PYCM Never Fails Me

Tonight, I opened a 2012 Guiberteau Saumur Clos de Guichaux… totally oxidized, shot.

Next attempt: 2014 Sauzet Puligny-Montrachet… also advanced.

I moved on to a 2017 PYCM Pernand-Vergelesses Les Belles Filles… A delicious drink. Smokey, flinty, fresh. Complete and satisfying, and premox free! Though not his most exalted wine, I find that particularly in 17 PYCM’s humbler bottlings outperform.

Interesting to see the color progression from 1st to last…
91AAF974-CC6D-43E2-A19B-8C2DE95B1219.jpeg
8B38AD81-7751-4C0C-904E-F2C977547C2F.jpeg
D99509FA-F9C3-4335-8B13-3CAA51E3E7EC.jpeg

1/3 - If this was baseball, you’d be in the MVP race!

Seriously, that sucks. I know I enjoyed my PYCM Pernand Sous Fretilles 1er immensely so I hope it made up for it. Seeing wines as recently as 2014 show signs of premox is disheartening.

Have some Sous Frétilles too! Working through Belles Filles and Combottes first…

Ugh now I’m worried about the Sauzet les Referts case I’ve let sleep so far. PYCM has never given me a premox issue, though I tend to drink them pretty young since they’re so good on release.

White Burgundy is just luck of the draw, it feels. The sickest part of all of this is that now, drinking my glass of PYCM Pernand, it still feels like it was worth the 2 shot bottles before I got here!

I love the wines…but I’m drinking all the Guiberteau wines within a year now. I have one 2014 PYCM St Aubin I’m hoping will show well later in life.

You’ve had issues with Guiberteau?

Opened a ‘18 PYCM Aligoté tonight. Tastes like PYCM and happiness.

Yes, I’ve got a bunch of '14’s, scary to think premox would alread by a concern.

Yes, I had multiple bottles of the 2010 Clos de Carmes pre-moxed last year…and then I had a bottle that was pristine and seemed like it could benefit from another decade in the cellar. I have one bottle of the 2015 Clos de Carmes left that I plan to drink by the end of this summer.

The 2015 Clos des Carmes should be fine! Just had one last Monday afternoon which was amazing and young still…

What is PYCM’s track record like on premox

big time issues with guiberteau. got rid of all my older btls.

very good

Premox is spreading to the Loire?

I’d say it’s been there, just people don’t age them long enough typically to see it. I’ve had advanced btls of Rougeard Breze too

I recently brought a few 2014s home from the locker to check in on, St Aubins 1ers and lower level Chassagne, and they’ve mostly showed the telltale PYCM reductive sulfur like character that often quickly blows off but in these cases had issues doing so. I’d say to stay away form 2014 PYCM right now as they could potentially fail you!

5-7 years is the hot spot for premox

Happy to hear that the PYCM rocked (no surprise there) but a bit devastated about the Guiberteau from OP and others here, I had no idea one should be wary of potential premox with their wines too…:frowning:

I’ve had oxidized bottles of 2010 and 2008 Chidaine. At the time, I thought of them as just oxidized and not part of premox … but this thread is having me reconsider.