SQN and hotmail

I just spoke to Amber over at SQN and it seems that if you have a hotmail email, you are not receiving any email from them. Quite bizarre.

Just an FYI for those people like myself who are on the list but never received the invite

Here I thought I was the only person left on the planet with a Hotmail account! My very first, other than my old university email.

Hotmail? Jeez. Are you still using Internet Explorer, as well?

Not quite as bad as an AOL email account, but pretty darn close.

You’ll need Netscape Navigator running Windows ME on a Gateway 2000.

I gave them my gmail account, funny I recall using netscape navigator

My very exact thoughts.

I use hotmail. It is vintage chic.

If you know them, there’s a process to request a review by the hotmail team: Sign in to your account

I am in the same boat… love my “vintage” email account (I have it since 98 maybe)

I use Outlook and just started using it on Microsoft Edge platform on my MacPro. No email with save the date. No receipt from my purchase. I emailed Amber, not sure if that went through either as I have not heard back. I have a receipt on the website. If I don’t hear back I will call and use a different email address.

Not SQN, but recently tried to log into an allocation from a producer I have been doing business with for over 12 years. Got the message “our new site doesn’t support your browser”. Am I changing my browser or just passing on this producer? The later. My browser works for everything else I do.

Hotmail/Microsoft are notorious for spurious bans of senders. Their review process is ragged and ineffective, and I am sceptical that they adhere to the IETF’s RFCs on correct practice with respect to operating email servers.

If you care about overall deliverability, switch to another provider.

This may well be a SQN problem but it’ll be difficult for them to solve given how uncooperative microsoft are in cases like this.

These Hotmail and AOL Luddites were also the same antediluvian dorks who used those then-newfangled e-mail accounts to buy now-rare Bordeaux and Burgundy wines for $50 per bottle, when nobody cared about them.

With unspent disposable income, they then used those e-mail accounts to sign up for online brokerage accounts and bought equity mutual funds. [snort.gif]

FWIW I have an @yahoo.com email account and also did not get my SQN offer allocation email today until 2:45pm - Amber and Stacy said in addition to the hotmail issue - their emails are just not getting distributed as fast. Luckily, I just logged on to my SQN account using a prior email with a link directly into my allocation.

Anyone else with @yahoo.com email account address also get a delayed allocation email?

Its a google world…gmail rules!

Hotmail is still alive, thanks to microsoft buying/running it. It can be a pain to send email to hotmail recipients tho due to spam issues.

If you have a hotmail account…it is possible to set it up so email from a specific email address, or any email address from a specific domain, will not be classified as spam by hotmail. But the hotmail account owner has to set this up, and correctly…a gauntlet for sure! :slight_smile:

Note that looking in your hotmail spam folder and finding an email that you want and clicking the ‘Not Spam’ button will have NO EFFECT on how future emails like that will be treated. You have to go into the ‘admin’ portion of your hotmail acct to set up what I mentioned in the prior paragraph. If it’s not clear to you how to do this, shoot me a PM and I’ll help.

The last SQN email I got letting me know I was never going to get off the waitlist was ~2018. There was no unsubscribe option on the email. I pulled up their privacy policy and sent a request to be removed to the email listed. I got this response:

Delivery incomplete
There was a temporary problem delivering your message to SQN@sinequanon.com. Gmail will retry for 46 more hours. You’ll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.
LEARN MORE
The response was:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at Fix bounced or rejected emails - Gmail Help [sinequanon.com. 67.210.118.79: timed out]

I have no idea if this problem is unique to SQN, but it should not be surprising at all that an email provider would wholesale block them. I have to wonder how many people have flagged their email as spam. Let alone the privacy act issues here.

I still have hotmail. My first email address. No sense changing now

my mother stlll has aol

Yep. It’s “natural email”. Like, from before all these modernist internet security interventions.

anyone using a Commodore 64 P.C is having troubles too.