TN: 1999 Perot-Minot Mazoyeres-Chambertin

Still inky blue-red to the rim. Nose of iron and animal blood. No distinct fruit aromas at all. Bitter in the mouth and bitter unresolved tannins. A classic example of an over-extracted wine that will never really improve. Not really drinkable (by me at least).

Sorry to hear about this one, David,
I’ve never had one of their GC’s, but surprised at the lack of fruit. Holding most of my '99 GC’s right now.

Cheers,
Josh

Had a superb Lignier MSD v. vignes 1999 last night…very extracted…but delicious and well balanced with acidty and some tannins. Beautiful stuff…I’m “holding” '99s…but trying them little by little to see if I should.

This comes from a time that he really liked extraction .
You should taste his wines now , they are among the 5 best producers in Burgundy imho . Purity , freshness and inner concentration . Magical wines

Yes, a big shift in winemaking style. I could not drink the wines of that period.

Interesting. When and why did this transition happen? Was it a father - son/daughter change?

Agreed Kelly. I’ve sampled some recent vintages and really liked them - hope to visit the domaine at some point soon. CHEERS

Good to hear about the recent shift, Kelly and Jonathan. Any views on “best” recent vintages, or from when the shift was embedded?

Recent? Was around 2007 - all a matter of perspective, I suppose :slight_smile:

Yes , around 2007 . And all his vintages produced great wines since say 2010 .

I thought the '05s were great, and really good AM reviews as well…