TN 1999 Musar. (Cringe - worthy?)

In light of earlier topic on this board about very cringe TN’s thought I would share my cringeworthy review of 1999 Musar. Maybe start a new trend neener

Musar 1999

09:30. As I walk to the cellar, a jaunty spring in my step, I cannot help but feel happy that the day has come again where i will permit myself to open one of you.

1999, chateau Musar. My previous experiences with you have been nothing but good although requiring some patience, and with 6 bottles left I cannot wait to see what the future still holds. A slight worry that you will be different from previous iterations niggles at the back of my mind.

10:00. I take you into the kitchen, and upon retrieving my wine opener, gently peel away your covering foil. Looking at your cork, you seem to have leaked a little, but that should not be a huge problem.

10:05. Taking my Durand I coax your cork out of you, while twisting gently. You decide that you are not quite ready to surrender and decide to crumble.

10:10. After much coaxing I manage to free you from your corky prison and a beautiful smell of red fruit and leather assails my senses, a real delight.

10:30. I decant you into the decanter, taking note that you hold quite a bit of fine sediment, which I am careful not to pour out.

12:00. I decant you back into your bottle after having rinsed it, and lay you to rest in a cool spot uncovered untill later tonight when we have our final rendezvous.

17:30. I pour you into something more comfortable, so we can enjoy you better. For tonight i have selected a sexy little number that should reveal all your best bits; a Gabriel Gold Glass. You have really settled and are making me happy at this point. Wonderful floral notes, roses and delicate spices delight my olfactory senses.

17:45. Roast lamb in middle eastern spices and eggplant will be your dates tonight, and they complement you well. You are smooth as silk, bold and clearly developing maturity. A wonder to behold. Leather, tobacco, brambles and roses come to mind. A real mature beauty.

19:30. As I stare into my glass, I realize that our time again is fleeting. I cannot but feel a sense of sorrow that it might be a while till we meet again.

Chateau Musar 1999.
95/100 points.
A la prochaine!

M.

They called him the wine whisperer.

I’m not crying, you’re crying.

What a beautiful and tragic love affair.

We really are a sick bunch here on WB!

P.S. Great tasting note/story and great wine

Haha thanks, definitely straying into the weird though … :wink:

It’s not quite Matt Kramer, but it’s a good read!

The “Cringe” in the thread title threw me off. Sounds like a great wine, though.

Funny enough, I had this exact wine out of a half last night. My notes are similar to yours (minus the prose) – a beautiful well-aged Musar. Smelled like bell peppers, tasted like tobacco and leather, felt like velvet on the palate. (That said I am particularly sensitive to pyrazines – nobody else at the table smelled any)

Yeah, I kept waiting for the bottom to fall out.

Love the French at the end.

Haha, I had to look the gentleman up! No relation however :slight_smile:

How was the VA on your bottle(s)? I’ve had bottles that show great; while some could remove nail polish…

none at all on mine, very clean.

From Seinfeld, of course!

That ‘99 Musar is quite special. I have an up and down relationship with this producer, but every ‘99 has been most excellent.

Thanks for the note!

Seinfeld’s Kramer was “Cosmo”, Robert A. No big deal, your mistake was “benign”. neener

Piss off, I had broken sleep last night!

[snort.gif]

You will learn to smile at these things, grasshopper!