TN: 2001 Joseph Drouhin Chambolle-Musigny

• 2001 Joseph Drouhin Chambolle-Musigny - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Chambolle-Musigny (8/15/2020)
    Drinking really well. Has some smoked meats, sous bois and a hint of coffee development on the nose. It is sweet and vinous, with something stony and cool just below the surface. There’s a fine line of minerally acidity and a lacy feel against the gums. It has decent length of flavour and finishes quite savoury.

Posted from CellarTracker

Sounds lovely, Jeremy.

That’s always been a very good wine for Drouhin, as has the Chambolle 1er Cru.

wow, haven’t had this since release. Glad to hear it’s still showing well.

It was lovely at a blind 2001 village Chambolle horizontal I organized on release and it came in 3rd, only beat out by Roumier and Mugnier. I always sort of regretted not laying any down.

Jay, I think it was better than Mugnier that night on everyone’s chart (pretty sure I brought the Mugnier), Great memorable tasting. I bought the Drouhin that night when I got home, but have drunk (and the Roumier too). Mugnier has been fine, I think I have one left.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/alt.food.wine/it$20takes$20a$20village$20chambolle$202001|sort:date/alt.food.wine/UCHMnrff-nU/uFIefRLQB6oJ

Ah, you’re right! The Mugnier came in third in overall voting after the Drouhin but I had it second in my voting which is where I got confused.

And the Drouhin C-M village costs what, a third to a quarter what Mugnier and Roumier go for these days? A bargain by Burgundy standards