TN: 2015 Liquid Farm Chardonnay La Hermana

• 2015 Liquid Farm Chardonnay La Hermana - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Maria Valley (7/28/2020)
    Day 1: Wonderful wine with apple, spice, flint, lemon, orange peel and saline. Complex wine and medium plus finish. Good acidity. 92 points
    Day 2: Still singing. Fresh and should age for another five years. 92 points
    Recommendation: Drink now to 2025. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

La Hermana is my favorite of Liquid Farm’s Chardonnay line up. Had the 17 last week and it was singing as well - such great balance and purity, without any annoying oak signatures.

without any annoying oak signatures.

Exactly!

The folks at Liquid Farm do a nice job to get balance early on in their chardonnays. What I have found interesting, as others have noticed, is that sometimes tasting on day 2 makes the wine really sing.

2015 Golden Slope has hit its stride as well. Lovely wine. Each time I pull a liquid farm chard I am surprised how good it is. Guess I’d learn not to be surprised…

I’ve enjoyed LF chardonnays for a while, but when I visited the tasting room last year, I was most surprised by how much I liked their SBC Pinot. One of the most Burgundian I’ve had from CA.