Winery Visits Near Bedrock?

Having recently moved to the Bay Area, I’m finally going to make it to Bedrock for a tasting on the 17th of September. I’d like to try and schedule one more tasting that day for somewhere not too far away. Joseph Swan is at the top of my list, but a bit too far I think. I’d rather do a seperate day trip to cover that whole area. Anyone in particular I should try to schedule near downtown Sonoma? I reached out to Bucklin, but they couldn’t accommodate me that day. I’m a fan of folks making wines on the restrained side of California winemaking, but they don’t need to fight what the climate is giving them. I also like producers who are seeking out old vines. I don’t know if that provides any help! I know it’s a tricky time given COVID and harvest, so many smaller places may be unable to take visitors.

I might wait a bit until folks get through the damage of fires and the craziness of harvest . . .

That said, I’m sure you’ll get lots of recommendations. Cheers.

Jean Edwards is right around the corner, and Three Sticks is on the other side of the square and worth a visit. I also really enjoyed a stop at Bump Cellars.

Sojourn is on the Square in town. Well, a block or 2 away.

Sojourn and Auteur are great visits right off Sonoma Square. And Jean Edwards, too.

Agreed with what Larry said, but if they taking visitors then go ahead.

I would recommend Hanzell. Old vines and restraint imo.

Hanzell is a good call. Sojourn not restrained so while good may not be your style

How about Enkidu?

Some good suggestions already mentioned - Three Sticks and Auteur are two favorites. I would also suggest Jeff Cohn Cellars if you like syrah. Enkidu no longer has a tasting room at the Plaza. A few minutes away is Patz & Hall and they are pouring some really good SVD pinots (and have a large patio for tastings).

Thanks for the mentions everyone - if anyone wants to visit please DM me - due to Covid operating restrictions, along with poor air quality from the fires, we are not always open (Sonoma is still limited to outside tastings only).

Karen

They’re over in the wine ghetto on 8th St East now. They left the square about 2-3 years ago.

DEF visit Karen!!

Another vote for Sojourn. Excellent wine and complementary to Bedrock - mostly Pinots, but some high-end Cabs (plus Chardonnay). They also do a good seated tasting. Reservation only.

Wanted to share some news with you all as John and I take our next step in our wine journey. We are moving our tasting room from the Sonoma Plaza this fall to a brand new space in Napa.

Sonoma has been a great location but our roots are in Napa and our dream has always been to have our own space there. We’ll be building out the space over the next couple of months - still pouring at the Sonoma space on weekends in September (not sure yet in October/November we will be breaking down the space and transitioning).

Our new tasting room will be located on Atlas Peak Road (next to Del Dotto winery and close to Silverado Country Club). We’ll have a much larger footprint and covered outside space also plus the new space gives us a lot more flexibility on the tasting experiences we can offer - something we could never do in Sonoma.

Cheers - Karen

Very cool! Congrats.

Thanks Brian - we’ll let you know when we have the grand opening. [cheers.gif]