TN: 2016 PYCM St Aubin En Remilly

Superb showing; lovely white peach on the nose; fantastic lovely acidity and a very nice finish. Haven’t tried the 17 or the N.M. yet but this is just great.

Thanks for the note. The lower end of the PYCM range is such consistently good value

This ain’t low! [wink.gif] Love this Cru…prob my fav in Saint Aubin! 07 was bitchin a couple years ago!

Have a few of these, it was under consideration for tonight, but no hurry at all. Nice to hear it’s as good as expected. We had a 2016 Ancegnieres last week that was a rock star, also that white peach profile.

I love his En Remilly, but man they can be reductive. A while back I ordered copper straws just for his wines (not to sip from but for a quick stir).
It seems like just yesterday the St. Aubins, including En Remilly, were available for $39.99 (that’s what I paid in 2014 for the ‘15 vintage and earlier for the 2014’s).
Does anyone know the difference between the PYCM En Remilly and the En Remilly Cuvée Nicholas et Mathis?
Cheers,
Warren

From Crush:

Colin-Morey makes two bottlings from En Remilly. Nicholas et Mathis is the rarer of the two bottlings. It’s situated near the Grand Cru site of Chevalier-Montrachet. Compared to Colin-Morey’s basic En Remilly, Nicholas et Mathis is deeper and more textural.

There is also a Chassagne En Remily - does this vineyard straddle the border? I still have 2 of the '11’s and have been temped to try side by side with the St Aubin. I have not been lucky enough to find a decent offer on the Nicholas et Mathis…

Theres a little corner of En Remily immediately adjacent to Chevalier that extends into Chassagne.

Thank you for this info - I think Pierre Yves does so well with this little corners… another one I am fond of is his Vide Bourse which I think abuts Batard.

Hubert Lamy makes a killer St. Aubin En Remilly. Prices have also gotten crazy though.

The 2010 (I think) PYCM Chassagne En Remily was well received as a ringer in a flight of Chevalier Montrachets at Don Cornwell’s.

drank the 2012 recently. Lovely.

I ordered some 2018 Saint-Aubin En Remilly Nicholas et Mathis because of this thread. Quite a price creep here.