TN: 2015 Ultramarine Blanc de Blancs Heintz Vineyard Sonoma Coast

• 2015 Ultramarine Blanc de Blancs Heintz Vineyard Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (6/30/2020)
    HOLY COW I love these wines! An absolute amazing combo of flesh and citrus energy…refreshingly alive effervescence…plush lemon ginger chiffon mousse…exotic flavors of almond liqueur, lees, marsala creme…lychee florals. Back to more of the flesh and richness style than the 14 had, but not as so as the 13. SO jazzed with lemon, grapefruit, pineapple acidity…salty crushed oyster minerality…long and persisting with puckering sours…then calmed with a palate coating cloud of ginger and almond liqueur mousse…such wonderful balance…leaving you craving for more! I need cases of this stuff, not just 2 bottles! Love um. (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

An insanely good bottle of wine. Blew me away when I opened it in March that it was California sparkling

Great note and pic! I still have my two bottles, but these are so hard to keep your hands off. I wonder what this would be like in 10+ years?

Wait List since 2016…and waiting…

I can’t bring myself to pay the marked up cost for these bottles, so alas, I shall continue my wait.

Great note though! What traditional major champagne house would you most say it reminds you of?

Ha…I was just thinking this wine was like a Krug/Tait CdC combo! champagne.gif

How are the Cruse wines? Just signed up…hadn’t really paid attention that there were other wines being made other than the UM. I like unique…and would love to get some UM like wines on the cheap?

Cruse Tradition (the new standard NV) certainly isn’t Ultramarine. It’s an interesting wine, of decent quality for CA sparkling, but isn’t going to replace champagne at the same toughly $50 price point. That being said, to reiterate what I’ve said elsewhere, the dosage trial is a ton of fun.

I find them interesting but nothing more. Not remotely close to the quality level of Ultramarine. That actually surprises me, but there it is.

+1 on all of this. Nice note on the '15 Buzz. I need to open one soon, it has been a while since I checked in on a UM.

Buzz…no idea what this is. Is it another of those CA wines that’s twice the price of a comparable Champagne?

Received this email the other day-

“The first and foremost is that we will release the 2016 as is normal on September 8th, day after Labor Day. We did make slightly more wine, so if you do not get an initial offering, we will be releasing to the waitlist on a weekly basis until sold out. We do expect that many of you will not get an allocation but we are being as fair as possible based on the length of time on our list…Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.”

Hope I make the cut this year. [training.gif]

No. While it’s not cheap, it’s a pretty darned good competitor. Different, but really delicious.