Finally something fair and reasonable. So I put in the replacement order last night to ship on Monday and we'll see.

So I'm still left with having to likely get at least two charges reversed on my credit card (one from September!) becasue the refunds they said they'd process haven't gone through yet. I'll give it a couple more days before calling the CC company.

Also, their customer service is beyond terrible. Every time I've had to wait in long queues, which isn't the end of the world, except when it kicks you off. What really steamed me was when they'd just summarily "end the chat" and force you back into the queue without even seeing if there was anything else to discuss. I tried to phone them yesterday but after 5 tries where it said I couldn't even wait on hold, I had to resort to the queue. I've had at least 6 or so emails go completely unanswered, even ones where it was part of a longer exchange. The good service I had from the THIRD rep on the chat yesterday gives me some hope. But wow.
R_@_0

cjsadler

#355 Post by cjsadler »

From the shipments I'd ordered over the summer, I'd actually been receiving the correct wines, albeit on random delivery dates (e.g., things that were supposed to ship in Nov shipped in late Sept). The orders that were supposed to ship a couple of weeks ago didn't go out, though, so I gave them a call. They looked in to one of the orders and said that one of the wines wasn't in stock, but the order would ship once it was back in stock (and that the other orders were probably being held for similar reasons of missing a wine or two). Hmmm... This doesn't make any sense. I thought they basically set aside your wines after you ordered. What was stranger, was after closing the chat, I took a look, and for the order they were looking into, *all* of the wines are currently out of stock *except* the one they said is out of stock, which is actually *in* stock (a 2018 Bedrock ovz). Huh?
Chris Sadler

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#356 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f »

Most of the wines I've received on my delayed orders were out of stock on the website long before they shipped to me, and for the most part they all are now in my cellar so I would not interpret "out of stock" on the website (no longer available to be sold) as being the same thing as being "out of stock" in the warehouse (not available to be shipped). But I have no clue why the opposite would happen on the OVZ - why the warehouse would show it as OOS but the website would show it as available, other than nothing should surprise us at this point.

Here's my latest puzzler, and this is on FedEx, not wine.com, but I had a box due to arrive on Friday the 6th. The last "status update" on their tracking website was that it arrived at the local hub at 8:30 that morning and was on a truck for delivery at 9:00 that morning. All day it showed Friday as the expected delivery date, but no delivery. Then the expected delivery date changed to Monday (where it usually rolls to Saturday or Sunday for home delivery when they fall behind) but the tracking status never updated from "out for delivery 9am Friday." No delivery Monday. Then the expected delivery date changed to "Pending" but still no update on the tracking status after "out for delivery 9am Friday." It has been that way ever since, until tonight. Now it shows an expected delivery date of tomorrow with "arrived at local hub 7:55 pm" (tonight the 12th) as the first tracking status after "out for delivery 9am" on Friday the 6th. Anyone have a guess as to where the box actually was between "arrived at local hub" at 8:30 am/"out for delivery" at 9 am on the 6th and "arrived at local hub" at 7:55 pm on the 12th? Inside the distribution center the whole time, buried under other parcels? Riding around on a truck every day for a week? Sitting in a truck in the parking lot for a week, with no one realizing the truck still had package(s) in it? It never showed as "delivered" so I don't think it was, for example, delivered to the wrong person and sat on their porch for a few days before they called and had FedEx pick it back up, but these are crazy times in the package delivery world.

AndrewH

#357 Post by AndrewH »

Dave - Isit possible it's two boxes? I have had weird things like that happen when a shipment contains two boxes but is under the same number.
Andrew H e i m e r t

Joe W i n o g r a d

#358 Post by Joe W i n o g r a d »

I bought some LdH from wine.com in CA in August using 50/150 and Rakuten with delivery scheduled for this week.

Everything arrived looking good and on time via fedex and rakuten granted the rebate immediately on the pre-discount subtotal when I made the request through their website.
DOTY: Ktima Foundi Naoussea

JBrochu

#359 Post by JBrochu »

I'm still mad that I had to cancel 15 orders due to missing stock, and they didn't offer me anything. I've canceled my StewardShip membership that was going to renew in November, and I'm pretty much done with them at least for the near term until I see how things play out over the next 6 months or so.

On the bright side, I found a small local Burgundy/Rhone importer and all that money that was going to be spent at wine.com has been reallocated to my local place.
J@hn

Adam G

#360 Post by Adam G »

Arv R wrote: November 12th, 2020, 3:15 pm You have the patience of someone who might be enticed into Madiran.
Yum....Madiran.
Working from home and in front of a computer all day means sitting on those chats isn't too terribly obnoxious. Just mildly obnoxious.
A. Gr0ssm@n

Joe G a l e w s k i

#361 Post by Joe G a l e w s k i »

Joe G a l e w s k i wrote: October 11th, 2020, 9:58 am I just returned 2 shipments. One was 2 bottles of 2014 Dunn Howell Mountain, the other 1 bottle of 2015 Chateau Monsbousquet. All 3 bottles shipped from California when it was 90F to 100F, all 3 bottles show signs of seepage, with 1 bottle that has a raised cork. I wrote on all 3 bottles that they were shipped in 90F+ weather. I told wine.com I would do that and they were ok with it. Looking at the 2 ruined bottles of Dunn Howell Mountain makes me sad.
A month later and I have not received a refund for these 2 orders that I returned. An email went unanswered, 3 online chats, sometimes waiting for 1+ hour, and the response has been "we're working on it, you'll hear from us" and then I don't hear from them. I've consistently experienced wine.com reps claim they will take care of issues and then nothing happens. If I don't hear anything by the end of day monday, I'll initiate credit card charge backs.

Overall, I got quite a few really good deals, and I'm thankful for those. I do not trust wine.com to ever hold another order to ship on a future date, and I don't plan on re-upping their stewardship program.

I appreciate the posts here, as they show I'm not the only one struggling with wine.com.

Tyler Rico

#362 Post by Tyler Rico »

I had 21 orders placed over the summer all marked with delivery for 12/1. 20 of 21 orders shipped and the one that didn’t was out of stock. CS gave me a $25 credit for the issue and a $50 credit for the promo used on the order so I could pick replacements. I know many have had issues but I’m happy with how my scenario shook out.

I will absolutely continue to be a buyer during the winter when I can ship ASAP, will reevaluate next summer. As of late, with a mix of coupons and delayed shipment credits, I’ve been regularly buying 08 comtes between $110 and $130!

Robert M yers

#363 Post by Robert M yers »

How are you stacking the coupon and the credit? I could only get it to take one when I ordered a Comtes

Jdbramm
GCC Member
GCC Member

#364 Post by Jdbramm »

I was able to do the same with gift card credit and promo codes. No problems entering both in. 08 comtes x 2 for around $130. $110 is impressive.
Jonath@n

Tyler Rico

#365 Post by Tyler Rico »

Exactly, credits for screw ups are issued as gift cards and up to two can be used in a single order, alongside one promo code.

cjsadler

#366 Post by cjsadler »

I live in DC and everything used to ship out of the NY warehouse, but now things are shipping from FL. I’m assuming the much more limited wine inventory available to me lately is due to the switch. If I search “Loire”, there’s only 9 wines available (!). Used to be more like 100.
Chris Sadler

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#367 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

cjsadler wrote: December 1st, 2020, 4:56 pm I live in DC and everything used to ship out of the NY warehouse, but now things are shipping from FL. I’m assuming the much more limited wine inventory available to me lately is due to the switch. If I search “Loire”, there’s only 9 wines available (!). Used to be more like 100.
Yeah, it sucks. The rep I spoke to about this said it's because NY was the epicenter of all the f-ups from a few months back (I'm paraphrasing here), so they are temporarily rerouting the warehouses for certain states away from NY until they can get it back running smoothly again. I was not able to get an ETA for when we will be switched back from the FL warehouse. I also find the selection to be rather dire, comparatively.

Larry Chmel
GCC Member
GCC Member

#368 Post by Larry Chmel »

Larry Chmel wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 6:39 am 3 FedX orders shipped shipped on 10/26 to my local Walgreens. I picked up one but the other 2 were returned to wine.com for some reason. FedX said the shipping address was the same as the shipper address on the paperwork (?). Contacted wine.com - we'll see what happens.
Had 17 individual orders within the 3 FedX orders that got screwed up and sent back to wine.com. They quickly sent new orders and gave me immediate credit card refunds on those that were out of stock. Was disappointed to miss out on the few out of stock bottles but all-in-all was very happy with the customer service and will continue to do business with them (as long as the coupon codes keep coming).

JBrochu

#369 Post by JBrochu »

I gave them a shot on a small order for something I wanted to try but couldn't find anywhere else. Ordered late Monday night, it shipped on Tuesday and was delivered today (Wed.), a day early. NY warehouse. It seems they are finally getting it together again.
J@hn

Tyler Rico

#370 Post by Tyler Rico »

Number of delivery issues this week, today, CA wines showing a ship date of Saturday 12/12.

I placed a number of orders this week and they were all delayed. Chatted with CS reps about each one and netted $110 in account credits, I’ll take delayed orders all day!

David Chow

#371 Post by David Chow »

Tyler Rico wrote: December 10th, 2020, 10:57 am Number of delivery issues this week, today, CA wines showing a ship date of Saturday 12/12.

I placed a number of orders this week and they were all delayed. Chatted with CS reps about each one and netted $110 in account credits, I’ll take delayed orders all day!
How were you able to get the credits? I have some orders delayed this week as well. Two of my orders for 2016 Dunn Howell Mountain (both ordered on Tuesday before noon PST) are still delayed even though they have it in stock. I contacted them twice but they never offered anything nor did I ask. Should I have asked?

Anthony Sanford

#372 Post by Anthony Sanford »

Tyler Rico wrote: December 10th, 2020, 10:57 am Number of delivery issues this week, today, CA wines showing a ship date of Saturday 12/12.

I have an order on the east coast that has been pending all week as well. Not sure why...maybe I should give their CS agent a try.

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#373 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f »

FedEx, FedEx, and FedEx. Those would be my top three guesses.

David Chow

#374 Post by David Chow »

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote: December 11th, 2020, 1:25 pm FedEx, FedEx, and FedEx. Those would be my top three guesses.
I live in San Jose. Prior to this month, I was getting my wines next day if orders were made before noon PST. Now, it's taking three days to get from Berkeley to San Jose...with route to San Leandro (one day) to Tracy (another day) and to San Jose (third day). FedEx is to blame here...the route makes no sense whatsoever when the distance is less than 50 miles.

Sh@n A

#375 Post by Sh@n A »

Received my refund after going through Chat. Using email was not helpful.
/ @ g r @ \

Kevin Porter
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#376 Post by Kevin Porter »

Data point - Ordered case of basic Rieslings on Saturday. Just received delivery of 11. The enclosed order summary shows 0 for quantity for one Clemens Busch. I checked my account and I has been refunded for that bottle. I wish they'd told me as I would have subbed something, but overall a good experience.

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#377 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f »

Kevin Porter wrote: December 15th, 2020, 11:52 am Data point - Ordered case of basic Rieslings on Saturday. Just received delivery of 11. The enclosed order summary shows 0 for quantity for one Clemens Busch. I checked my account and I has been refunded for that bottle. I wish they'd told me as I would have subbed something, but overall a good experience.
I had problems on a few orders (and they've made good on all of them, albeit not without more effort on my part than should have been needed) and they all stemmed from this. Best I can tell:

1) There is a magic time frame between when your order is placed and your order is "in the warehouse" during which it can be changed. I was contacted by them once or twice about orders in this status where it turned out a wine I'd ordered was unavailable. I was able to substitute something else and the revised order went forward.

2) BUT once the order is "in the warehouse," they can't change anything - not the contents, not the delivery address, not the shipping date, nothing. I assume there's an exception for when it's so hot that they put a system-wide shipping hold in place, but I didn't have anything scheduled to ship during a time like that so i can't say for sure. If it reaches this status before they figure out they don't have bottle X, the order will ship without bottle X.

3) Sometimes they will divide an order into two or more shipments. So it could be that if you get an incomplete shipment, there's another box on the way with the rest of your order, and the tracking info linked from the "order status" section of the website won't always show this second shipment.

4) Sometimes they will vintage substitute. They did this once for me and it's unclear whether it was intentional based on running out of the other and assuming I'd want the newer vintage instead of nothing, or accidental.

5) Sometimes, though, neither 3) or 4) applies and they just ship the order without the missing bottles. When they do this, they will only charge you for what they actually sent (they charge your card when they ship, not when the order is placed, so it doesn't involve a refund, just charging you the revised amount). The problem here is that if you used a promo code and the missing bottle takes you under the qualifying purchase amount, they will just charge your card based on the "new" order. Example - you place a $160 order with a 50/150 code, so your confirmation shows you being charged $110. One $20 bottle is out of stock, so they redo the order. Now it totals $140 instead of $160, so it doesn't meet the $150 minimum and the promo code doesn't process. So they charge you $140 instead of the $110 you intended to pay, and ship you one less bottle to boot. What a deal! This happened to me a couple of times on orders I placed during the summer with shipping delayed to what turned out to be the height of the "system upgrade" fiasco, and these were the issues it took the most effort to resolve, but they ended up taking care of me. I haven't had this issue at all on any orders placed since they got over the hump on the upgrade.

YMMV, but this is what I've observed.

David Chow

#378 Post by David Chow »

Whatever system they've upgraded to, it's not working. In addition to delay shipment that shared here, they just delivered me an extra 2018 Chateau Beau-Sejour Becot. Originally I ordered 2 bottles separately using the $20 off $50 last week, which were received. Surprisingly, another one just showed up on my door step. Checked my card, and there was no charge for this 3rd bottle.

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#379 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

Yeah, I recently got a free bottle of Duckhorn and some other CA cab that I probably will try to give away, just sitting at the bottom of the box underneath the rest of my order. I feel bad for the person who didn't get the bottles they ordered. Maybe the FL warehouse is about to melt down like NY did.

JBrochu

#380 Post by JBrochu »

Since I had a successful recent test order, I thought I might use a few of the $50 off coupons for some daily drinkers. But the NY warehouse seems to be mostly barren. Not a single Cru Beaujolais, only two Loire Cab Franc (and both over $199/btl), and a very small number of Oregon Pinots. Seems like a good bit of their stock is high end stuff that's only in stock because it doesn't move fast at their prices, even with a coupon.

Are all the warehouses this bad off? If so, it seems like a very bad sign.
J@hn

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#381 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

CA seems to be considerably better. FL is also a barren wasteland. I expect that we will need to wait until the new year before they start to restock their east coast warehouses.

Dennis Atick
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#382 Post by Dennis Atick »

JBrochu wrote: December 29th, 2020, 5:17 pm Since I had a successful recent test order, I thought I might use a few of the $50 off coupons for some daily drinkers. But the NY warehouse seems to be mostly barren. Not a single Cru Beaujolais, only two Loire Cab Franc (and both over $199/btl), and a very small number of Oregon Pinots. Seems like a good bit of their stock is high end stuff that's only in stock because it doesn't move fast at their prices, even with a coupon.

Same here, from what I assume is the FL warehouse. Two (yes, 2) German wines in stock and similar barren sections of Loire and Bojo. Some other areas more well represented, but mostly with wines that won't move and a lot of $300 and $400 wines with prices that aren't too attractive anyway.
@decaturwinedude

mmarcellus
GCC Member
GCC Member

#383 Post by mmarcellus »

JBrochu wrote: December 29th, 2020, 5:17 pm Since I had a successful recent test order, I thought I might use a few of the $50 off coupons for some daily drinkers. But the NY warehouse seems to be mostly barren. Not a single Cru Beaujolais, only two Loire Cab Franc (and both over $199/btl), and a very small number of Oregon Pinots. Seems like a good bit of their stock is high end stuff that's only in stock because it doesn't move fast at their prices, even with a coupon.

The second half of December hasn't seen much new coming in for NY. That could well be because they were focused on the outbound holiday crunch. I'm hoping that things will pick up in January as distributors start looking to clear some inventory. Till then, if coupons are burning a hole in your pocket there's still plenty of what I would call daily drinkers that are worth the price once you add in the coupon. Off the top of my head, there are a few beaujolais, both Cru and non-cru, that are perfectly fine, some good basic Italian reds, and some quality Portuguese. If all else fails, check on the spirits where there are scattered cognac, armagnac, whisky, and whiskey options that are worth the trouble.

I've put through some orders with the latest coupons, and (knocking on wood) no shipping problems so far.
M @ r k

DanielP
GCC Member
GCC Member

#384 Post by DanielP »

Either you're mistaken, or your state just doesn't have access to the full NY warehouse the latter of which is most likely. NY state has Dutraive, Breton, Lapalu, Thevenet, JP Brun, among other bojo producers. NY also has Dunn Howell Mountain, Produttori normale and riservas, prum, donnhoff, schloss lieser, and others at discountable prices.
P@ik

JBrochu

#385 Post by JBrochu »

DanielP wrote: December 29th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Either you're mistaken, or your state just doesn't have access to the full NY warehouse the latter of which is most likely. NY state has Dutraive, Breton, Lapalu, Thevenet, JP Brun, among other bojo producers. NY also has Dunn Howell Mountain, Produttori normale and riservas, prum, donnhoff, schloss lieser, and others at discountable prices.
Weird. Only two bojo for me and no cru. Even if I search for all Gamay wines across all regions, I only get two results and both are the same two bojo villages returned in the bojo search.

Edit: If I change my delivery state to NY, I get a lot more choices. Do they have more than one NY warehouse and only one of them delivers to NH?
J@hn

JBrochu

#386 Post by JBrochu »

DanielP wrote: December 29th, 2020, 5:50 pm NY also has Dunn Howell Mountain
Thanks for mentioning the Dunn. Not a daily drinker, and I don't purchase many cabs, but this was available and I've wanted to try it so I grabbed 2 bottles at $109 each after applying the coupons. I'll have to lose them in the cellar for a long time but that's ok.

champagne.gif
Last edited by JBrochu on December 29th, 2020, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J@hn

JBrochu

#387 Post by JBrochu »

Dennis Atick wrote: December 29th, 2020, 5:40 pm

Same here, from what I assume is the FL warehouse. Two (yes, 2) German wines in stock and similar barren sections of Loire and Bojo. Some other areas more well represented, but mostly with wines that won't move and a lot of $300 and $400 wines with prices that aren't too attractive anyway.
I wonder if I'm getting served from FL right now for some reason? I also only see 2 German wines and we have the same barren Loire and Bojo in common also. Maybe they switched me from NY for now because of all the issues?
J@hn

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#388 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

JBrochu wrote: December 29th, 2020, 7:02 pm I wonder if I'm getting served from FL right now for some reason? I also only see 2 German wines and we have the same barren Loire and Bojo in common also. Maybe they switched me from NY for now because of all the issues?
Only NY State residents get the NY warehouse ever since their meltdown earlier this year. Even though you're in NH, your warehouse is in FL. I see the same inventory as you.

JBrochu

#389 Post by JBrochu »

Chris Crutchfield wrote: December 29th, 2020, 7:12 pm
JBrochu wrote: December 29th, 2020, 7:02 pm I wonder if I'm getting served from FL right now for some reason? I also only see 2 German wines and we have the same barren Loire and Bojo in common also. Maybe they switched me from NY for now because of all the issues?
Only NY State residents get the NY warehouse ever since their meltdown earlier this year. Even though you're in NH, your warehouse is in FL. I see the same inventory as you.
Ok, thanks. I've only placed one order since the meltdown, and it came in two days, so I assumed I was still getting my orders from NY where they almost always came really quick in the past.
J@hn

Erich Sachse
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#390 Post by Erich Sachse »

At least in PA, all of mine come from NY and inventory also seems the same/similar...

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#391 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

Erich Sachse wrote: December 29th, 2020, 7:35 pm At least in PA, all of mine come from NY and inventory also seems the same/similar...
OK, I wasn't aware that folks outside of NY were getting NY inventory. I'm next door in MD and all my orders ship from FL. I also only see 2 German wines like the JBrochu from NH.

JBrochu

#392 Post by JBrochu »

Chris Crutchfield wrote: December 29th, 2020, 8:20 pm
Erich Sachse wrote: December 29th, 2020, 7:35 pm At least in PA, all of mine come from NY and inventory also seems the same/similar...
OK, I wasn't aware that folks outside of NY were getting NY inventory. I'm next door in MD and all my orders ship from FL. I also only see 2 German wines like the JBrochu from NH.
I just checked and my test order from earlier this month shipped from NY. But they definitely have switched me to the FL warehouse now.
J@hn

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#393 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

All mine have been coming from FL dating back to at least October 27. Prior to that they would ship from NY.

Arv R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#394 Post by Arv R »

I had 5 orders shipped to Vermont that came from the NY warehouse last month. On top of it, they were crazy fast deliveries too, even early.

I'm not sure that one can make reliable generalizations about what is going on with their shipping situation.

But to be fair, I've been in a couple grocery stores as well as a Costco in the last few days, and pretty much all of them have very picked over wine sections, with lots of empty bins, and stockouts.
R_@_0

Tom Lee

#395 Post by Tom Lee »

No delivery issues whatsoever from Wine.com in the last two years. champagne.gif

Tom
Twitter: @NWTomLee

JBrochu

#396 Post by JBrochu »

JBrochu wrote: December 29th, 2020, 6:53 pm
DanielP wrote: December 29th, 2020, 5:50 pm NY also has Dunn Howell Mountain
Thanks for mentioning the Dunn. Not a daily drinker, and I don't purchase many cabs, but this was available and I've wanted to try it so I grabbed 2 bottles at $109 each after applying the coupons. I'll have to lose them in the cellar for a long time but that's ok.

champagne.gif
Shipped and delivered on schedule and correct bottles arrived.
J@hn

Antonio_G
GCC Member
GCC Member

#397 Post by Antonio_G »

Here is one that blew me away. Through a $50 off $150 bought a bottle of 2016 Leoville Barton along with a bottle of Carpano Antica Vermouth. In a box of two, the vermouth showed up but a bottle of Monterrey Chardonney arrived in the place of the LB!
A_Guti errez

JonathanG
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#398 Post by JonathanG »

Tom Lee wrote: December 30th, 2020, 5:38 pm No delivery issues whatsoever from Wine.com in the last two years. champagne.gif

Tom
Same here.
J0|\|@+h@|\| Gr@h/\/\/-\|\||\|

Jidhin R.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#399 Post by Jidhin R. »

My random charge of $30 has almost been solved but I've essentially given up with this company [head-bang.gif]
Wine.com does their system reconfig which causes my Futures order to be refunded and then recharged which caused our Amex $30 offer to cancel out and then charge us back $30. Multiple conversations and confirmations that I'd receive a call from their finance department to help me solve it are never followed through. Call Amex and tells me that's what happened regarding the $30 charge but can't fix it. Then get an email from wine.com saying they have to really cancel my order in early Nov due to lack of inventory (Ducru '18). Refunds GC used for partial payment but doesn't refund the cc for remainder, multiple emails trying to make sure I get the refund result in it's been sent to management to approve the refund(why if you're cancelling the order and not me?). This weekend finally get a refund to the card but it's short $13 and change... This has been really annoying. I've had a few good purchases without issue and good discounts but this has been a real failure. Like others have said, probably will not purchase again if stock isn't ready for shipment ASAP, and probably not again after I use this last GC. pileon
Blips and Chitz!!!

Ramankutty

cjsadler

#400 Post by cjsadler »

Seems like they might be having more system issues. Deliveries had been going smoothly as of late (though alternating between shipping out of NY and FL for some reason-- I'm in DC), but now orders that were supposed to have shipped are tagged "shipment delayed". Hmmm...

Edit: After a queue, I did get through to customer service. They said a new "system upgrade" is happening. Lol-- here we go again.
Chris Sadler

Return to “Wine Talk”