TN: 2019 Wittmann "100 Hügel" Rheinhessen

By coincidence I came across this Riesling at my organic shop yesterday. All the journalists highly praised the 2019 Wittmann GGs at the GG-Pre-Tasting in Wiesbaden at the end of august, so I gave it a try.

2019 Wittmann “100 Hügel” Rheinhessen

Basic wines are always a good indicator for the quality of a vintage and this Riesling confirms it. Here we have a kind of Estate Riesling which shows a solid good quality with a charming fruit, refreshing good integrated ripe acidity and the vintage signature BALANCE. This dry Riesling confirms my highly positive view regarding the vintage 2019. Available for under 10 Euro in Germany.

A recommendable Riesling for daily business, serving by glass in a restaurant and for people with a small wallet.

I will taste around 20-30 GGs of the vintage 2019 next week in a private session. Stay tuned…

IMG_3248.jpg
Cheers,
Martin

“this is a wine that Philipp makes from purchased grapes grown organically by friends of his. There is a separate estate Riesling trocken (Gutswein) under the Wittmann label – like all the other wines at the estate, that one is from wines under organic and biodynamic cultivation.”

Claude Kolm

Martin, excited to hear your thoughts on the GG’s.

Adam,

I can’t go into details, but you will be very curious&excited about my impressions regarding several wines. :wink:

More on Tuesday,
Martin

Great. Look forward to it. Thx.