TNs: 2018 Marc Roy Gevrey VV, 2010 Penfolds St Henri

2018 Marc Roy Gevrey-Chambertin VV
This is ripe, taut and muscuslar. A little muted initially but then expodes with sugar coated dark fruits, trimmed with a subtle earthiness and woodsmoke. The palate ripples with energy and it handles a Rib eye with aplomb. Very fine wine.

2010 Penfolds St Henri Shiraz
I just can’t believe how well this is drinking. It is mercifully quite savoury, the dark, dark cassis and blackberry fruits play with black olives and super subtle spice. The palate is all silk, yet has this underlying power and such a sumptuous palate, which carries weight without heaviness. A rare combo. A wine of rare quality. Andrew Caillard gave this 100pts. i can see why. Good for another 20 to 30 yrs plus.

Hi Kent, really nice note on the St Henri. I stopped buying Penfolds wines with the 1998 vintage but a note like this one makes me wonder about that decision.

cheers Brodie

I don’t really buy the wines either, although theREserve Bin A Chardonnays are close to teh top of the tree. I have always had a soft spot for St Henri and this might be the best of them. It was just a very enjoyable drink.