TN: 2013 Carlisle Zinfandel Monte Rosso Vineyard

Really enjoyed this wine and wish Mike still had access to the fruit. C’est la vie.

Dark crimson in color. 15.9% ABV. 93% Zinfandel and 7% Grand Noir. Soaring nose of red and black fruits, citrus and spice. Medium to full bodied with mouth watering acidity. Incredibly lush, concentrated and balanced. Black cherries, raspberries, blood orange and pepper on the palate. The finish is exceptionally long and seamless. I prefer the better Carlisle Zins 6-7 years after vintage but this particular wine has all the components to age for years to come. Likely best over the next 2-4 years.

My rating: 94 points.

Full review on Zinfandel Chronicles 2013 Carlisle Zinfandel Monte Rosso Vineyard - Bottle Notes | Zinfandel Chronicles

Cheers,
Tom

Nice! Great note as always my friend! And I 100% agree about waiting 6 to 7+ years on the single vineyard zins. But it’s especially nice hearing that from you, as i know you typically like your zins baby-fresh.

Def bringing an older Ridge zin with me when we finally get to meet up in person :wink:

Thanks for posting this, Tom. Fantastic notes. I finished my '13 carlisle monte rossos last year and enjoyed every bottle. Been plowing through many '13 Carlisle zins throughout this pandemic and starting to taste some of the 14’s recently too. My sweet spot is 5-7 years past vintage for the single vineyards, but I always save a couple bottles from each year to taste with more age.

Thanks for the note Tom. Sounds like it is time ti queue one up.

Sounds great. I think I’ll open up the Carlisle and Bedrock side by side soon.

Nice! Definitley report back when you do!

Sounds good my man. Looking forward to it.

Tom