TN: 2012 Arcadian Chardonnay Clos Pepe Vineyard - The Redemption

Had a bottle of this wine a couple weeks ago that I had purchased at auction during Falltacular a few years back. Unfortunately it was spoiled due to a storage issue somewhere along the line and I mentioned that in my note. A few days later there’s an email in my inbox from Joe Davis offering a replacement bottle even though the fault on the wine was not of his doing. You’ve gotta love the wine community! Well, it’s redemption tour time for the 2012 Arcadian Clos Pepe Chardonnay because this baby is singing. Thanks Joe [cheers.gif] and thanks everyone for reading. Hope the note helps.

• 2012 Arcadian Chardonnay Clos Pepe Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (9/7/2020)
    2nd try at this wine in as many weeks. The first suffered from poor storage. Golden color, nose offering a leesy brioche note similar to a late disgorged sparkler with some honeysuckle blossom and straw. Tart lemon and Granny Smith apple up front, with a creamy, slightly oily texture. Turns minerally with a mouthpuckering/mouthwatering finish accompanied by a hint of pineapple. Very refreshing. Followed from refrigerator to room temp over 3 days and it held up very well confirming my storage issue with the first bottle. So glad to have a chance at redemption with this wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

Brian, I am happy to read that this bottle offered a better showing and revealed its true character. Thank you for taking the time to share this review.

My pleasure, thank YOU for generously supplying a like vintage replacement. Over the top gesture Sir! [berserker.gif]