Saxum Summer 2020 Release

July 14th

The offering will include our 2018 Broken Stones ($98), 2018 Paderewski Vineyard ($98) and our extended age 2017 The Hexe ($148).

The following wines will be sold first come, first served. Our 2018 Terry Hoage Vineyard ($98) and our extended age 2017 Rocket Block ($148).

The following magnums will be sold first come, first served. Our 2018 Broken Stones 1.5 L ($196), 2018 Paderewski Vineyard 1.5 L ($196), and 2017 The Hexe 1.5 L ($296).

[flirtysmile.gif] [flirtysmile.gif] [flirtysmile.gif] Drank a 2012 Terry Hoage last night,

Sadly in the second wave release but looking forward to it regardless.

On the wait list like a lot of others. Anyone not buying, I would be interested in buying at cost.

I haven’t bought Paderewski in awhile since it was heavier Zin dominated. The ‘18 sounds good though.

This will be my 3rd offer. How many years does it take to get an offer for Booker and is it summer or winter usually?

Not sure what the list is like now, but I got my first offer in 2013 and bought my first Booker in the winter release of 2016.

In
Hope I get some Hoage.

My daughter’s birth year. Will probably get a mix of things.

This seems a little different than usual. Normally if you get an offer, it’s good for a couple of weeks and and only the magnums are first come, first served. This time the Hoage and Rocket Block are first come. They must be in short supply. The Rocket Block isn’t made that often. In 2013, it was the standard $98 and I actually wished for and got extra bottles. Then, I think the 15 was only released in magnum. Now it has ticked up to $148. I guess that’s the entry price for new releases. Booker is usually in the Fall and they
never make much of it.

I agree that this is a little different than past offerings. I’ve been buying since 2006 vintage, and will continue, however, the $148 for the Rocket Block gives me some pause. As much as I like and enjoy it, I’m not sure that I enjoy it 50% more than any of their other offerings. I hope that this is not the start of pricing changes for them. Maybe Justin will chime in.

From CellarTracker, a Saxum search returns
155 Bottles of 55 wines…
I have a problem

I thought both Hexe and Rocket Block were $148 last year.

Justin is only charging more for the bottles with increased barrel aging IIRC.

I bought the ‘16 Rocket Block and it was $148.

Correct. Didn’t both get 99’s or 100’s too?

Well that makes me feel much better… only 53 bottles across 33 wines.

I have 147 bottles of Saxum 19 of which are magnums. That number will be going up soon.

I signed up for Saxum in February 2013, seven years ago. My palate has since shifted to European old world wines. I figure that once I make the list, I’ll be so old that my taste buds will be shot and I’ll want this style again. Win win! [wink.gif]

I love my Old World wines too, but every once in a while a Saxum is exactly what you want. [cheers.gif]