TN: 2019 Schäfer-Fröhlich „Vulkangestein“ - WOW

2019 Schäfer-Fröhlich „Vulkangestein“

WOW…what à drive&kick, purity, grip and vibrant ripe acidity incl. the famous salty minerality. And such charming right from the start, I am surprised. Stunning value for 17€. Based on over 30 years old vines from vulcanic soil by Stromberg and Felsenberg. BUY

92/100

F87C6626-7022-40E7-95E9-7D7F90E8F6BF.jpeg

Again, Martin…

I thought we had an understanding. Please be quiet about these gems. [whistle.gif]

Went with the 2019 Schiefergestein this year. No reason why. Just trying it. Will report this fall/winter.

I will open 2019 Schiefergestein this week.

It is also worth to mention that the 2019s are such charming right now. Normally Vulkanstein/Schiefergestein are not such charming immediately after bottling and rather need 2-3 years cellaring for the first try.

My friend, we have to share these terrific Rieslings that’s our mission. [drinkers.gif]

Martin, tasted them in person with Tim for several hours already in March and now again with him in July. Their entire 2019s… Mama mia! [dance2.gif]

I know, saw your Instagram post. I totally believe you, 2019 is truly a special vintage. And when the 2019 Estate Riesling from Tim is such impressive, then you could imagine how mind-blowing the GGs are in 2019.

I think Martin posted on an older Schiefergestein right when RP’s offer came out…I ended up doing the same!

YES, end of June I posted about the 2017 Schiefergestein.

love it, thanks Martin.