2007 d'Angerville Clos des Ducs

Having drunk all my other 2007 Angervilles for the crime of being excessively delicious and open, I am now down to the Clos des Ducs. I left the best for last, a joy to drink, burgundy as I want it be. Volnay seems to be a real sweet spot in 2007.

Pale red, complex floral bouquet, cool red cherries, some earth and spice, perfectly balanced and harmonious. Nice acidity and very fine gentle tannins. Deceptively open but I am sure there is plenty more in the tank (but I doubt my few remaining bottles will ever find out). Light on its feet but with great depth of flavour. I just love where the 2007s are right now

Brodie

Thanks for the note, still keeping a case in long term storage.

Agreed that ‘07 are drinking great still, just opened Fourrier Aux Moines/Les Petits Vougeots and Gibourg Chaignots recently, all wide-open and declious.

thanks for the report, brodie. I enjoyed the last one I had quite a bit, but am saving my final bottle for a while, as I expect some more age-related complexity to show up.

It’s been said many times before, but d’Angerville totally nailed 2007. I’ve never had the Ducs but I keep my eye out for it.

Glad you are drinking well Brodie. I hope you and your family are doing fine.

I adore '07 in Volnay, and only wish I had gone unreasonably long on them. I have not drunk any of my CdDucs yet, and look forward to when I do.

Thanks for sharing,

Todd