TN: 2018 Tatomer Riesling Steinhugel (USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Maria Valley)

• 2018 Tatomer Riesling Steinhugel - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Maria Valley (7/22/2020)
    Green things on the nose, but edging towards slightly orange fruits. On the palate green apples, pears, but also some lime and new car dashboard taste. It follows the Riesling taste protocol pretty closely. It’s nicely balanced, but comes on a little strong somehow. And my most used line is coming up: bit too sweet for me. But for the money, this is a great Riesling. (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Had it tonight with some Japanese and somehow it really hit the spot. Yes, still a bit sweet for me, but everything else was firing nicely. I’d rate this 91pts tonight. My wife loved it, too.

Wow, a 91 for something with residual sugar? From you, Adam? Everything ok? (I knew the sweetness issue was going to come up before I clicked on this thread)!

Maybe I’m coming around! [wow.gif]

The miracle of multi-day oxygenation.

If it’s not empty, then recork the bottle, put in the back of the fridge & revisit it in two to four weeks…