TN: 2012 Thierry Allemand Cornas Chaillot (France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Cornas)

• 2012 Thierry Allemand Cornas Chaillot - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Cornas (8/12/2020)
    Starts off with a bit of meaty funk. It has a core of raspberry and black cherry fruit. There are decaying rose notes and plenty of earth. It really gets going towards the back half of the bottle, with plenty of engaging florals coming to the fore. It has good depth and ample structure and is just starting to take on some development traits.

Posted from CellarTracker

Dude. Is Allemand your house red??? :wink:

I’d like it to be.

making me want to open some allemand tmrw!

Note sounds delicious, and in line with the Allemand I have had. At the risk of stirring the pot, it could also be a description of a few US$30 Gattinara as well.

Allemand’s 12 are my favorite of his post 2010 vintages. I’ve had real trouble keeping my hands off them, especially the Reynards.

And the ‘12 Reynard cost 1/3 the price of ‘15 and ‘16 and remained available to purchase for so long that it was almost a vinous obligation to continue rescuing orphan bottles. I have not opened any ‘12s and am thrilled to read your enthusiastic endorsement.

I’m generally in favor of rescuing every bottle of Reynard from every retail shelf :grinning:

Then we collectively adopted a lot of orphan bottles from 2012 vintage!
Bravo!