WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Jonathan Jaggers

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#1401 Post by Jonathan Jaggers »

For those of you who have gotten the $100 credit for going over $1,000 in your first year, did it just appear in your promotions, and if so right away? I went over the $1,000 a couple days ago, but no credit so far. Only thing I can think of is maybe it's because one of my orders is futures, and it won't go through until that's shipped?

MattG
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1402 Post by MattG »

Yes. Appeared immediately.
G@|’$1n

Pat P
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#1403 Post by Pat P »

Jonathan Jaggers wrote: March 26th, 2021, 11:24 am For those of you who have gotten the $100 credit for going over $1,000 in your first year, did it just appear in your promotions, and if so right away? I went over the $1,000 a couple days ago, but no credit so far. Only thing I can think of is maybe it's because one of my orders is futures, and it won't go through until that's shipped?
I had to ask. I went over a couple weeks ago and didn't see anything, sent an email and got it pretty quickly.
P 1 5 @ N 0

Jonathan Jaggers

#1404 Post by Jonathan Jaggers »

Pat P wrote: March 26th, 2021, 11:55 am
Jonathan Jaggers wrote: March 26th, 2021, 11:24 am For those of you who have gotten the $100 credit for going over $1,000 in your first year, did it just appear in your promotions, and if so right away? I went over the $1,000 a couple days ago, but no credit so far. Only thing I can think of is maybe it's because one of my orders is futures, and it won't go through until that's shipped?
I had to ask. I went over a couple weeks ago and didn't see anything, sent an email and got it pretty quickly.
Called them up and she added it right away. Along with their frequent discounts/promotions and free shipping, their customer service turns out to be great as well.

Mitch P
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1405 Post by Mitch P »

Jonathan Jaggers wrote: March 26th, 2021, 12:13 pm
Pat P wrote: March 26th, 2021, 11:55 am
Called them up and she added it right away. Along with their frequent discounts/promotions and free shipping, their customer service turns out to be great as well.
I’ll second their fantastic CS. Ordered three bottles recently. One of the bottles showed seepage so i sent an email with a few pics. They refunded the entire order.
Mitch P @ m e r @ n t z

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1406 Post by Peter C. »

Anyone buy and try the 2017 Comtesse de Cherisey Domaine La Genelotte Meursault-Blagny monopole?
( z y ® y ( @

Michael Feldman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1407 Post by Michael Feldman »

Peter C. wrote: August 20th, 2020, 1:31 pm There's another offer out there that if you spend $1,000 in the first year (didn't specify calendar year or from first purchase date) you get $100 credit. So if you plan to hit that threshold or are over it, be sure to email them and ask. There wasn't a link, just an email.
So that offer is only if you buy $1000 worth of wine from Wine Access over one year from the time you make your first purchase?
I have bought wine from Wine Access for far longer than a year but looking back over the last year I have spent far more than that. So I guess I am not eligible?

J. Migone
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1408 Post by J. Migone »

Is the Amex Offer back up??
The one and only Obi Juan Migone

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1409 Post by Max S. »

Michael Feldman wrote: March 27th, 2021, 6:11 am
Peter C. wrote: August 20th, 2020, 1:31 pm There's another offer out there that if you spend $1,000 in the first year (didn't specify calendar year or from first purchase date) you get $100 credit. So if you plan to hit that threshold or are over it, be sure to email them and ask. There wasn't a link, just an email.
So that offer is only if you buy $1000 worth of wine from Wine Access over one year from the time you make your first purchase?
I have bought wine from Wine Access for far longer than a year but looking back over the last year I have spent far more than that. So I guess I am not eligible?
Never hurts to ask
"And just to be clear, this is a post criticizing people who criticize people who criticize for a living . . ." - J Bloom

5 w 0 m l 3 y

G. Singh

#1410 Post by G. Singh »

Thoughts on 2018 Concept Pinot? Rumored to be Fel Savoy Vineyard. Anyone try it yet?
G u r k i r p a l

Pat P
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#1411 Post by Pat P »

Max S. wrote: March 27th, 2021, 6:29 am
Never hurts to ask
Yeah, definitely contact them. I didn't get mine automatically but when I emailed, they applied it immediately.
P 1 5 @ N 0

m. ristev

#1412 Post by m. ristev »

Peter C. wrote: March 26th, 2021, 5:52 pm Anyone buy and try the 2017 Comtesse de Cherisey Domaine La Genelotte Meursault-Blagny monopole?
i'd take this over a roulot any day
mајкл

Marshall Manning
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#1413 Post by Marshall Manning »

Peter C. wrote: March 26th, 2021, 5:52 pm Anyone buy and try the 2017 Comtesse de Cherisey Domaine La Genelotte Meursault-Blagny monopole?
I haven't tried the '17, but used to visit the winery on the KL trip a few years back. This is always an underrated producer, and if you have some discounts, give it a whirl. Maybe a bit like Jobard but a little more generous is how I remember the wines.
Marshall

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1414 Post by Peter C. »

Marshall Manning wrote: March 27th, 2021, 10:26 am
I haven't tried the '17, but used to visit the winery on the KL trip a few years back. This is always an underrated producer, and if you have some discounts, give it a whirl. Maybe a bit like Jobard but a little more generous is how I remember the wines.
Thank you! I bit on a couple with the $100/$250 promo, along with a $35 Guigal Gigondas.
( z y ® y ( @

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1415 Post by Peter C. »

I believe so, but contact them - I bet if you've surpassed $1000 and have been a longtime customer they'd honor it based on prior CS interactions.
( z y ® y ( @

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1416 Post by Max S. »

Anyone know about this Sullivan Rutherford Cab? AG didn't give the 2015 great numbers and Napa isn't an area I know much about.
"And just to be clear, this is a post criticizing people who criticize people who criticize for a living . . ." - J Bloom

5 w 0 m l 3 y

John L Hall

#1417 Post by John L Hall »

WTSO has sold Sullivan over the years and I’ve never been impressed even at discount. YMMV.

Michael Feldman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1418 Post by Michael Feldman »

Peter C. wrote: March 28th, 2021, 9:48 am
I believe so, but contact them - I bet if you've surpassed $1000 and have been a longtime customer they'd honor it based on prior CS interactions.
I shall email . Thanks!

Armando Basarrate

#1419 Post by Armando Basarrate »

John L Hall wrote: March 29th, 2021, 8:23 pm WTSO has sold Sullivan over the years and I’ve never been impressed even at discount. YMMV.
My experience has been similar. OK value for $30-ish amounts I paid for them. But certainly not a good value proposition at higher prices. YMMV.

Asingla
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1420 Post by Asingla »

ive been a member for a few years but recently purchased quite a bit of wine and they honored the $100 credit. definitely amazing customer service!
A n i s h

Asingla
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1421 Post by Asingla »

ive been a member for a few years but recently purchased quite a bit of wine and they honored the $100 credit. definitely amazing customer service!
A n i s h

Michael Goode
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1422 Post by Michael Goode »

Horrible review for Color & Sound 2018 from Wellesley Wine Press. Unfortunately(?) I have 6 bottles coming. Anyone else try this yet?

Medium bodied visually and aromatically muted, with a tinge of off-putting notes signaling what's to come.

Dour and woodsy on the palate with an unappealing after taste.
Too much fruit to be considered corked, too many flaws to be considered good.

Tasted from two bottles with consistent notes.

79/100 WWP: Mediocre

https://www.wellesleywinepress.com/2021 ... pring.html

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1423 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

Could just be personal tastes. WWP rated the 2015 Editorial as 94/100, but I found it to be quite mediocre.

David_K
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1424 Post by David_K »

Chris Crutchfield wrote: March 31st, 2021, 9:10 am Could just be personal tastes. WWP rated the 2015 Editorial as 94/100, but I found it to be quite mediocre.
He's good with the coupons but has very poor taste in wine.
K@ntrОwi╦z

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1425 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

David_K wrote: March 31st, 2021, 9:45 am He's good with the coupons but has very poor taste in wine.
I mean, he probably reads this thread so I hope that we can be more civil in our discourse. I don't always agree with his ratings, but I chalk that up to just personal preferences.

David_K
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1426 Post by David_K »

Chris Crutchfield wrote: March 31st, 2021, 9:51 am
David_K wrote: March 31st, 2021, 9:45 am He's good with the coupons but has very poor taste in wine.
I mean, he probably reads this thread so I hope that we can be more civil in our discourse. I don't always agree with his ratings, but I chalk that up to just personal preferences.
Sorry, the truth hurts. [shrug.gif] Nothing against him personally (OK, maybe a little, he likes Belle Glos).
K@ntrОwi╦z

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1427 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

David_K wrote: March 31st, 2021, 10:03 am Sorry, the truth hurts. [shrug.gif] Nothing against him personally (OK, maybe a little, he likes Belle Glos).
OK, now THAT is a step too far

Arv R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1428 Post by Arv R »

I just noticed the 'new' 2016 Bdx they are hawking for $22 is something that my Costco carried a couple years ago for $9. (I know because someone gave me a bottle for xmas)

The whole mega couponing, back end rebates seems to only work if customers have little cognition of what actual normal prices might be like.

I have bought stuff from WA, but find it pretty hard to find value or unique items in the areas I care about. It seems like they do have direct import pipeline for Rioja...but unless I want a case of something (which I'm unlikely to do on something unknown) it mostly only seems to be available as a preorder.
R_@_0

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1429 Post by Max S. »

I generally buy items I know or know of, and a quick W-S search shows what I should be paying for things.

5 w 0 m l 3 y

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1430 Post by Michae1 P0wers »

Arv R wrote: March 31st, 2021, 10:44 am I just noticed the 'new' 2016 Bdx they are hawking for $22 is something that my Costco carried a couple years ago for $9. (I know because someone gave me a bottle for xmas)

The whole mega couponing, back end rebates seems to only work if customers have little cognition of what actual normal prices might be like.

I have bought stuff from WA, but find it pretty hard to find value or unique items in the areas I care about. It seems like they do have direct import pipeline for Rioja...but unless I want a case of something (which I'm unlikely to do on something unknown) it mostly only seems to be available as a preorder.
I assume you mean "seems to only work" for the retailer; in which case I can't really comment. For an educated consumer it's easy to find a lot of good wine at way under W-S low, as Max points out. This site, W-S and CT can pretty quickly tell you what you need to know, if you don't know already.

Tim Dennis
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1431 Post by Tim Dennis »

With the coupons and Amex deals, I have been able to pick up some really good deals on wines I would have bought at higher prices elsewhere (with free shipping). Examples, showing my all-in prices including tax:

2018 Ridge Geyserville - $19
2018 Bevan Ontogeny - $50
2015 Pertimali (Livio Sassetti) Brunello di Montalcino - $29
2016 Marcarini Barolo La Serra - $32
2015 Cavallotto Barolo Bricco Boschis - $42
2019 Massican Annia - $17
2016 Poderi Luigi Einaudi Barolo Ludo - $27

DanielP
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1432 Post by DanielP »

2016 Fuligni BdM up for 95/bottle, 85/b on half-case, 77/b on a case.
P@ik

Rohit B

#1433 Post by Rohit B »

Had a Moundsman 2018 last night. Very good with a few hours of air.

Have to say, WineAccess NDA Napa cabs are an incredible value for the money.
13 h @ n

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1434 Post by Max S. »

Looks like they've got a 2015 Guigal Ex Voto Ermitage up. Wish that was in my price range...

5 w 0 m l 3 y

Jonathan Jaggers

#1435 Post by Jonathan Jaggers »

How often does WA tent to put up new promotions (e.g. 20% off)? I've used all the ones people have helpfully put up here, and this Amex Offer is burning a hole in my pocket - sure would be nice to get some more shaved off the purchase!

Sarah Kirschbaum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1436 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum »

I placed my first order with WineAccess recently, and went back today for another when the Amex bonus appeared. Then, of course, I auto-filled the payment section with a *different* credit card number! I called WineAccess as soon as they opened this morning, and they took care of it right away.

I'm so appreciative of places like this with great customer service!
Sort of ITB - my husband imports a small amount of sake and I help out

Sarah Kirschbaum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1437 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum »

Hold on - I just looked at the fine print on the Amex offer and it says this:
"Excludes for online orders delivered in the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming."

Does that mean the credit will not apply if the goods are delivered to 45 out of 50 states?

Sorry if this was covered before.

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1438 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f »

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote: April 1st, 2021, 9:18 am Hold on - I just looked at the fine print on the Amex offer and it says this:
"Excludes for online orders delivered in the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming."

Does that mean the credit will not apply if the goods are delivered to 45 out of 50 states?

Ouch. That's new (to me, anyway). I don't have the offer currently on my card, but the one time I did, I don't think it had this restriction. I certainly got the credit that time (a few months ago). If this is new, it's unwelcome news, but thanks for the warning!

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1439 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote: April 1st, 2021, 9:18 am Hold on - I just looked at the fine print on the Amex offer and it says this:

Amex does not see where the order was delivered, so you should be fine in theory. I've had many offers in the past that say things like "not valid for gift cards" or things like that, and then they work for gift cards. The purchase-level information is not generally propagated back to Amex.

Sarah Kirschbaum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1440 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum »

Chris Crutchfield wrote: April 1st, 2021, 9:39 am

Amex does not see where the order was delivered, so you should be fine in theory. I've had many offers in the past that say things like "not valid for gift cards" or things like that, and then they work for gift cards. The purchase-level information is not generally propagated back to Amex.
Thanks, Chris. That makes sense. I got a notice from Amex that the reward had been applied, but it also stated that credit was pending meeting the terms of the offer, so I wasn't fully reassured.

NealW

#1441 Post by NealW »

What is the recommended order of discount codes for a new customer? Is there anything that doesn’t stack with Amex or referral?
W e s s o n

Ed DiVito
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1442 Post by Ed DiVito »

I had a a bunch of Wine Access shipments out for delivery today. The UPS driver showed up, and I was surprised at how long it took him to exit his vehicle with my packages. After at least 5 minutes, he came to my door and explained to me that I was supposed to have 3 packages, but after searching the truck, he could only find two. He told me he would deliver the last package if it showed up at the end of his day, or perhaps another truck has it, and they will deliver it.

So I checked the tracking for the missing package, and this is what it said:

"The package has been damaged. All merchandise has been discarded and the sender will be notified."

Has anyone had similar issues? Should I reach out to Wine Access? Or wait for them to contact me? And unfortunately, I think several of the bottles are now out of stock on their website, so I might be out luck.

Jidhin R.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1443 Post by Jidhin R. »

I've had quite a few issues with the the ice packs they use causing lots of water damage to the box. The sheets and the labels are also damaged unless they put the wines in an individual sleeve but usually only on very expensive wines. Perhaps they saw a lot of water/liquid leaking out and assumed some bottles have busted.
Blips and Chitz!!!

Ramankutty

James D.

#1444 Post by James D. »

Huet's Le Haut-Lieu is back. Grabbed a case with the 100 off 250 for all-in of $26/btl
D o i t

rsmithjr

#1445 Post by rsmithjr »

My 5 bottles of Vista Diamond Mountain Reserve showed up yesterday. The UPS driver brought up my small package, I asked about the wine. He went back and sure enuff wine was in the truck. It came the day before but I was absent. Got to let it sit for at least 10 days.
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1446 Post by Max S. »

Looks like the 2016 Vignamaggio Monna Lisa Gran Selezione has been added as well. Looks like it's something I want to drink, too...

5 w 0 m l 3 y

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1447 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f »

Max S. wrote: April 1st, 2021, 3:25 pm Looks like the 2016 Vignamaggio Monna Lisa Gran Selezione has been added as well. Looks like it's something I want to drink, too...
This one's not showing for me. Maybe it's not available for every state? What's the pricing? I'm curious. Thanks.

Sarah Kirschbaum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1448 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum »

Has anyone been able to use the $100 off $250 deal recently? Over in the other coupon thread, it seems like most people have not found it works at the moment.

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1449 Post by Max S. »

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote: April 1st, 2021, 3:46 pm
Max S. wrote: April 1st, 2021, 3:25 pm Looks like the 2016 Vignamaggio Monna Lisa Gran Selezione has been added as well. Looks like it's something I want to drink, too...
This one's not showing for me. Maybe it's not available for every state? What's the pricing? I'm curious. Thanks.
$33/bottle direct link: https://www.wineaccess.com/catalog/2016 ... 705f80360/

Have you had it and is it worth grabbing?

5 w 0 m l 3 y

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1450 Post by Max S. »

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote: April 1st, 2021, 3:46 pm
Also, it says there are only 2 bottles available

5 w 0 m l 3 y

Return to “Wine Talk”