CHEV Wines - Michael Browne Pinot

First offer is out next week. Anyone tasted these? Are they in the style of the old KB? Just passed on Cirq due to price even though I’m a fan

I’m curious too . . . paucity of information. Did find this - $80 RRV Pinot Noir and $80 RRV Chardonnay.

At a slightly lower price point, I’d probably bite to try a few. But at $80, and figuring it will go up from there, I’m not sure discovering that I like it would end up doing me much good.

Probably buy a couple and see

Same here. Worth a try.

Have been on the Browne bandwagon for a number of years now - guy seems to know his way around Pinots. Will probably try a few for that price point since I’m done buying Kostas.

$80 for an appellation wine? Easy pass.

I did not taste the wines but FMIII and I were up at Michael’s winery right after he had purchased it. He talked about the CHEV project and IIRC it was similar to what other wineries are doing. Taking the best of the best and bottling it under the premier label and then “declassifying” the rest under a second label. Think CIRQ->CHEV and Rhys-Alesia

So if you like the CIRQ/KB style then there’s probably a great chance the CHEV will be right in the wheelhouse.

Thanks Brig:

$80 for an 'declassified" appellation wine? Easy pass.

Fixed it. [wink.gif]

But it’s Cirq for half price! [wow.gif]

Cirq SVD before the price increases ? Yes
Cirq SVD after the price increases? No thanks .
Cirq and Chevy blends these days . No thanks .

“Chevy” lol. I love when people accidentally or purposely do this! I’ve been saying that each time the emails came through. Chevy? Chevy Chase? CHIVE? Che? If someone wants to buy one for $80 then re-sell it to me for $50 I’m a buyer to take a flier on it. LMK.

Bought 2 hope it’s in the original KB style

CHEV is short for Chevy - Michael couldn’t use it, obviously. I can’t remember the story completely but he’s a car buff.

I bought a few pinot. $80 plus tax and shipping for a chard is an easy pass.

I do realize that. Thank you.

I got an offer, but only for the pinot, so I threw a hissy fit and didn’t click any further.

Same here!

You can have some of my offer if you like.

+1. I don’t plan to order chardonnays (was allocated* 2).

*Is it really an allocation if it’s not guaranteed?