TN: 2018 Walter Scott Chardonnay Seven Springs Vineyard

• 2018 Walter Scott Chardonnay Seven Springs Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (7/18/2020)
    Served in Reidel Chardonnay Extreme stems. Initially a tad too cold, but the upside was in effect, it isolated the fruit character and certainly it was one the most gorgeous renditions of liquified white peach I can ever recall having. As the wine warmed, waves of mineralit appeared that gave a sensation of powdered stone on the back end. Extremely light in color, elegant, and just a smashingly good young OR Chardonnay. I cannot wait to try an 18 X Novo soon but it will be tough sledding to top this! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Thanks for the tasting note. I have never had a W. Scott wine, but a couple of months ago I ordered 1 of each of Chard and Pinot (11 cuvees) and can not wait. BTW, Erica could not have been nicer, class act.

1 Like
  • 2018 Walter Scott Chardonnay Seven Springs Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (7/8/2023)
    In looking back at my note from 3 years ago, this appears to be evolving very well and well in tune with that early impression 36 mos later. Specifically, still carries a white peach fruit profile, but as the wine warms to optimal temp, smashingly good waves of mineral and stone take over, still carrying a bit of youthful oak but it’s integrating nicely, matchstick is much less pronounced. Clean finish. While maybe not destined to be the longest lived of a WS Chard, I’m thrilled where the 18 Seven Springs appears to be heading.
1 Like

Yeah, I was sad when they stopped making wine from this vineyard

Morgen Long makes an outstanding Seven Springs SVD.

2 Likes

Yep, I have 3 bottles of the 2019.

1 Like