2017 Kayli Morgan - Hundred Acre release

This had to be one of the craziest letter’s by Jason in a while… 3 pack for $1800… woof!

Hard pass… a meh vintage and prices considerably higher than secondary market. Wonder if anyone is biting as I’ve gotten 3 reminder emails.

This sounds like on par with Harlan, doesn’t it?

Would roughly agree (though different wines obviously). Typically waitlisted wines not selling well due to pricing that is too high vs secondary market and a not great vintage.

Can anyone screenshot the letter? They are a gas to read and this one sounds like no exception.

seconded

I’ll try to find it and figure out how to post. And yeah, that dude is apparently sequestered in New Zealand somewhere, and let just say, I’d love to have what he’s having as he puts pen to paper with these letters…

If that link doesn’t work, let me know…

Wow, so you have to pay $1,800 for a 3-pack AND read that rambling mess of a letter just to get this wine? Ouch.

That letter is hilarious.

What an amazing letter. Thank you Matt for the entertainment

we should keep this thread going and update every time he puts them out.

As for the wine itself- they are delicious if youre a fan of modern styled Napa cabernet. But $600/bottle delicious? To each their own when making that calculation…

Wow … a combination of 2013 and 2016 … believe that’s the first time I’ve heard anyone try and claim that about 17—man can spin some yarn. I don’t hate the 17s I’ve tried, but they’re clearly built nothing like the 13’s and 16’s. I’m drinking plenty of 17 now and won’t really touch 13 and 16.

What makes you think it’s a “meh” vintage?