Just came in the email: Reminder- EMH Black Cat Appreciation Day - August 17

The morning is off to a good start- Just hit my mailbox between projects and meetings… [cheers.gif] Looking forward for some purrrrect wines!

EMH will be celebrating our Black Cat inspirations by lowering prices on your favorite Black Cat wines for just 24 hours.

National Black Cat Appreciation Day
Monday, August 17th, 2020
12:00 a.m. until 11:59 p.m.

Now I know how to celebrate the fall! meat and outstanding cab [dance-clap.gif] even if only at home.

Yay! I opened the email with a reminder message that the reminder that the sale starts tonight at midnight. Great match for today’s weather and steak [cheers.gif] Time for some purring cab [dance-clap.gif]

Looking forward to it. Purr-fect. The Black Cat is another family favorite.

Any recommendations for a first time buyer? I’ve wanted to try these, seems like a great opportunity.

If any vintage of Special Selection is on sale, it’s a delicious step up. [cheers.gif]

I have had almost a case of the 2011 Classic so far, and even though that was seemingly a horrible year for Napa, I find that wine has the profile of a classic bordeaux. We recently tried the 2011 Special edition and actually preferred the classic to it. To me, the 2012 has much more fruit than 2011, and I think it needs longer in the bottle to realize its full potential, but the 2011 to me is just an awesome wine. I plan to load up on whatever Merrill offers us though, such a good cabernet.

I haven’t had a bad wine from EMH yet, but would say that if you want the full range, try both 2013s (classic and special) and then the 2011 classic. It reflects the vintage really well - it’s more spicey and savory than other years, and it’s great on its own. (I dig the others on their own or with a steak.)

Order in! Thank you Merrill!

Order in. Sent an email to change the ship to address from what PayPal had saved. Thanks!

Order in–thanks!

In for a mixed half case. Nice opportunity to backfill some missing vintages! I like that shipping is included, I know it shouldn’t but it feels like I’m getting a deal when I don’t have to “pay extra”. [thankyou.gif]

That’s a big plus.

For back vintages and shipping included it sure is a deal specially when you compare it to some of the board darlings.

Order is in, and this now replaces Geyserville as the deepest vertical in my collection [dance-clap.gif]

I jumped on this as well. I’m not sure why anyone was poo pooing the location as, per Google earth, it’s maybe a few hundred feet from Eisele. But yes, it is indeed a small winery, which makes these even cooler as it reminds me of a Burgundy producer.

Convinced me to grab a couple 2011 Classics. I’ve really been enjoying well made 2011s, both for the classic bordeaux profile and attractive pricing relative to more heralded vintages.

I got the save the date email on Sunday, but nothing since then. Good thing for this thread, I can see the deals are still available on the website.

Glad to be of service.

I was torn about ordering more wine, and put it off till tonight, but ended up ordering another case of various vintages. I am looking forward to comparing the 2013 and newer vintages to the 2011 and 2012 now. Thanks again Merrill for having this offer.

I couldn’t pass up some 14s and 15s for $55 each.

My collection of cats is growing. I need to start opening some of them.

Meow!