Just out: the stunning Bollinger VZ15

Although this was part of a wondrous evening with many more wines, it merits a separate thread IMHO:

I had stopped in to my fav local wine shop and discovered the newly arrived Bollinger PN VZ15 and just had to get a bottle for our dinner group outing that night.

This is a new product for Bollinger, the first new cuvee since the 2008 Rose. It is made with 100% Pinot Noir fruit with 50% coming from Verzenay in 2015; thus, the PN VZ15. It also includes 20% reserve wines that were aged in magnums that go back to 2009 with fruit sourced from Boozy and Tauxieres. It was disgorged in November of 2019 at 7 gpl.

BOLLINGER PN VZ15- it took 3 sips and about 10 minutes for this to really open up and shine; once fully expressed, it gave so generously of nice red cherry/ berry fruit with underlying notes of stone fruit and brioche; it was super rich and full bodied with an amazing creamy mouthfeel; within 20-30 minutes, it was full blown and happy to be out of the bottle and enjoyed which was so easy to do; I made a note to call my guy and get a bunch more the next day.

As if one really good bottle was not enough, another member of our group had done the exact same thing and picked up a bottle and so we did what is only the sensible thing to do, we drank it too under the guise of checking out bottle variation. There was none. And just like the first bottle, it took some time for it to open up and give up its treasures.

Cheers,
Blake
5B742B59-73AA-476E-BDAB-E65B3B9AF850_1_201_a.jpeg

Yep. I love Bollinger. I haven’t seen this offered in the US yet. Will certainly buy some.

Appreciate the note as I bought a fair bit of this in bottles and mags.

Picked up a couple