TN: 2006 Turley Zinfandel Hayne Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena)

• 2006 Turley Zinfandel Hayne Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena (7/31/2020)
    15.7% abv. Medium-dark ruby, extremely expressive aromas. Cherry, cran-apple, blue fruit, cinnamon, a little tobacco and sage. Great depth, length and mouthfeel. The high alcohol remains in the background. Very fine intensity and focus. In a good place - the primary flavors here are transitioning to secondary very gracefully. I’ve enjoyed older Haynes, but this is in a great place for drinking right now and over the next several years. (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Sounds awesome! I have a ‘16 and will be surprised if I make it to 14 years of laying it down.

Phil, that was the last bottle of my oldest Hayne. I’ve had excellent Hayne Zins that were more than 14 years old, so I shouldn’t have been surprised at how well it aged, but I was. The bottle probably has another decade of enjoyable drinking in front of it. Absolutely delicious and seemed to improve throughout the evening. About a third of the bottle remains, which I’ll revisit tonight.

Had a wonderful 07 that clocked in at 16.2 and pretty well balanced. The 13 is an absolute rock star!
Thanks for the note. [cheers.gif]