Shipping wine (SQN) from USA to The Netherlands

Hi all, after a very long wait I now finally made it onto the SQN list! So I am excited, and will buy the wines. However, now the next challenge comes: how do I get these wines in good condition to The Netherlands? Does anyone have tips/suggestions? I haven’t asked the winery yet, but that could also be a good route.

(I didn’t want to disturb this topic, but Mods feel free to merge)

What about getting a storage unit at a wine storage facility that also handles shipping and logistics? Have SQN (and any other American producer you want to buy) ship to the storage facility and then work out international shipping with them – just pick a facility with experience shipping internationally. There are lots of such facilities in Napa/SF, as you might imagine.

I can imagine. As I am only buying the SQN, it seems excessive to first arrange a local storage facility rather than directly shipping the wines. But maybe they ship in bulk (multiple clients) and thus bringing cost down. I’ll look into that, anyone that you recommend?

You could also try to arrange some sort of quid pro quo with a member of this forum. You could both store wines for each other that hard to find on each side of the Atlantic - EU wines for you and US wines for you - and try to meet once a year or so and exchange the goodies. Or store and consolidate shipping.

How many bottles a year are we talking about? If only a few many of us travel regularly to NL.

These guys handle my Chimere shipment. The were recommended by SQN. (I think they had 2 recs)

Ask the winery first. They might already work with a fulfillment or logistics company that will arrange everything for you. Make sure it goes refrigerated. You might be surprised how many wine shipments do not.