Fires-Oregon

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
Glenn L e v i n e
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 19739
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 6:16 pm
Location: Coos Bay, OR

Re: Fires-Oregon

#101 Post by Glenn L e v i n e » September 12th, 2020, 11:24 am

8D54C03D-7C72-4298-A3BC-5E89932DB9E8.jpeg
"Never lose sight of the fact that it is just fermented grape juice" - a winemaker and negotiant in Napa Valley, CA

User avatar
Marshall Manning
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 571
Joined: January 31st, 2009, 1:16 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Fires-Oregon

#102 Post by Marshall Manning » September 12th, 2020, 11:29 am

emile bond wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 9:58 am
Is New Sammy’s Cowboy Bistro still standing in Talent? Fondly recalling impeccably cellared Egly Ouriet Coteaux Champenois Ambonnay Rouge 1996, Chave Hermitage Rouge 1989, & Le Gallais Wiltinger braune Kupp Auslese 1988 for a grand total of less than $500 on last visit. At least part of the cellar was under ground in old mining shafts, if memory serves. Heart goes out to those in Talent and surrounding areas.
I was wondering the same thing. Haven't been for years, but always loved that place.
Marshall

Mark Stevens
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 115
Joined: October 25th, 2010, 7:15 pm
Location: 45th parallel

Re: Fires-Oregon

#103 Post by Mark Stevens » September 12th, 2020, 11:35 am

emile bond wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 9:58 am
Is New Sammy’s Cowboy Bistro still standing in Talent? Fondly recalling impeccably cellared Egly Ouriet Coteaux Champenois Ambonnay Rouge 1996, Chave Hermitage Rouge 1989, & Le Gallais Wiltinger braune Kupp Auslese 1988 for a grand total of less than $500 on last visit. At least part of the cellar was under ground in old mining shafts, if memory serves. Heart goes out to those in Talent and surrounding areas.
Apparently New Sammy’s has sustained significant damage in the fire. There is a go fund me campaign set up for Charlene and Vernon toward their rebuilding efforts.

emile bond
Posts: 93
Joined: March 20th, 2016, 10:16 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fires-Oregon

#104 Post by emile bond » September 12th, 2020, 11:40 am

Mark Stevens wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 11:35 am
emile bond wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 9:58 am
Is New Sammy’s Cowboy Bistro still standing in Talent? Fondly recalling impeccably cellared Egly Ouriet Coteaux Champenois Ambonnay Rouge 1996, Chave Hermitage Rouge 1989, & Le Gallais Wiltinger braune Kupp Auslese 1988 for a grand total of less than $500 on last visit. At least part of the cellar was under ground in old mining shafts, if memory serves. Heart goes out to those in Talent and surrounding areas.
Apparently New Sammy’s has sustained significant damage in the fire. There is a go fund me campaign set up for Charlene and Vernon toward their rebuilding efforts.
Thank you for your response. I was afraid this would be the case.

User avatar
Chuck Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2300
Joined: June 1st, 2009, 7:58 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Fires-Oregon

#105 Post by Chuck Miller » September 12th, 2020, 11:59 am

emile bond wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 9:58 am
Is New Sammy’s Cowboy Bistro still standing in Talent? Fondly recalling impeccably cellared Egly Ouriet Coteaux Champenois Ambonnay Rouge 1996, Chave Hermitage Rouge 1989, & Le Gallais Wiltinger braune Kupp Auslese 1988 for a grand total of less than $500 on last visit. At least part of the cellar was under ground in old mining shafts, if memory serves. Heart goes out to those in Talent and surrounding areas.
I have been trying to find out as well, haven’t heard anything either way. They have been open for take out lunch and dinner since the pandemic hit. I’ve been a number of times, including my last dine-in meal back in early March. Food was wonderful as usual, but they no longer have a wine cellar of note. Vernon recommended a current vintage village burgundy, which I went with and it was a nice wine, but all of his older and more valuable/interesting wines have been sold at auction. They’ve been trying to sell the restaurant for years and retire, to no avail.
Chuck Miller

emile bond
Posts: 93
Joined: March 20th, 2016, 10:16 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fires-Oregon

#106 Post by emile bond » September 12th, 2020, 12:21 pm

Chuck Miller wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 11:59 am
emile bond wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 9:58 am
Is New Sammy’s Cowboy Bistro still standing in Talent? Fondly recalling impeccably cellared Egly Ouriet Coteaux Champenois Ambonnay Rouge 1996, Chave Hermitage Rouge 1989, & Le Gallais Wiltinger braune Kupp Auslese 1988 for a grand total of less than $500 on last visit. At least part of the cellar was under ground in old mining shafts, if memory serves. Heart goes out to those in Talent and surrounding areas.
I have been trying to find out as well, haven’t heard anything either way. They have been open for take out lunch and dinner since the pandemic hit. I’ve been a number of times, including my last dine-in meal back in early March. Food was wonderful as usual, but they no longer have a wine cellar of note. Vernon recommended a current vintage village burgundy, which I went with and it was a nice wine, but all of his older and more valuable/interesting wines have been sold at auction. They’ve been trying to sell the restaurant for years and retire, to no avail.
Thanks for the update. Our last visit was January 2015, and I regret not visiting again during 2015 as there were still some non-Burgundy gems available. Vernon told us he sold the majority, or all, of the Burgundy to a younger, “Bay Area collector” in one transaction. The sale enabled them to be debt free, or virtually debt free, so Vernon claimed. So, even though during January 2015 many, many Burgundy gems were still listed on wine list, they were no longer available. Chave Hermitage Rouge ‘89 and ‘90 were still available at that time for less than 50% of what wines were listed for on other wine lists in USA. There were still some older German and Loire wines available for close to nothing. The Egly Ouriet Coteaux Champenois Ambonnay Rouge 1996 I mentioned previously was absolutely gorgeous, and I recall Bollinger Bollinger Coteaux Champenois La Cote Aux Enfants from the late ‘90s, or 2000, still being available. Most of the older Italian wines were gone by then. Gone are the days. So unfortunate for them and their neighbors.

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5553
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 9:02 am

Re: Fires-Oregon

#107 Post by Siun o'Connell » September 12th, 2020, 1:37 pm

Glenn L e v i n e wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 11:24 am
8D54C03D-7C72-4298-A3BC-5E89932DB9E8.jpeg
Wait .... all this and you have to run up three flights?

Smh

User avatar
jrozes
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 118
Joined: February 27th, 2014, 9:12 am
Location: Oregon

Re: Fires-Oregon

#108 Post by jrozes » September 12th, 2020, 1:46 pm

emile bond wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 9:58 am
Is New Sammy’s Cowboy Bistro still standing in Talent? Fondly recalling impeccably cellared Egly Ouriet Coteaux Champenois Ambonnay Rouge 1996, Chave Hermitage Rouge 1989, & Le Gallais Wiltinger braune Kupp Auslese 1988 for a grand total of less than $500 on last visit. At least part of the cellar was under ground in old mining shafts, if memory serves. Heart goes out to those in Talent and surrounding areas.
Sadly, it is not. There's a fundraiser for the proprietors:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/qx689r-new-s ... iUnhrojyyo
Jonathan

Lee Short
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1422
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 7:33 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Fires-Oregon

#109 Post by Lee Short » September 12th, 2020, 2:08 pm

Brady Daniels wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 11:57 pm
Lee Short wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 7:34 pm
It's really smoky today here in Portland.

I've got an older house for Portland (1912), built long before Tyvek and never resealed. The whole house smells of smoke. I'm wearing a face mask in my office.
Yeah, super smoky today. The wind stopped allowing the smoke to descend. We are lucky our house is younger. But the smoke sure helped us find the windows we left open a crack!

Be well, Lee!
Thanks for the kind words, Brady. We here in the city just have to hold out until Tuesday, I think. But the folks in outlying areas have a long tough road ahead. And the forests will likely never be the same in my lifetime.

patrick c albright
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 667
Joined: July 26th, 2009, 9:53 am
Location: bend/napa

Re: Fires-Oregon

#110 Post by patrick c albright » September 12th, 2020, 2:44 pm

emile bond wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 12:21 pm
Chuck Miller wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 11:59 am
emile bond wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 9:58 am
Is New Sammy’s Cowboy Bistro still standing in Talent? Fondly recalling impeccably cellared Egly Ouriet Coteaux Champenois Ambonnay Rouge 1996, Chave Hermitage Rouge 1989, & Le Gallais Wiltinger braune Kupp Auslese 1988 for a grand total of less than $500 on last visit. At least part of the cellar was under ground in old mining shafts, if memory serves. Heart goes out to those in Talent and surrounding areas.
I have been trying to find out as well, haven’t heard anything either way. They have been open for take out lunch and dinner since the pandemic hit. I’ve been a number of times, including my last dine-in meal back in early March. Food was wonderful as usual, but they no longer have a wine cellar of note. Vernon recommended a current vintage village burgundy, which I went with and it was a nice wine, but all of his older and more valuable/interesting wines have been sold at auction. They’ve been trying to sell the restaurant for years and retire, to no avail.
Thanks for the update. Our last visit was January 2015, and I regret not visiting again during 2015 as there were still some non-Burgundy gems available. Vernon told us he sold the majority, or all, of the Burgundy to a younger, “Bay Area collector” in one transaction. The sale enabled them to be debt free, or virtually debt free, so Vernon claimed. So, even though during January 2015 many, many Burgundy gems were still listed on wine list, they were no longer available. Chave Hermitage Rouge ‘89 and ‘90 were still available at that time for less than 50% of what wines were listed for on other wine lists in USA. There were still some older German and Loire wines available for close to nothing. The Egly Ouriet Coteaux Champenois Ambonnay Rouge 1996 I mentioned previously was absolutely gorgeous, and I recall Bollinger Bollinger Coteaux Champenois La Cote Aux Enfants from the late ‘90s, or 2000, still being available. Most of the older Italian wines were gone by then. Gone are the days. So unfortunate for them and their neighbors.

Interesting spot and sad to hear.

We had a few good wines there in 2008 and 2011: 1988 H. Jayer Cros Parantoux and multiple bottles of late 80’s/early ‘90’s Rousseau Chambertin being the highlights.

I have driven down OR22 and OR126 countless times.
Such a beautiful drive as you follow the Santiam and McKenzie rivers.
Heartbreaking to see the destruction.
ITB

emile bond
Posts: 93
Joined: March 20th, 2016, 10:16 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fires-Oregon

#111 Post by emile bond » September 12th, 2020, 8:59 pm

patrick c albright wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 2:44 pm
emile bond wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 12:21 pm
Chuck Miller wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 11:59 am


I have been trying to find out as well, haven’t heard anything either way. They have been open for take out lunch and dinner since the pandemic hit. I’ve been a number of times, including my last dine-in meal back in early March. Food was wonderful as usual, but they no longer have a wine cellar of note. Vernon recommended a current vintage village burgundy, which I went with and it was a nice wine, but all of his older and more valuable/interesting wines have been sold at auction. They’ve been trying to sell the restaurant for years and retire, to no avail.
Thanks for the update. Our last visit was January 2015, and I regret not visiting again during 2015 as there were still some non-Burgundy gems available. Vernon told us he sold the majority, or all, of the Burgundy to a younger, “Bay Area collector” in one transaction. The sale enabled them to be debt free, or virtually debt free, so Vernon claimed. So, even though during January 2015 many, many Burgundy gems were still listed on wine list, they were no longer available. Chave Hermitage Rouge ‘89 and ‘90 were still available at that time for less than 50% of what wines were listed for on other wine lists in USA. There were still some older German and Loire wines available for close to nothing. The Egly Ouriet Coteaux Champenois Ambonnay Rouge 1996 I mentioned previously was absolutely gorgeous, and I recall Bollinger Bollinger Coteaux Champenois La Cote Aux Enfants from the late ‘90s, or 2000, still being available. Most of the older Italian wines were gone by then. Gone are the days. So unfortunate for them and their neighbors.

Interesting spot and sad to hear.

We had a few good wines there in 2008 and 2011: 1988 H. Jayer Cros Parantoux and multiple bottles of late 80’s/early ‘90’s Rousseau Chambertin being the highlights.

I have driven down OR22 and OR126 countless times.
Such a beautiful drive as you follow the Santiam and McKenzie rivers.
Heartbreaking to see the destruction.
From the bathroom of New Sammy’s Cowboy Bistro:

“Les affaires sont les affaires”
Attachments
E1F05551-FE83-44DC-8916-D82AA169D722.jpeg

User avatar
jrozes
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 118
Joined: February 27th, 2014, 9:12 am
Location: Oregon

Re: Fires-Oregon

#112 Post by jrozes » September 13th, 2020, 6:20 pm

All evacuations around the Chehalem Mountain / Bald Peak fire have been lifted and efforts have shifted to mopping up. Evacuations alerts surrounding the Riverside fire have been pulled back, though current evacuations remain in place. It's significantly cooler with moist marine air coming inland. Weather guy is predicting that the worst of the smoke will start clearing out of the Portland area tomorrow.
Jonathan

User avatar
brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 15533
Joined: April 7th, 2010, 12:17 pm
Location: Mission Viejo, CA

Re: Fires-Oregon

#113 Post by brigcampbell » September 14th, 2020, 9:19 am

jrozes wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 6:20 pm
All evacuations around the Chehalem Mountain / Bald Peak fire have been lifted and efforts have shifted to mopping up. Evacuations alerts surrounding the Riverside fire have been pulled back, though current evacuations remain in place. It's significantly cooler with moist marine air coming inland. Weather guy is predicting that the worst of the smoke will start clearing out of the Portland area tomorrow.
My sister is at the coast and said there is heavy fog and actual rain starting to fall.

Help is on the way.

User avatar
jrozes
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 118
Joined: February 27th, 2014, 9:12 am
Location: Oregon

Re: Fires-Oregon

#114 Post by jrozes » September 14th, 2020, 3:16 pm

Unfortunately, the weather models got the smoke predictions wrong, failing to account for the inversion that's trapping cool air and smoke at low elevations. Looks like we're going to be in this soup a bit longer. Some details here:

https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2020/09/ ... ality.html
Jonathan

User avatar
Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4588
Joined: June 7th, 2009, 10:13 am
Location: McMinnville, OR

Re: Fires-Oregon

#115 Post by Rick Allen » September 14th, 2020, 3:18 pm

I drove from McMinnville to Newberg/St Paul and back this afternoon. The smoke /hazy got worse and worse as we drove east. McMinnville is far from clear, but toward PDX is quite a bit worse.

CalebJoseph
Posts: 11
Joined: December 19th, 2018, 1:33 am

Re: Fires-Oregon

#116 Post by CalebJoseph » September 14th, 2020, 3:55 pm

Still awfully smokey here in Eugene. Hopefully by the weekend things will start clearing up. Feel awful for the communities East of here, I've spent many years camping and swimming in those woods. Blue River has been considered a total loss. Really tragic. Hopefully everyone stays safe out there.

User avatar
Glenn L e v i n e
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 19739
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 6:16 pm
Location: Coos Bay, OR

Re: Fires-Oregon

#117 Post by Glenn L e v i n e » September 14th, 2020, 8:44 pm

I left Stayton about 11 AM and drove straight to Waldport. Could not open windows until I was within 25M of The Pacific.

Beautiful in Charleston.
Last edited by Glenn L e v i n e on September 15th, 2020, 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never lose sight of the fact that it is just fermented grape juice" - a winemaker and negotiant in Napa Valley, CA

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5553
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 9:02 am

Re: Fires-Oregon

#118 Post by Siun o'Connell » September 14th, 2020, 9:51 pm

Phew - glad you are home Doc!

User avatar
Richard T r i m p i
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 15411
Joined: September 11th, 2009, 1:29 pm
Location: Within walking distance of William Penn's Walking Purchase

Re: Fires-Oregon

#119 Post by Richard T r i m p i » September 15th, 2020, 7:06 am

A few days ago it looked like light rain Mon-Tues and favorable winds to clear the smoke. Sadly, that doesn't seem to have happened yet in the Willamette. Rain now forecasted Thursday with a chance of blue skies and much cleaner air over the weekend.

Lots of news stories about Estacada of late. I cycled through there years ago. Nice area...or was.

RT

John Peacock
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 482
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:08 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Fires-Oregon

#120 Post by John Peacock » September 15th, 2020, 8:08 am

Winds are above 5,000 ft. Smoke has created an inversion and keeping surface level temps low, where it is in the 50s in Portland and 70s on Mt Hood. This is keeping the smoke at ground level and messing with all the forecasting models. It feels like the dreary days of winter around Portland right now.
ITB - Ocelli Cellars

Todd Hamina
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 4413
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 2:16 pm
Location: McMinnville, OR

Re: Fires-Oregon

#121 Post by Todd Hamina » September 15th, 2020, 8:40 am

While it hasn't rained, there has been a lot of moisture in the air the last few mornings.
This is encouraging. Still sucks though.
Co-Owner, Biggio Hamina Cellars
-BiggioHamina

User avatar
Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 6605
Joined: October 20th, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Portland/Newberg, Oregon

Re: Fires-Oregon

#122 Post by Jim Anderson » September 15th, 2020, 9:40 am

Clearing skies in parts of YC. Saw some blue sky out on vineyards yesterday evening and this morning. Take what we can get.

If only they had raked the forest and swept up the leaves!
Co-owner, Patricia Green Cellars

User avatar
Marshall Manning
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 571
Joined: January 31st, 2009, 1:16 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Fires-Oregon

#123 Post by Marshall Manning » September 15th, 2020, 7:31 pm

Jim Anderson wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:40 am
If only they had raked the forest and swept up the leaves!
Haven't you been doing that in your spare time, Jim?

BTW, had a very strange dream a few nights ago. I was still in the wine biz and was doing a trade tasting and after the tasting you, Eric Pottmeyer and I decided to eat outdoors at a restaurant and you two starting pulling out old Piedmont wines from the '70s and '80s. I felt weird because it seemed like you two had planned this and I didn't have any old Piedmont wines with me, and the only thing I had was a big bottle of (unnamed) grower Champagne. It was like a Bordeaux-style Barolo bottle on top, but the bottom was like a magnum of Special Club Champagne. It really looked like it should have been a giant Molotov cocktail bottle, or old German WWI grenade. But we liked the Champagne. Not sure where that dream came from?
Marshall

Marcus Goodfellow
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 2083
Joined: January 5th, 2011, 9:28 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: Fires-Oregon

#124 Post by Marcus Goodfellow » September 15th, 2020, 7:55 pm

Jim Anderson wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:40 am
Clearing skies in parts of YC. Saw some blue sky out on vineyards yesterday evening and this morning. Take what we can get.

If only they had raked the forest and swept up the leaves!
Good to see actual clouds today
Goodfellow Family Cellars
Winemaker & Owner

User avatar
Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 6605
Joined: October 20th, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Portland/Newberg, Oregon

Re: Fires-Oregon

#125 Post by Jim Anderson » September 15th, 2020, 9:10 pm

Marshall Manning wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 7:31 pm
Jim Anderson wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:40 am
If only they had raked the forest and swept up the leaves!
Haven't you been doing that in your spare time, Jim?

BTW, had a very strange dream a few nights ago. I was still in the wine biz and was doing a trade tasting and after the tasting you, Eric Pottmeyer and I decided to eat outdoors at a restaurant and you two starting pulling out old Piedmont wines from the '70s and '80s. I felt weird because it seemed like you two had planned this and I didn't have any old Piedmont wines with me, and the only thing I had was a big bottle of (unnamed) grower Champagne. It was like a Bordeaux-style Barolo bottle on top, but the bottom was like a magnum of Special Club Champagne. It really looked like it should have been a giant Molotov cocktail bottle, or old German WWI grenade. But we liked the Champagne. Not sure where that dream came from?
I feel like you owe Eric and I some nice Piedmonte wines.
Co-owner, Patricia Green Cellars

Todd Hamina
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 4413
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 2:16 pm
Location: McMinnville, OR

Re: Fires-Oregon

#126 Post by Todd Hamina » September 16th, 2020, 9:15 am

Marcus Goodfellow wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 7:55 pm
Jim Anderson wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:40 am
Clearing skies in parts of YC. Saw some blue sky out on vineyards yesterday evening and this morning. Take what we can get.

If only they had raked the forest and swept up the leaves!
Good to see actual clouds today
Day 10 of smoke and haze. Folks can take action to mitigate the potential taint exposure, or wish they had...
Co-Owner, Biggio Hamina Cellars
-BiggioHamina

User avatar
Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4588
Joined: June 7th, 2009, 10:13 am
Location: McMinnville, OR

Re: Fires-Oregon

#127 Post by Rick Allen » September 16th, 2020, 9:42 am

We drove over to the Coast to get out of the smoke for a couple of hours yesterday, and were amazed at the difference that a couple of miles could make. 20 miles from McMinnville there was little/no smoke, but two miles closer and we were fully socked in.

User avatar
Al Osterheld
Posts: 6755
Joined: March 15th, 2009, 5:47 am
Location: SF Bay

Re: Fires-Oregon

#128 Post by Al Osterheld » September 16th, 2020, 9:55 am

Yes, with valleys and swales and winds, the level of smoke can vary a lot. In 2008, we made a Pinot Noir from a vineyard in Anderson Valley and the degree of smoke taint pretty clearly varied between different parts of the vineyard (although it was noticeable in the wine from all the blocks).

-Al

User avatar
Richard T r i m p i
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 15411
Joined: September 11th, 2009, 1:29 pm
Location: Within walking distance of William Penn's Walking Purchase

Re: Fires-Oregon

#129 Post by Richard T r i m p i » September 16th, 2020, 10:18 am

Todd Hamina wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 9:15 am
Marcus Goodfellow wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 7:55 pm
Jim Anderson wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:40 am
Clearing skies in parts of YC. Saw some blue sky out on vineyards yesterday evening and this morning. Take what we can get.
If only they had raked the forest and swept up the leaves!
Good to see actual clouds today
Day 10 of smoke and haze.
[help.gif]

RT

User avatar
Glenn L e v i n e
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 19739
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 6:16 pm
Location: Coos Bay, OR

Re: Fires-Oregon

#130 Post by Glenn L e v i n e » September 16th, 2020, 10:43 am

AQI < 40 today in Charleston. Breathable air!
"Never lose sight of the fact that it is just fermented grape juice" - a winemaker and negotiant in Napa Valley, CA

User avatar
Marshall Manning
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 571
Joined: January 31st, 2009, 1:16 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Fires-Oregon

#131 Post by Marshall Manning » September 16th, 2020, 3:53 pm

Jim Anderson wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:10 pm
I feel like you owe Eric and I some nice Piedmonte wines.
I don't have any from the '70s and '80s anymore. Would '98 Conterno Cascina Francia do?
Marshall

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”