MacDonald release is imminent!!!

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
JLuch
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 69
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 12:47 pm

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#151 Post by JLuch » September 18th, 2020, 12:52 pm

Adam, that post depresses me, you are going on 5 years on the waitlist? I think I signed up a little over two years ago, so it seems I am in for a long wait. I guess worst case, my son can take over my spot in time, he was just born in February, so that should work out just fine.
Last edited by JLuch on September 18th, 2020, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Luci@no

User avatar
J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13958
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 9:59 am

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#152 Post by J a y H a c k » September 18th, 2020, 12:53 pm

Mstanford wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 6:52 pm
I wonder how many folks got in on the very first release to the public...which i think was the '10. i still have (2) btls of that vintage - just have a hard time popping with folks who don't understand the story.

anyway, count myself fortunate to have my 8th 3-pak headed to Georgia soon enough.
I have a three pack of the 2010, with I think two left. I have also tasted the 2009 twice, but unfortunately Alex priced it at $1 million per bottle to sell it to me. I declined.
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

User avatar
J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13958
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 9:59 am

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#153 Post by J a y H a c k » September 18th, 2020, 12:55 pm

mark rudner wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 12:49 pm
Mstanford wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 6:52 pm
I wonder how many folks got in on the very first release to the public...which i think was the '10. i still have (2) btls of that vintage - just have a hard time popping with folks who don't understand the story.

anyway, count myself fortunate to have my 8th 3-pak headed to Georgia soon enough.
+1
thanks to dentice [cheers.gif]
Were you at the original "release" dinner in the basement of that dump in Brooklyn? My skull still has a bump in it from smashing my head into the low ceiling on the stairs going down.
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

User avatar
David Baum
Posts: 1544
Joined: August 24th, 2017, 5:26 pm
Location: Carlsbad CA

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#154 Post by David Baum » September 18th, 2020, 1:07 pm

Ive had every one including the 08 and 09. Having the 08 with 8 years of age is what has convinced me to keep my hands off them if at all possible until they are at least 8 years post vintage. Made one exception for Pobega's visit last Fall and opened a 14 with an 8 hour decant. Showed great but these really need close to a decade to really show what they are capable of. Best of the best

mark rudner
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1527
Joined: April 23rd, 2009, 1:43 pm

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#155 Post by mark rudner » September 18th, 2020, 1:22 pm

J a y H a c k wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 12:55 pm
mark rudner wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 12:49 pm
Mstanford wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 6:52 pm
I wonder how many folks got in on the very first release to the public...which i think was the '10. i still have (2) btls of that vintage - just have a hard time popping with folks who don't understand the story.

anyway, count myself fortunate to have my 8th 3-pak headed to Georgia soon enough.
+1
thanks to dentice [cheers.gif]
Were you at the original "release" dinner in the basement of that dump in Brooklyn? My skull still has a bump in it from smashing my head into the low ceiling on the stairs going down.
i wasn't there jay, but you're way taller than me so my head would have been fine champagne.gif

User avatar
Joe W i n o g r a d
Posts: 647
Joined: March 20th, 2013, 10:19 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#156 Post by Joe W i n o g r a d » September 18th, 2020, 2:57 pm

David Baum wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 1:07 pm
Ive had every one including the 08 and 09. Having the 08 with 8 years of age is what has convinced me to keep my hands off them if at all possible until they are at least 8 years post vintage. Made one exception for Pobega's visit last Fall and opened a 14 with an 8 hour decant. Showed great but these really need close to a decade to really show what they are capable of. Best of the best
[winner.gif]

User avatar
PaulMills
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2291
Joined: July 11th, 2012, 4:54 pm
Location: Greenville, SC

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#157 Post by PaulMills » September 18th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Glenn L e v i n e wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 8:50 pm
In since 2010, have only uncorked two bottles and gifted one to a buddy.

Nice lil stash.

I received the 2010 offer but was loading a plane for a trip to Italy, so I passed. Mistake. Big mistake. In since 2012.

K.C0LBURN
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20
Joined: September 3rd, 2020, 7:08 am

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#158 Post by K.C0LBURN » September 19th, 2020, 12:40 pm

I've been on the MacDonald waiting list for three years now thanks to this very board! I'm a longtime lurker. Unfortunately in that time, my alcohol tolerance has collapsed (think: have to plan in order to drink less than half a glass), so I buy only to cellar, and/or drink and share with friends and others who appreciate what I'm opening.

Honestly, it's thanks to Berserkers that I was introduced to some other wonderful producers whose wines were more readily available in the interim. I can't thank everyone enough for their recommendations. I started drinking wine roughly a decade ago and I keep a minuscule cellar, so I'm not really a "collector" in any sense. I don't have either the room or the alcohol tolerance. ;)

One of these days I may try to seek out a MacDonald 2010 or 2012! I just hesitate to acquire from commercial resellers, so I watch the wine classifieds here on the offchance that some Berserker puts up a bottle. I'd definitely travel to pick one up.
K A T H E R I N E

User avatar
Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5803
Joined: February 1st, 2009, 6:25 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#159 Post by Kris Patten » September 19th, 2020, 12:43 pm

PaulMills wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 5:50 pm
Glenn L e v i n e wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 8:50 pm
In since 2010, have only uncorked two bottles and gifted one to a buddy.

Nice lil stash.

I received the 2010 offer but was loading a plane for a trip to Italy, so I passed. Mistake. Big mistake. In since 2012.
I missed 10, 11, and 12 because they sold out too quickly and I was at work. Set an appointment in my calendar for the 13 and finally got in....nice to have a window to buy vs. first come.
ITB

User avatar
mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2253
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 8:48 am

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#160 Post by mattcitrang » September 22nd, 2020, 12:25 pm

Sold out, my son will have to wait another year or more.

User avatar
Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2358
Joined: March 5th, 2009, 11:40 am

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#161 Post by Robert Dentice » September 22nd, 2020, 12:52 pm

J a y H a c k wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 12:55 pm
mark rudner wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 12:49 pm
Mstanford wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 6:52 pm
I wonder how many folks got in on the very first release to the public...which i think was the '10. i still have (2) btls of that vintage - just have a hard time popping with folks who don't understand the story.

anyway, count myself fortunate to have my 8th 3-pak headed to Georgia soon enough.
+1
thanks to dentice [cheers.gif]
Were you at the original "release" dinner in the basement of that dump in Brooklyn? My skull still has a bump in it from smashing my head into the low ceiling on the stairs going down.
But it was and is worth it? What is a little skull bump for a life long Jets fan!
ITB - source | material

User avatar
Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 10707
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 2:55 am
Location: in between coastal SC and south FL

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#162 Post by Scott Brunson » September 22nd, 2020, 2:31 pm

Robert Dentice wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 12:52 pm
J a y H a c k wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 12:55 pm
mark rudner wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 12:49 pm


+1
thanks to dentice [cheers.gif]
Were you at the original "release" dinner in the basement of that dump in Brooklyn? My skull still has a bump in it from smashing my head into the low ceiling on the stairs going down.
But it was and is worth it? What is a little skull bump for a life long Jets fan!
lol
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

NED VALOIS
Posts: 6226
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:47 am
Location: South Miami,Fl

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#163 Post by NED VALOIS » September 22nd, 2020, 2:43 pm

IN BEFORE THE BELL ! [cheers.gif] flirtysmile

User avatar
Andrew K.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 889
Joined: April 24th, 2020, 11:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#164 Post by Andrew K. » September 22nd, 2020, 5:24 pm

Andrew K. wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 3:58 pm
Anyone looking to share an allocation this year to keep your place on the list, feel free reach out to me.
Sadly no one took me up on my offer. pileon
к𝓁ย𝐠

NickRut
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 982
Joined: June 10th, 2016, 5:00 pm

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#165 Post by NickRut » September 22nd, 2020, 5:38 pm

Andrew K. wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 5:24 pm
Andrew K. wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 3:58 pm
Anyone looking to share an allocation this year to keep your place on the list, feel free reach out to me.
Sadly no one took me up on my offer. pileon



I’d bet there are like 2-3 people max that don’t take their allocation every year.
Rutkowski

User avatar
Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5803
Joined: February 1st, 2009, 6:25 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#166 Post by Kris Patten » September 22nd, 2020, 5:50 pm

NickRut wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 5:38 pm
Andrew K. wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 5:24 pm
Andrew K. wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 3:58 pm
Anyone looking to share an allocation this year to keep your place on the list, feel free reach out to me.
Sadly no one took me up on my offer. pileon

I’d bet there are like 2-3 people max that don’t take their allocation every year.
And none of those frequent this site.
ITB

NED VALOIS
Posts: 6226
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:47 am
Location: South Miami,Fl

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#167 Post by NED VALOIS » September 22nd, 2020, 5:57 pm

“He who hesitates is a damned fool.” [cheers.gif] [snort.gif]
― Mae West

User avatar
Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7972
Joined: May 1st, 2009, 11:19 am
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#168 Post by Mark Y » October 19th, 2020, 10:45 am

Does anyone know when the release is planning to ship? I recall seeing October, but I forget if there was a specific date mentioned?
Y.e.

User avatar
SeanHarding
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 743
Joined: November 29th, 2009, 4:41 pm
Location: Franklin, TN & sometimes OC, CA
Contact:

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#169 Post by SeanHarding » October 19th, 2020, 10:47 am

The release email says "The wine will be shipped on Tuesday, October 20th depending on weather conditions."

User avatar
Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7972
Joined: May 1st, 2009, 11:19 am
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#170 Post by Mark Y » October 19th, 2020, 10:51 am

SeanHarding wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 10:47 am
The release email says "The wine will be shipped on Tuesday, October 20th depending on weather conditions."
Perfect so this week.. thank you!
Y.e.

User avatar
David Baum
Posts: 1544
Joined: August 24th, 2017, 5:26 pm
Location: Carlsbad CA

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#171 Post by David Baum » October 19th, 2020, 11:56 am

I always pick them up. My bottles are too big to ship

Rodrigo F.
Posts: 116
Joined: April 22nd, 2020, 10:38 am

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#172 Post by Rodrigo F. » October 19th, 2020, 12:34 pm

How long until someone is selling their 3-pack on CC for $1200?
F l o r e s

MikeL238
Posts: 309
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 12:28 pm
Location: NYC

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#173 Post by MikeL238 » October 19th, 2020, 12:43 pm

Rodrigo F. wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 12:34 pm
How long until someone is selling their 3-pack on CC for $1200?
[shrug.gif] [shrug.gif] [shrug.gif]
Mike Leigh

Len Stevens
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 250
Joined: May 10th, 2019, 9:13 am

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#174 Post by Len Stevens » October 19th, 2020, 1:27 pm

I am absolutely a buyer should anyone want to sell!!!

User avatar
Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5803
Joined: February 1st, 2009, 6:25 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#175 Post by Kris Patten » October 19th, 2020, 4:21 pm

Rodrigo F. wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 12:34 pm
How long until someone is selling their 3-pack on CC for $1200?
That seems like gouging....I'd only ask for $1199.
ITB

User avatar
blarmston
Posts: 671
Joined: February 24th, 2016, 10:18 am
Location: San Diego

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#176 Post by blarmston » October 19th, 2020, 7:39 pm

David Baum wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 11:56 am
I always pick them up. My bottles are too big to ship
Well played... 😉
-Brian Armston

User avatar
SeanHarding
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 743
Joined: November 29th, 2009, 4:41 pm
Location: Franklin, TN & sometimes OC, CA
Contact:

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#177 Post by SeanHarding » October 29th, 2020, 4:00 pm

Shipment arrived today.

Len Stevens
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 250
Joined: May 10th, 2019, 9:13 am

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#178 Post by Len Stevens » October 30th, 2020, 5:57 am

I am blown away by the kindness of my fellow Beserkers, they have shared 8 bottles of the 17 and two others who are sharing older verticals. Yes, it's expensive, but I simply don't care.

MikeL238
Posts: 309
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 12:28 pm
Location: NYC

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#179 Post by MikeL238 » October 30th, 2020, 6:22 am

Len Stevens wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 5:57 am
I am blown away by the kindness of my fellow Beserkers, they have shared 8 bottles of the 17 and two others who are sharing older verticals. Yes, it's expensive, but I simply don't care.
grouphug grouphug grouphug
Mike Leigh

Jimmya
Posts: 4
Joined: February 2nd, 2020, 11:31 pm

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#180 Post by Jimmya » October 30th, 2020, 6:27 am

I signed up last year (im in australia) anyone want to trade for some wendourees ha ha

User avatar
John Webber
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 966
Joined: February 26th, 2009, 8:40 am

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#181 Post by John Webber » October 30th, 2020, 6:45 am

Jimmya wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 6:27 am
I signed up last year (im in australia) anyone want to trade for some wendourees ha ha
If you make it to the US or we to Australia, I would happily bring a bottle to share over a meal. [cheers.gif]

YLee
Posts: 2006
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 8:09 am

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#182 Post by YLee » October 30th, 2020, 8:00 am

John Webber wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 6:45 am
Jimmya wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 6:27 am
I signed up last year (im in australia) anyone want to trade for some wendourees ha ha
If you make it to the US or we to Australia, I would happily bring a bottle to share over a meal. [cheers.gif]
That's very nice of you.
-¥ 0 ñ 9

Jimmya
Posts: 4
Joined: February 2nd, 2020, 11:31 pm

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#183 Post by Jimmya » October 30th, 2020, 2:50 pm

John Webber wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 6:45 am
Jimmya wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 6:27 am
I signed up last year (im in australia) anyone want to trade for some wendourees ha ha
If you make it to the US or we to Australia, I would happily bring a bottle to share over a meal. [cheers.gif]

That sounds great, im always chasing US wines over here but they a few and far between, the prices at retail are "hefty" to say the least. Montello and Dominus all $600 aud plus. I have been able to get some spottswoodes pretty cheap and a bottle of 94 Montebello which ill be opening soon.

Im on the Wendouree list and have about a 100 bottles of the various wines but mostly from 2013 onwards unfortunately ie not much "old stuff"

Robert S Rolland
Posts: 2
Joined: October 31st, 2019, 3:56 pm

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#184 Post by Robert S Rolland » November 2nd, 2020, 3:38 pm

JIMMYA- I might be able to help you out!
rsrolland@comcast.net

Richard Albert
Posts: 809
Joined: November 16th, 2012, 2:49 pm
Location: Southernmost NorCal Wine Country

Re: MacDonald release is imminent!!!

#185 Post by Richard Albert » November 2nd, 2020, 4:25 pm

Think I will pick up my order: a 6.0L, 3.0L and 6 1.5L, I am not big on 750 mls. Ha!
ITB

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”