Best dishwasher safe Cab glasses?

I have a set of Riedel Extreme Cab glasses, which are dishwasher safe, but are unfortunately too tall to use in my dishwasher on the top shelf. Does anyone have any recommendations for glasses that fit on the top shelf? Hand washing is a non-starter for me, so looking to buy something that will work.

I have put my stems on the bottom rack for years without a single incident.

https://www.amazon.com/YouU-Silicone-Dishwasher-Attachment-Protector/dp/B07WH75KM3/ref=pd_ybh_a_57?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=767CVTWAZTSQ1EXA3EZZ

I use these in the bottom rack - works fine…

I put Spiegelau Bdx, Schott Zwiesel cab, and Nachstein bdx all on the top shelf of my Bosch with no issues. They even handle the rinse aid drops fine too.

To me the key is just load everything carefully and solidly so nothing rattles around. And smell them when you remove them, occasionally there will be some aromas from food or grease and they need to be rerun, since I just run them with the dinner dishes.

This.

Even my Grassls have been fine in the dishwasher (on the bottom rack). You just need to be careful putting them in and out.

Since every stem I know of can be washed in the dishwasher, this is the same as asking for the “best” stem.

Usually I can only load on the bottom rack due to height. Sometimes I need to run only glasses to keep them safe and away from dirty foods. Lastly I use a cycle with lower water temp just to be safe. But I have yet to see wine glass specs or a manufacturer which says do not put these stems in the dishwasher.

Oh, I now see you said in the top shelf. That is very restrictive and while some washers have higher top shelves than others it is impossible to put what I’d call a proper red wine glass in the top shelf of a regular dishwasher. I can load Vinum Gourmet glasses in the top shelf and many whites stems but they are somewhat sideways. I don’t even like having them sideways so use the bottom rack which means I load less other stuff when washing stemware is my rule.

Even my Grassls have been fine in the dishwasher (on the bottom rack). You just need to be careful putting them in and out.

Hey now. LOL. We recognize some fragility issues. Those have (famous last words) been adjusted after a very serious and involved upgrade in QC at the factory.

We were releasing glasses with too little glass. I’ll post numbers in a bit, but, we have a new tighter threshold of weights so some of the gossamer-like ones don’t slip through. As an example, the 1855 will be spec at 100-110 grams (Zalto Bordeaux is 105-115 typically for a reference). But I’ve had some land at 84 grams. That’s simply too little glass for durability.

We are also still working on a ‘10,000 wash’ test of the stems in a Swiss lab and are submitting our crystal blend for hardness tests.

All that being said, the dishwasher is absolutely your best friend. Seems odd. But. It is. Soapy hands, faucets, sink lips, drying racks, and the like are all hazard points along the path from use to cleanliness.

I suggest not using the hottest heat or water setting, not having the glasses touch other items, and not removing them while hot from the dishwasher.

The above Amazon devices work well. Just be sure you have secured your glass to metal prongs attached to stable positions as opposed to parts which can collapse to make room for larger pots. They tend to shake.

Again, due to the help we received here launching our stems, if they break for WB members, preferably not due to accidents, it’s $10.00. And a new one gets mailed.

My Grassls fit in the top rack where my dishwasher has a flip down stem holder, and my Riedel vinums did before that, as long as I adjust the top rack to the lowest height setting.

This is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing. I have always been scared to use the bottom rack because I had a stem that fell during the wash and broke, so glass got literally everywhere.

I have a few Grassls that weigh in at 85-88 grams, and its noticeable when you pick one up vs one that weighs in at 100 grams. All of them have functioned flawlessly since Day 1

Riedel restaurant series if you can find them. They fit in top or bottom and not as fragile.

Sorry! To be clear, by “even my Grassls” I just mean you don’t need to buy extra durable, clunky wine glasses to be able to clean them in the dishwasher because even my very fancy, incredibly light glasses have been completely fine in the dishwasher. We have yet to have any durability issues, although they are so light that sometimes my wife is too nervous to use them haha

The biggest problem with my Grassls is that I only have two! I need to get more.

I know this all too well… shattered a 3 month old Liberte in the sink while hand washing last week [dash1.gif] will be trying the dishwasher method going forward.

My Zaltos go through my dishwasher multiple times a week. I can fit the zalto bordeaux or burgundy stems on the top rack in my old bosch dishwasher, without a problem but that is definitely very dishwasher dependent.

Yeah I also shattered a Cru recently hand washing the rim. Dishwasher has never given me an issue.

That got me curious so I weighed my glasses. 3 of 4 1855 were 105-108 grams, but one was 88 grams. Wouldn’t have noticed if you didn’t mention it, but perhaps that is the issue with some of the breakage.

I haven’t broken any 1855 yet but I don’t use them much. I use the Cru every day pretty much and have broken 2 just drying them out of the dishwasher. Maybe those were lighter than spec.

I appreciate you guys working to improve! Love the glasses for drinking, there’s nothing better IMO!

I put my Zalto/Sophienwald glasses in the top shelf of my dishwasher and haven’t had any issues after numerous cycles.

I’ve recently tried the dishwasher for my Zaltos (bottom shelf, too big for top shelf) and I keep getting drip spots especially around the rim (a ring around the rim). Any tips for avoiding this?

Just ordered some Grassls on BD, excited to try them! Sounds like the under-spec weight variance has been resolved.

My experience is that some of this is avoidable by finding the right angle to put them in at so the water runs off most effectively. But also I try not to let them sit in the dishwasher too long after the cycle. I pull them out and immediately wipe off any drips with a flour sack cloth, before it has time to dry.