TN: 2013 Turley Zinfandel Ueberroth Vineyard

Decided to open this as I perused the Turley mailer that included the 2018 version of this SVD.

Crimson in color. 15.8% ABV. Tremendous nose of brambly red fruits, licorice and baking spices. Medium body with perfect acidity. Notably well balanced. Packed with sweet, juicy fruits. Black cherry, raspberry liqueur, cocoa and pepper on the palate. Exceptional length on the finish. Stunning Zinfandel from what is my favorite vineyard in the Turley portfolio. Best over the next 1-2 years.

My rating: 94 points

Full review on Zinfandel Chronicles Zinfandel of the Month - 2013 Turley Zinfandel Ueberroth Vineyard | Zinfandel Chronicles

Needless to say I bought the 2018 and the bevy of other Zins.

Tom

Great note Tom. Ueberroth is special!

I consumed a couple of these earlier in the year. Ueberroth is definitely a singular and unique expression of Zinfandel (never had a Ueberroth from anyone but Turley though), but it comes off a little too high-toned for my taste. This was the last vintage that I bought. Cheers!

I think it’s the best of the Turley portfolio. I like Pesenti almost equally, with the Ueberroth being more refined, and the Pesenti being a little more rugged and traditionally Zin-like. At least that’s my impression over the years, but I haven’t tried them side by side in a long time.