TN: 2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Chardonnay Durant Vineyard

The Goodfellow bus came by and I finally got on. Digging these wines recently. This one perhaps a little more open and giving than the '17 Ribbon Ridge I opened last month. Very good wines that scratch the old-world- Chardonnay itch.

• 2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Chardonnay Durant Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Dundee Hills (6/28/2020)
    Popped and let the bottle sit open for 30 mins. Didn’t pick up much of the reduction others have mentioned. Super clean, chiseled, with young Chablis-like intensity. Tart and taut citrus notes, some tropical fruits. Very fresh. Young, but emerging. Should age nicely. Excellent wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

Yum. Sounds about right. Haven’t popped a 2017 Durant but did have an 18 that was approachable.

Sean

Locked mine away in my off site locker to get some age on them. Looking forward to adding more and sampling them all.

Smart move locking them away. Trying to forget about mine, but keep being drawn to them as they are new to me and I’m getting a baseline. Will try to age some!
[cheers.gif]

Most of my Goodfellow chardonnays at the moment are waiting to be shipped until the fall. A good way to avoid diving into them too early :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

+1 though I have already drank thru a case