TN: 2017 Weingut Willi Bründlmayer Chardonnay (Austria, Niederösterreich, Kamptal)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
IlkkaL

TN: 2017 Weingut Willi Bründlmayer Chardonnay (Austria, Niederösterreich, Kamptal)

#1 Post by IlkkaL » July 28th, 2020, 10:16 am

Niederösterreich is not exactly considered to be THE place for Burgundian varieties but Bründlmayer is one of those producers who seem do everything pretty well. A lot of class in this bottling, not sure how it might age but I would not mind a few extra bottles for near term drinking.
  • 2017 Weingut Willi Bründlmayer Chardonnay - Austria, Niederösterreich, Kamptal (28.7.2020)
    This one wins you over right away with its nose that is expressive and fantastically salty with ripe lemon fruit, pineapple, smoke and roasted nuts. I don’t doubt that this nose would fool many fans of white Burgundy. On the palate it is quite rich yet dry with relatively tame acidity. Not flabby at all though and it has this wonderful, intense salinity that really lifts the palate. I find the flavors more restrained than the aromatics on the nose which I don’t mind at all. The pairing with creamy cold smoked salmon pasta is pretty impeccable, although this drinks well on its own too. Quite a refined and elegant wine, serious without being challenging.
Posted from CellarTracker
Last name = L u !V! !V! e

Return to “Wine Talk”