TN: 2008 Pol Roger Champagne Blanc de Blancs (France, Champagne)

• 2008 Pol Roger Champagne Blanc de Blancs - France, Champagne (7/9/2020)
    A generous nose of brioche, white peach and aniseed. It is full, rich and creamy, with good intensity and cut by the vintage’s minerally acidity. Good finesse and length.

Posted from CellarTracker

Pol Roger is one of those producers I’d buy all the time if I could afford it. I should have made a TN of the 2002 Winston Churchill cuvée I had, because it would have been my very first time using ‘mille-feuille’ as an aroma descriptor.

I like saying ‘mille-feuille’.

Now that you folks have gotten me thinking: Roger’s White Foil bottling, available for ~30some Euro on a good day in Paris, is like an overly decadent, and maybe slightly sloppy, Mille Feuille. So good.

easier than counting them.

Always found the sugary sweetness of young PRs detracting in their youth.

We checked in on a 2008 Pol Roger Brut while at the beach last week. It is getting some better integration and development but needs more time to really fan out. I find Pol Roger to be a safe go-to when options are limited to the bigger houses’ entry wines.

Cheers,
fred

So, will this be another vintage of this wine, (as is the 2002) that we are told after the fact that despite the strength of the the vintage, much of the Chardonnay produced is lacking?

Mille tous.

Next to Louis Roederer, Pol Roger is my favorite producer for all wines across the house and this 08` is truly a top class bubbly. Happy you enjoyed it as well Jeremy.