WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1784
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#901 Post by MatthewT » November 11th, 2020, 7:19 am

It's not the same wine, lol
I'm a Turk

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4403
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#902 Post by Peter C. » November 11th, 2020, 2:23 pm

Wow. 'Rated' the Off the Cuff 1 star months ago on their site, moreso as a reminder to me that I didn't enjoy it than anything else. Just felt it wasn't my style so didn't want to complain.

Received an email today out of the blue from customer service saying that they're crediting me for the bottle since I didn't enjoy it. I never emailed or contacted them other than the star ranking on their site.

Talk about proactive.
( z y ® y ( @

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1784
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#903 Post by MatthewT » November 11th, 2020, 2:48 pm

Peter C. wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 2:23 pm
Wow. 'Rated' the Off the Cuff 1 star months ago on their site, moreso as a reminder to me that I didn't enjoy it than anything else. Just felt it wasn't my style so didn't want to complain.

Received an email today out of the blue from customer service saying that they're crediting me for the bottle since I didn't enjoy it. I never emailed or contacted them other than the star ranking on their site.

Talk about proactive.
Company is amazing. Haha
I'm a Turk

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 39392
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#904 Post by Neal.Mollen » November 11th, 2020, 3:01 pm

My recent Amex offer is $20 off $200. Underwhelming, although it was impossible to imagine the 100/300 deal continuing. Oh well.
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1664
Joined: May 14th, 2016, 9:22 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#905 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f » November 11th, 2020, 3:01 pm

My first order from them was a pre-arrival so it hasn't shipped yet. My second order just shipped and I see it shipped from Latham, NY. I guess I was expecting CA, but NY is better for me in terms of avoiding heat. Do all their shipments originate in NY or are they one of the outfits that ships from multiple warehouses around the country?

David Chow
Posts: 23
Joined: October 23rd, 2020, 5:36 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#906 Post by David Chow » November 11th, 2020, 3:28 pm

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 3:01 pm
My first order from them was a pre-arrival so it hasn't shipped yet. My second order just shipped and I see it shipped from Latham, NY. I guess I was expecting CA, but NY is better for me in terms of avoiding heat. Do all their shipments originate in NY or are they one of the outfits that ships from multiple warehouses around the country?
Definitely not all. I'm just speaking for my orders from WA...and they all have been shipped from Vacaville, CA to my work office in San Jose, CA.

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4403
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#907 Post by Peter C. » November 11th, 2020, 3:36 pm

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 3:01 pm
My first order from them was a pre-arrival so it hasn't shipped yet. My second order just shipped and I see it shipped from Latham, NY. I guess I was expecting CA, but NY is better for me in terms of avoiding heat. Do all their shipments originate in NY or are they one of the outfits that ships from multiple warehouses around the country?
Mine ship from Latham, NY. I'm in the Boston area.

It's typically 1.5 days in transit for me, ships late day prior, arrives whenever UPS or FedEx get it to me. I shipped during heat of summer due to the short turnaround and the fact that they shipped with 1 -2 ice packs, depending on shipment size.
( z y ® y ( @

Michael_H
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 109
Joined: December 28th, 2018, 10:29 am

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#908 Post by Michael_H » November 12th, 2020, 8:18 am

Peter C. wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 3:36 pm
D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 3:01 pm
My first order from them was a pre-arrival so it hasn't shipped yet. My second order just shipped and I see it shipped from Latham, NY. I guess I was expecting CA, but NY is better for me in terms of avoiding heat. Do all their shipments originate in NY or are they one of the outfits that ships from multiple warehouses around the country?
Mine ship from Latham, NY. I'm in the Boston area.

It's typically 1.5 days in transit for me, ships late day prior, arrives whenever UPS or FedEx get it to me. I shipped during heat of summer due to the short turnaround and the fact that they shipped with 1 -2 ice packs, depending on shipment size.
I think it may be just those two warehouses, you will even see different stock available on the website. It seems to be an east of the mississippi vs west of the mississippi breakdown. I'm in Chicago and always receive shipments from NY.
M!ch@el H3nd0n

K. Tr@n
Posts: 183
Joined: July 14th, 2019, 2:47 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#909 Post by K. Tr@n » November 12th, 2020, 8:15 pm

Tried the 2018 commission. It is better than any of the 2018 editorial. Better than all but 2 bottles of the 2018 yesterday oakville. balanced, nice fruit profile, on the palate, a lot of tobacco, leather, very long finish. drink like a really good $70-100 cab with upward potential.
went back and got a case.
FI. h @ ñ 9

David Chow
Posts: 23
Joined: October 23rd, 2020, 5:36 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#910 Post by David Chow » November 12th, 2020, 9:28 pm

K. Tr@n wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 8:15 pm
Tried the 2018 commission. It is better than any of the 2018 editorial. Better than all but 2 bottles of the 2018 yesterday oakville. balanced, nice fruit profile, on the palate, a lot of tobacco, leather, very long finish. drink like a really good $70-100 cab with upward potential.
went back and got a case.
I wasn't thinking of ordering since I got 1.5 case of The Ringer (which I think is identical to Commission). You've convinced me though...just ordered 1/2 case of Commission. Perhaps, I'll do a side by side comparison between the two and put the debate to rest. Lol.

K. Tr@n
Posts: 183
Joined: July 14th, 2019, 2:47 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#911 Post by K. Tr@n » November 12th, 2020, 10:17 pm

David Chow wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 9:28 pm
K. Tr@n wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 8:15 pm
Tried the 2018 commission. It is better than any of the 2018 editorial. Better than all but 2 bottles of the 2018 yesterday oakville. balanced, nice fruit profile, on the palate, a lot of tobacco, leather, very long finish. drink like a really good $70-100 cab with upward potential.
went back and got a case.
I wasn't thinking of ordering since I got 1.5 case of The Ringer (which I think is identical to Commission). You've convinced me though...just ordered 1/2 case of Commission. Perhaps, I'll do a side by side comparison between the two and put the debate to rest. Lol.
Please do that and let us know. I am hoping Commission doesn't have as much bottle variation as some of the private label I have been drinking.
FI. h @ ñ 9

David Crow
Posts: 135
Joined: September 30th, 2016, 8:22 am

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#912 Post by David Crow » November 13th, 2020, 10:02 am

David Chow wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 9:28 pm
K. Tr@n wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 8:15 pm
Tried the 2018 commission. It is better than any of the 2018 editorial. Better than all but 2 bottles of the 2018 yesterday oakville. balanced, nice fruit profile, on the palate, a lot of tobacco, leather, very long finish. drink like a really good $70-100 cab with upward potential.
went back and got a case.
I wasn't thinking of ordering since I got 1.5 case of The Ringer (which I think is identical to Commission). You've convinced me though...just ordered 1/2 case of Commission. Perhaps, I'll do a side by side comparison between the two and put the debate to rest. Lol.
I’m surprised the Commission hasn’t sold out yet. I think the Ringer and some of their other “$500 for $35” offers have sold out in just a couple of days. I wonder how many cases they have of these?

User avatar
Tyler F.
Posts: 172
Joined: June 22nd, 2019, 10:41 am

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#913 Post by Tyler F. » November 13th, 2020, 10:16 am

I had zero intention of buying more private label WA wines, but grabbed a half case of Commission and another half case of the 2018 Bedrock OVZ. After credits and tax, it was $100 to my door. Hard to complain there!
Tyler Fabian

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4403
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#914 Post by Peter C. » November 13th, 2020, 11:01 am

Tyler F. wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 10:16 am
I had zero intention of buying more private label WA wines, but grabbed a half case of Commission and another half case of the 2018 Bedrock OVZ. After credits and tax, it was $100 to my door. Hard to complain there!
They're batting about .900 for private labels - only bad one I've had is Off the Cuff...may not have been my style.
( z y ® y ( @

User avatar
Tyler F.
Posts: 172
Joined: June 22nd, 2019, 10:41 am

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#915 Post by Tyler F. » November 13th, 2020, 11:25 am

Peter C. wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 11:01 am
Tyler F. wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 10:16 am
I had zero intention of buying more private label WA wines, but grabbed a half case of Commission and another half case of the 2018 Bedrock OVZ. After credits and tax, it was $100 to my door. Hard to complain there!
They're batting about .900 for private labels - only bad one I've had is Off the Cuff...may not have been my style.
I still have 5 each of the Yesterday Oakville and 2018 Editorial, so that's the only reason. I've really enjoyed them, but storage space is a premium right now.
Tyler Fabian

Kevin Patrick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 264
Joined: March 24th, 2009, 4:40 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#916 Post by Kevin Patrick » November 13th, 2020, 11:40 am

I finished off the 2018 Yesterday Howell Mountain last night. I had Coravined a glass five days earlier. It drank wonderfully.

Poured it following a 2007 Karl Lawrence Reserve Herb Lamb Vineyard. It was obviously younger and more fruit forward but the quality held up shoulder to shoulder with the vintage Napa.

I am extremely pleased with the Yesterday Howell Mountain but we will have to see if I experience the bottle variation down the line that others have described.

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 435
Joined: February 13th, 2020, 8:37 am
Location: NYC

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#917 Post by Mike R » November 13th, 2020, 6:22 pm

Had another of the 2016 Concept Album. Really like this wine a lot.

Bought a half a case of the Commission - really the last of these I intend to buy.
... 0 p 3 r

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4403
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#918 Post by Peter C. » November 13th, 2020, 6:35 pm

Mike R wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 6:22 pm
Had another of the 2016 Concept Album. Really like this wine a lot.

Bought a half a case of the Commission - really the last of these I intend to buy.
Concept is excellent, especially if you decant it.
( z y ® y ( @

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1784
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#919 Post by MatthewT » November 13th, 2020, 6:43 pm

Mike R wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 6:22 pm
Had another of the 2016 Concept Album. Really like this wine a lot.

Bought a half a case of the Commission - really the last of these I intend to buy.
yet every other week they have a new one! i'm hard done.
I'm a Turk

User avatar
DavidChang
Posts: 32
Joined: September 22nd, 2020, 8:32 am

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#920 Post by DavidChang » November 14th, 2020, 1:22 am

Is Karo Kann a private label of theirs? Couldn't find anything on this vineyard

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 435
Joined: February 13th, 2020, 8:37 am
Location: NYC

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#921 Post by Mike R » November 14th, 2020, 4:40 am

MatthewT wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 6:43 pm
Mike R wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 6:22 pm
Had another of the 2016 Concept Album. Really like this wine a lot.

Bought a half a case of the Commission - really the last of these I intend to buy.
yet every other week they have a new one! i'm hard done.
Since I first said I wanted to stop buying these I have purchased an additional 18 bottles of Wine Access private label, and another 5 cases of De Negoce! Based on our current rate of consumption, it is going to take me roughly 4 years to drink all of these, assuming I drink nothing else.
... 0 p 3 r

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 435
Joined: February 13th, 2020, 8:37 am
Location: NYC

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#922 Post by Mike R » November 14th, 2020, 4:41 am

Peter C. wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 6:35 pm
Mike R wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 6:22 pm
Had another of the 2016 Concept Album. Really like this wine a lot.

Bought a half a case of the Commission - really the last of these I intend to buy.
Concept is excellent, especially if you decant it.
It is my favorite so far (other than one or two bottles of the Yesterday) and has had zero bottle variation.
... 0 p 3 r

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1784
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#923 Post by MatthewT » November 14th, 2020, 7:20 am

Mike R wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 4:40 am
MatthewT wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 6:43 pm
Mike R wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 6:22 pm
Had another of the 2016 Concept Album. Really like this wine a lot.

Bought a half a case of the Commission - really the last of these I intend to buy.
yet every other week they have a new one! i'm hard done.
Since I first said I wanted to stop buying these I have purchased an additional 18 bottles of Wine Access private label, and another 5 cases of De Negoce! Based on our current rate of consumption, it is going to take me roughly 4 years to drink all of these, assuming I drink nothing else.
One very easy solution for this...

Drink more.
I'm a Turk

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 471
Joined: March 16th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Location: Denver

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#924 Post by Max S. » November 14th, 2020, 11:35 am

MatthewT wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 7:20 am

One very easy solution for this...

Drink more.
Pusher [rofl.gif]
5 w 0 m l 3 y

HoosJustinG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 439
Joined: January 18th, 2020, 9:30 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#925 Post by HoosJustinG » November 15th, 2020, 1:29 pm

Just picked up a case of ‘16 Smith-Madrone Riesling at $22/pop all in. Case price is $25/ea, then 10% wine club discount = $270 on the case + $14.31 tax here in VA. After Amex $20 off $200, price per bottle is ~$22 delivered.

Wine club sends drinkable wine - I’m “meh” on the value of the club itself, but certainly not outraged - but the 10% off every order is the kicker for me — just have to pick and choose when they have something priced well vs. using it as an excuse to just buy *something* to use the discount.
I'm a good man ... in fact, it's my last name

Michael R Fox
Posts: 22
Joined: September 8th, 2020, 1:15 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#926 Post by Michael R Fox » November 16th, 2020, 7:02 pm

2017 Joseph Phelps Innisfree

Baby isignia?? Anyone have any experience in this bottling or vintage ? Just popped up on wine access

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 435
Joined: February 13th, 2020, 8:37 am
Location: NYC

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#927 Post by Mike R » November 20th, 2020, 6:28 pm

Popped a Commission right off the truck - it’s really good. Well balanced with very bold flavors, blue and black fruit with a touch of baking spice, leather, and vanilla. Super smooth integrated tannins with a long finish. Wish I bought more of this.
... 0 p 3 r

YLee
Posts: 2006
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 8:09 am

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#928 Post by YLee » November 20th, 2020, 6:44 pm

Mike R wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 6:28 pm
Popped a Commission right off the truck - it’s really good. Well balanced with very bold flavors, blue and black fruit with a touch of baking spice, leather, and vanilla. Super smooth integrated tannins with a long finish. Wish I bought more of this.
6 people I know drank this and they all liked it as well. First thing they said was "very smooth".
-¥ 0 ñ 9

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2841
Joined: September 17th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#929 Post by Nate Simon » November 20th, 2020, 6:57 pm

Neal.Mollen wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 3:01 pm
My recent Amex offer is $20 off $200. Underwhelming, although it was impossible to imagine the 100/300 deal continuing. Oh well.
Yeah, I was happy to see it pop up again on my offers, but then saw the de facto 10% off. Not enough to motivate a buy.

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4403
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#930 Post by Peter C. » November 21st, 2020, 6:10 am

Nate Simon wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 6:57 pm
Neal.Mollen wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 3:01 pm
My recent Amex offer is $20 off $200. Underwhelming, although it was impossible to imagine the 100/300 deal continuing. Oh well.
Yeah, I was happy to see it pop up again on my offers, but then saw the de facto 10% off. Not enough to motivate a buy.
Well it's another 10% off which isn't compelling on its own but you can use promos with it, so if you have a $50/200 or $50/150 laying around now you're cooking with gas. Just gotta make sure your out the door, charged to AMEX total is $200+ of course, to trigger the $20/200 statement credit.
( z y ® y ( @

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2841
Joined: September 17th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#931 Post by Nate Simon » November 21st, 2020, 12:26 pm

Peter C. wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 6:10 am
Nate Simon wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 6:57 pm
Neal.Mollen wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 3:01 pm
My recent Amex offer is $20 off $200. Underwhelming, although it was impossible to imagine the 100/300 deal continuing. Oh well.
Yeah, I was happy to see it pop up again on my offers, but then saw the de facto 10% off. Not enough to motivate a buy.
Well it's another 10% off which isn't compelling on its own but you can use promos with it, so if you have a $50/200 or $50/150 laying around now you're cooking with gas. Just gotta make sure your out the door, charged to AMEX total is $200+ of course, to trigger the $20/200 statement credit.
All of those 50/150 promotions I have seen have been just for new customers. Are you aware of some that existing customers can use?

User avatar
rsmithjr
Posts: 338
Joined: December 8th, 2015, 11:25 am
Location: Troy, Mich

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#932 Post by rsmithjr » November 21st, 2020, 12:44 pm

I got my 4 Yesterdays Oakville, 2 bedrock and 4 Concept Album (16). Just sitting on the Yesterdays to come around. May try one at Christmas.
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

User avatar
rsmithjr
Posts: 338
Joined: December 8th, 2015, 11:25 am
Location: Troy, Mich

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#933 Post by rsmithjr » November 21st, 2020, 12:46 pm

DavidChang wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 1:22 am
Is Karo Kann a private label of theirs? Couldn't find anything on this vineyard
Yes, and its not that great....hard pass....
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

K. Tr@n
Posts: 183
Joined: July 14th, 2019, 2:47 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#934 Post by K. Tr@n » November 21st, 2020, 1:38 pm

rsmithjr wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 12:44 pm
I got my 4 Yesterdays Oakville, 2 bedrock and 4 Concept Album (16). Just sitting on the Yesterdays to come around. May try one at Christmas.
Lol, why? If you are lucky, only 1/4 maybe turn out to be good.
FI. h @ ñ 9

User avatar
rsmithjr
Posts: 338
Joined: December 8th, 2015, 11:25 am
Location: Troy, Mich

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#935 Post by rsmithjr » November 21st, 2020, 2:16 pm

K. Tr@n wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 1:38 pm
rsmithjr wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 12:44 pm
I got my 4 Yesterdays Oakville, 2 bedrock and 4 Concept Album (16). Just sitting on the Yesterdays to come around. May try one at Christmas.
Lol, why? If you are lucky, only 1/4 maybe turn out to be good.
Well Im hoping 4/4 but the real reason is to let them get over shock.
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

K. Tr@n
Posts: 183
Joined: July 14th, 2019, 2:47 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#936 Post by K. Tr@n » November 21st, 2020, 2:22 pm

rsmithjr wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 2:16 pm
K. Tr@n wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 1:38 pm
rsmithjr wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 12:44 pm
I got my 4 Yesterdays Oakville, 2 bedrock and 4 Concept Album (16). Just sitting on the Yesterdays to come around. May try one at Christmas.
Lol, why? If you are lucky, only 1/4 maybe turn out to be good.
Well Im hoping 4/4 but the real reason is to let them get over shock.
Since there are many reports of really good bottles, the shock is done. Now, the bottle variation, which is the main issue here. That doesn't help with age. No amount of aging will help with average bottles. So say you wait a few years, open your first one and it taste meh, what do you do? Open another?
FI. h @ ñ 9

John L Hall
Posts: 61
Joined: November 20th, 2019, 9:03 am

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#937 Post by John L Hall » November 21st, 2020, 4:23 pm

Re: yesterday - But why would you want to open a 2018 cab now that turned out to be good quality but not ready to drink? It’s very likely not going to be ready even with tons of air. I’d rather wait and open a couple if one is bad as a result of bottle variation. Yeah, there’s a potential waste of cellar/cooler space for bad bottles, but that’s the lesser of two evils in my mind.

Glad to hear people are liking the Commission. Grabbed 3/4 case.

John

User avatar
Eric White
Posts: 496
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 3:28 pm
Location: Banks, OR

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#938 Post by Eric White » November 21st, 2020, 5:04 pm

FWIW, the current offer for Kinfolk - the quote clearly identifies the source as Dominus ( Lisa Perrotti-Brown quote for the 2016 vintage). I'm passing, I've got enough private label stuff for a while.

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4403
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#939 Post by Peter C. » November 21st, 2020, 5:16 pm

Nate Simon wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 12:26 pm
Peter C. wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 6:10 am
Nate Simon wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 6:57 pm


Yeah, I was happy to see it pop up again on my offers, but then saw the de facto 10% off. Not enough to motivate a buy.
Well it's another 10% off which isn't compelling on its own but you can use promos with it, so if you have a $50/200 or $50/150 laying around now you're cooking with gas. Just gotta make sure your out the door, charged to AMEX total is $200+ of course, to trigger the $20/200 statement credit.
All of those 50/150 promotions I have seen have been just for new customers. Are you aware of some that existing customers can use?
My bad [oops.gif] - referral code is in my head. 30/100 and 50/200s and a 20% off your entire order are all game for existing customers.
( z y ® y ( @

David Crow
Posts: 135
Joined: September 30th, 2016, 8:22 am

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#940 Post by David Crow » November 21st, 2020, 6:26 pm

Peter C. wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 5:16 pm
Nate Simon wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 12:26 pm
Peter C. wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 6:10 am


Well it's another 10% off which isn't compelling on its own but you can use promos with it, so if you have a $50/200 or $50/150 laying around now you're cooking with gas. Just gotta make sure your out the door, charged to AMEX total is $200+ of course, to trigger the $20/200 statement credit.
All of those 50/150 promotions I have seen have been just for new customers. Are you aware of some that existing customers can use?
My bad [oops.gif] - referral code is in my head. 30/100 and 50/200s and a 20% off your entire order are all game for existing customers.
How do existing customers access those codes?

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4403
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#941 Post by Peter C. » November 21st, 2020, 6:34 pm

David Crow wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 6:26 pm
Peter C. wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 5:16 pm
Nate Simon wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 12:26 pm


All of those 50/150 promotions I have seen have been just for new customers. Are you aware of some that existing customers can use?
My bad [oops.gif] - referral code is in my head. 30/100 and 50/200s and a 20% off your entire order are all game for existing customers.
How do existing customers access those codes?
Search upthread. It's via links that you click and add to your account. We really should keep a running list of links like the generic coupon thread. I'll work on it Monday . [cheers.gif]
( z y ® y ( @

User avatar
rsmithjr
Posts: 338
Joined: December 8th, 2015, 11:25 am
Location: Troy, Mich

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#942 Post by rsmithjr » November 22nd, 2020, 4:33 am

K. Tr@n wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 2:22 pm
rsmithjr wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 2:16 pm
K. Tr@n wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 1:38 pm


Lol, why? If you are lucky, only 1/4 maybe turn out to be good.
Well Im hoping 4/4 but the real reason is to let them get over shock.
Since there are many reports of really good bottles, the shock is done. Now, the bottle variation, which is the main issue here. That doesn't help with age. No amount of aging will help with average bottles. So say you wait a few years, open your first one and it taste meh, what do you do? Open another?
Tasting reviews mention the wine is still very young. Hoping it will smooth out.
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

User avatar
David Kaufman
Posts: 977
Joined: January 17th, 2012, 6:32 pm
Location: Scottsdale & OC

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#943 Post by David Kaufman » November 27th, 2020, 10:11 am

I have a $50 off $150 credit from signing up via another member’s referral. I also have a couple $50 off credits from sharing my link with friends that signed up and made purchases.

I was stockpiling my credits for use on BF but now when I go to checkout, only my $50 off credits that I received from friends signing up appears in my cart. My initial $50 off $150 shows in my account but isn’t being applied to my cart.

Is there a limit on number of credits that can be applied to a single order?

Morgan S
Posts: 29
Joined: October 8th, 2020, 7:14 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#944 Post by Morgan S » November 27th, 2020, 2:10 pm

They got a 2017 Hidden Ridge Vineyard looks like they updated Concept Album and named it after vineyard
S i n g

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 471
Joined: March 16th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Location: Denver

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#945 Post by Max S. » November 27th, 2020, 2:12 pm

Morgan S wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 2:10 pm
They got a 2017 Hidden Ridge Vineyard looks like they updated Concept Album and named it after vineyard
They said its the same juice as Immortal Estate if I read that correctly.
5 w 0 m l 3 y

User avatar
Tyler F.
Posts: 172
Joined: June 22nd, 2019, 10:41 am

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#946 Post by Tyler F. » November 27th, 2020, 5:30 pm

Popped a 2018 Commission tonight. I like it better than the Yesterday Oakville and out of the gate more than the 2018 Editorial. I think with more time, the Editorial may end up as the best of the 3, but this Commission has me interested in grabbing another 6 bottles. I really dig it, although it's only been in the glass for 45 mins. Will report back if anything significant changes.
Tyler Fabian

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 39392
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#947 Post by Neal.Mollen » November 28th, 2020, 1:01 pm

"Three Wine Co.’s Biggest, Darkest Red Ever." Is this supposed to make the wine appealing?
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

David Chow
Posts: 23
Joined: October 23rd, 2020, 5:36 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#948 Post by David Chow » November 29th, 2020, 10:38 am

Radio Silence 2018 just showed up on WA. Picked up 1/2 case; would have picked up more but already got too many The Ringer and Commission. Any care to guess the source? Is it Screaming Eagle?

https://www.wineaccess.com/catalog/2018 ... cfbdd3587/

David Crow
Posts: 135
Joined: September 30th, 2016, 8:22 am

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#949 Post by David Crow » November 29th, 2020, 12:11 pm

David Chow wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 10:38 am
Radio Silence 2018 just showed up on WA. Picked up 1/2 case; would have picked up more but already got too many The Ringer and Commission. Any care to guess the source? Is it Screaming Eagle?

https://www.wineaccess.com/catalog/2018 ... cfbdd3587/
Based on the description I’m 99% sure Radio Silence is from Realm grapes (see way upthread for the reasoning). I tried a bottle a few weeks ago and it was excellent.

On a related note, I had a bottle of The Ringer last night and it was fantastic. Easily tasted like a $75-$100 wine.

David Chow
Posts: 23
Joined: October 23rd, 2020, 5:36 pm

Re: WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc.

#950 Post by David Chow » November 29th, 2020, 12:22 pm

David Crow wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 12:11 pm
David Chow wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 10:38 am
Radio Silence 2018 just showed up on WA. Picked up 1/2 case; would have picked up more but already got too many The Ringer and Commission. Any care to guess the source? Is it Screaming Eagle?

https://www.wineaccess.com/catalog/2018 ... cfbdd3587/
Based on the description I’m 99% sure Radio Silence is from Realm grapes (see way upthread for the reasoning). I tried a bottle a few weeks ago and it was excellent.

On a related note, I had a bottle of The Ringer last night and it was fantastic. Easily tasted like a $75-$100 wine.
Glad you like The Ringer too. It was easily one of my favorite purchases of the year.

The Radio Silence you tried, are you sure it was the 2018? Or was it the 2017? What they are selling now is the 2018.

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”