TN: Cedarville {Viognier} '18....(short/boring)

Tried this wine early in the week:

1. Cedarville {Viognier} EstateBttld/ElDorado (14.3%; 145 cs) 2018: Med.light yellow color; very strong pear/Viog/peach some floral/peach blossom slight earthy/chalky/perfumed talc quite attractive nose; lightly tart/tangy slightly rich/lush very strong floral/pear/Viog/peach/peach blossom/bit spicy light chalky/perfumed talc quite balanced flavor; very long/lingering bright pear/Viog/peach/peach blossom light chalky/perfumed talc/mineral lightly tart finish; very far away from DollyParton territory; a bright classic pear/Viog and a very pretty/aromatic white.

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. This wine reminded me some of the recent Cline Viognier but much more depth & interest. The early Cedarville Viogniers tended to be a bit on the soft side. This one was very bright & balanced & had a refreshing acidity to it. Maybe the best Cedarville Viog yet.
    I, of course, followed the Cedarville wines of Jonathan & Susan from the very start, when they first showed at an early HdR event. Without Susan, I expect the Cedarville wines from Jonathan will continue to be some of my favorites.
    Tom

Tom, any reason to wait on these, the ‘18s ? I’ve been holding off. To us the wines are probably the best QPR of any we buy. The Syrah’s, with age, are excellent.

Clueless as to if this will get better. I don’t think dramatically so, though. It’s so good right now but should hold its own for several yrs I would guess.
Tom