TN: 2006 Turley Zinfandel Hayne Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
M. Dildine
GCC Member
GCC Member

TN: 2006 Turley Zinfandel Hayne Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena)

#1 Post by M. Dildine » July 31st, 2020, 4:03 pm

• 2006 Turley Zinfandel Hayne Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena (7/31/2020)
    15.7% abv. Medium-dark ruby, extremely expressive aromas. Cherry, cran-apple, blue fruit, cinnamon, a little tobacco and sage. Great depth, length and mouthfeel. The high alcohol remains in the background. Very fine intensity and focus. In a good place - the primary flavors here are transitioning to secondary very gracefully. I've enjoyed older Haynes, but this is in a great place for drinking right now and over the next several years. (95 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker

P Turk
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: 2006 Turley Zinfandel Hayne Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena)

#2 Post by P Turk » July 31st, 2020, 6:37 pm

Sounds awesome! I have a ‘16 and will be surprised if I make it to 14 years of laying it down.
Phil

M. Dildine
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: 2006 Turley Zinfandel Hayne Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena)

#3 Post by M. Dildine » August 1st, 2020, 6:00 am

Phil, that was the last bottle of my oldest Hayne. I've had excellent Hayne Zins that were more than 14 years old, so I shouldn't have been surprised at how well it aged, but I was. The bottle probably has another decade of enjoyable drinking in front of it. Absolutely delicious and seemed to improve throughout the evening. About a third of the bottle remains, which I'll revisit tonight.
Cheers,

Mike

B. Buzzini
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by B. Buzzini » August 1st, 2020, 8:47 am

Had a wonderful 07 that clocked in at 16.2 and pretty well balanced. The 13 is an absolute rock star!
Thanks for the note. [cheers.gif]
Meursault-head!

B. = Brian

Return to “Wine Talk”