TN: Dom.Berioles Tresaille Loire '18....(short/boring)

This was gifted me by a friend (thank you, Bruce) because he knew my penchant for weird stuff:

1. Dom.des Berioles Tresaille IGP: Val de Loire (100% Tressallier; 13.5%; American Northwest Distributors/Seattle; BeckyWasserman & Co) Jean Teissedre/Cesset/St.Pourcain 2018: Light yellow color;strong very mineral/chalky/terroir-driven light aromatic/pear/quince slight spicy/cardamon very attractive/perfumed nose; quite tart/tangy/bit steely slightly rich strong stony/chalky/mineral light floral/pear/quince/apple blossom classic terroir-driven Loire flavor; very long/lingering tart/steely/chalky/stony light floral/pear/apple blossom finish; a classic chalky/mineral terroir-driven Loire white at a very good price. $nc (BL)/$21.00

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. Tressallier is a rare grape most commonly known as Sacy in NE & Central France. It is a natural cross of GouaisBlanc & one of the Pinots, which makes it a full sibling of Chard, which suggests it did not come from Italy which was once claimed. The richness of this wine suggests something akin to a Chard. Clearly a grape they should be planting all up&down the coast of Calif.
    Tom

Tom, I’ll be on the lookout for this one. I liked the '17 Nebout Tressallier Saint Pourçain L’Incompris du Tressallier a lot for around the same price. That one is a North Berkeley wine, so should be available if you care to try it.