TN: 2017 Dujac Fils et Père Morey St. Denis

• 2017 Dujac Fils et Père Morey St. Denis - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Morey St. Denis (8/18/2020)
    Highly perfumed, very pretty nose of raspberry, cherry and violets. Good flesh, supple tannins and breezy minerally acidity. Accessible now and simply delicious.

Posted from CellarTracker

I have this same vintage of the Domaine MSD that I’m trying to have a bit of patience with since it’s my first Dujac. Glad - and unfortunate - that it’s already drinking so well!

1 Like

This is Domaine, not Maison?

Nice note Jeremy. I buy tons of the Dujac village wines and the MSD version is my favorite - domaine or Maison - no different. The '88 and '93 of this one are still going strong and are very enjoyable drinks - I still have some. CHEERS

Both exist

My hunch is that Jeremy knows what he’s drinking.

The name is Dujac Fils et Père, so it is not Domaine Dujac…

1 Like

My confusion was based on looking it up online. WS notes there is a difference between Domaine and Maison but doesn’t label Dujac Fils et Pere as Maison. Most retailers also don’t use Maison.
To be sure I wasn’t doubting Jeremy.

I don’t think there is any such thing as “Maison Dujac.” Maison is just a term people use the Dujac P&F wines, because that naming is used by other producers.

It was the Fils et Pere bottling, not the Domaine bottling. Both are very good.

Interesting, thanks for the note. I had the '16 CM and MSD DFeP side by side back in April. They were both way, way too tight upon opening so I decanted. Still too tight so I poured them back and revisited the next night (I think it was the CM but maybe both were pretty reductive (may or may not be using that term correctly) a bit of mouth tingle or touch effervescent? my notes left that out). Day two, still tight but the MSD was a bit rounder, the CM was tart but that balanced out as it warmed a bit and was very enjoyable. I had some left day three and they were best then, CM was the winner for me. I have been buying both CM and MSD since '14, and both the Domaine and FeP, although just the Domaine wines in '17. I have generally been of the mindset to have the FeP first and then go to the Domaine wines, do you have an opinion as I have not opened the Domaine wines from '15 or '16 yet? Thanks again.

I reckon the Fils et Pere bottling are almost always more relaxed and accessible young.