TN: 2016 IDS Cabernet Sauvignon Fourth St. (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2016 IDS Cabernet Sauvignon Fourth St. - USA, California, Napa Valley (8/25/2020)
    Pop and pour at the outdoor tables at a steakhouse in Rye. My first business dinner with clients in at least eight months. This is an outstandingly delicious wine, both powerful and sexy at the same time. Very easy to drink. Red fruit and lots of spice, combined with chocolate and, oddly enough, cedar that I don’t usually get until a wine is at least 20 years old. This is a private project that is a real bargain and is not available in stores. I don’t know whether I am allowed to disclose Vineyards and winemaker, but let’s say there are three different Vineyards and an extremely well-known winemaker who makes it a lot of really good stuff. This was surprisingly approachable at only four years old. I also brought a 2007 Cayuse Armada Syrah. One of the two people who was with me thought the Fourth Street was far superior, while the other guy really like the Fourth Street but preferred the Cayuse. I enjoyed them both, leaning towards the Fourth Street, but both of them were excellent pairings for porterhouse for three. My guess is that the Fourth Street will continue to get better and has potential of getting over 95. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker