Retailer Rocket Wines International in DC

I’ve seen this retailer show up on wine searcher. Has anyone done business with them? Are they reputable?

I am buying some wine from them and will let you know how the transaction goes. But Bob has spoken to me extensively about what I was looking for and I have a good vibe.

Cool thanks

I checked out the site. Whats with the 2002 Shafer Hillside Select for $94? I don’t think the release price was even that low. Says nothing about bottles size on the label. It has to be a typo.

The address they list is the same address as Domaine Wine Storage in DC. Very odd.

I live in DC and never heard of them. If you put in their address, it takes you to Domaine Storage, which a bunch of great guys and gals in the board store their wines. Maybe they’ll have some insight. Outside of storage, they don’t have a physical location.

I would approach with caution. Or call Domaine and ask if they have someone operating out of their address.

I store my wines there and have never heard of Rocket!

Yup. DC resident and never heard of them

Their business licenses and permits on the website have some names on there that maybe someone will know. Seems like the owner operates a law firm out of Baltimore.

Also Bob Schindler, their consultant, seems to be a Partner/Part owner of Pinehurst Wine Shoppe in Baltimore. Maybe it’s legit with some tie in with them. Who knows, but I would be cautious.

A little like a Sweeney Todd situation…

Bob S. is a good friend. He has been dealing in fine wines for over four decades.

Where are the display photos from? The actual store?

There is no store for Rocket Wines that I am aware of. If it’s legit, it’s online only from the looks of it. Maybe they are stock photos or from another store/cellar. As stated above their address is for Domaine Storage.

Don’t a bunch of internet only stores use Domaine’s address? For instance, Sommpicks used to and may still. Something to do with DC’s regs (direct import is ok?).

Yes, direct import is OK.

Yes, a couple places sell using the Domain location. DC changed their laws a few years ago to allow this. I think R Squared does this as well. However, I have never heard of Rocket Wines.

My friend tried to order from them and they wouldn’t ship to nyc.

Was there any definitive conclusion regarding this retailer? Anyone with experiences they can share?

Thanks