TN: 2006 Domaine Méo-Camuzet Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Aux Boudots

• 2006 Domaine Méo-Camuzet Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Aux Boudots - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru (7/15/2020)
    Starts off with some meaty reduction. Breathes up beautifully and shows luscious red berry fruit coupled with notes of musk and sweet earth. It has good volume and a velvety feel against the gums. The spice laden finish really fans out.

Posted from CellarTracker

Has Méo’s style changed at all over the years? I’ve just got one bottle of their '17 Vosne Villages but have read that they are quite stern and need age.

It has been my experience that the wines show stem inclusion, rich, dark fruit and often drink well young. They are quite opulent, in the mould of Dujac and l’Arlot.

Thanks, Jeremy. I have one bottle each of a couple of '06 Chambolles…how far along was this bottle on its evolutionary curve? I like my Burgs with aged complexity and suppleness and figured these wouldn’t be really ready until 2030 or so.

I’d leave them for a few more years Marshall.

Sean, I wouldn’t call the house style stern at all. Usually quite plush and generous on release. They certainly shut down and are capable of long aging.