Audeant Wine Fundraiser

(Todd - feel free to move if need be to another forum, though I have no personal interest in the winery other than graduating from the same hs a year apart as the owner.)

An acquaintance of mine from high school owns a winery in Willamette Valley called Audeant Wines, and they’re currently running a fundraiser for the remainder of August, 20% of all wine sales will go to a paralyzed girl’s care and treatment.

They met while horseback riding, you can read the scoop below.

I tried the 2017 pinots and they’re top notch wines, if you like Oregon pinot I promise you these are tasty. Opened one blind for wino friends at a poker game in January and everyone loved it. I also posted a note on the wine if you search the forum.

I ordered the special 6-pack they put together but you can order 1 bottle or whatever.

Anyway, I left the links out but you can easily search for Audeant Wines on Google.

Dear Peter,

Two of my greatest passions in life are horses and wine. Since the young age of five, I have been a competitive equestrian and have developed special bonds with amazing horses throughout my life. I wouldn’t find something that I was as equally passionate about for decades, twenty years ago to be precise, when I developed my love for wine. Now I have a winery of my own in Oregon’s Willamette Valley – something I had never dreamed would be possible!

I tell you this because this past winter I had the opportunity to meet and watch a young and talented 15-year-old rider, Alexis Halbert, and her horse, Charisma, build a bond and grow tremendously together. I learned just a few weeks ago about a freak accident that left this young, ambitious, and eager competitor paralyzed. The accident, unfortunately, also took the life of her beloved horse and partner.

As this tragedy constantly entered into my mind and brought tears to my eyes I felt helpless and continued to think about what I could do and how I could best help both the family and Alexis get back on her feet. Alexis is currently recovering after surgery on her spinal cord in a rehab facility where she is working hard to walk again. Her advancement is promising, but the road to recovery is long and does not come without a cost. Her insurance is not covering the facility and rehab, which are estimated to total $320K.

I would love to make a difference in Alexis’ life and ultimately it is my goal to raise money to get her on her feet and back up on a horse again. Therefore, I am personally making a pledge to donate 20% of all Audeant Wine retail sales for the remainder of August in support of Alexis Halbert. Your wine purchase will help Alexis and her family afford the medical bills she needs to heal both physically and emotionally.

For this special fundraiser, and in celebration of our most recent high scores from Vinous, we are offering a hand-selected 6-pack of our highly acclaimed wines. We also invite you to create a mixed or matched order of your own here. Note that we will hold all ground shipment orders until the weather window is favorable. If your shipping state is not listed on our site, please email us directly at info@audeantwines.com.

We are a small, handcrafted winery making only 1000 cases per year, therefore please secure these wines while you can. Every bit counts, so please help us make a difference today! Also feel free to donate directly to Alexis’ fundraiser.

Thank you for your support.

Teal Walker, Proprietor